The Sinking Of The Titantic - FDCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well OVM, FedEx isn't going away and it isn't dying. What is happening is a change. This change isn't being made just for the fun of it but for the company in this environment. They may lose market share but remember that they are larger than many of those companies who are operating at a good clip right not and the work they do still dwarfs all the others combined.

FedEx can do something that only one other company can do, lower their rates to the point no one can compete with them and still pay their contractors a set rate that keeps them happy.

Monty

Expert Expediter
If Landstar has a "C" truck, I have never seen one, nor do any show up in available equipment searches. But we do get "C" rates for some OD van loads.

What we do have is a "SuperB", one that might be a Sprinter, a CargoMaxx, or even an old Ryder dual wheel "City Van".

If you know of any "C"'s I'd love to be informed.

But in our classification, anything over 10,000 pounds requires logs, (as everywhere), so the contractors seldom ever purchase one.

I am willing to be corrected.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Everyone says that, but they never do.
Any time I am near you or anyone else for that matter lets sit down and either torch the FED or quiet the rumor mongers.
To substantiate claims please bring tax filings, I will do the same,
as that would be the proof of the numbers.
Time to put up or shut up as Gramps use to say.
Now call me on it and prove to all the world I am like "Everyone says that, but they never do.":eek:

Again, I wont hold my breathe, because you are right " a lot of talk, mostly B S, no one will travel out of this make believe world of smoke and mirrors they hid and bellow out from.
You guys are too too funny.

I await being summoned...................

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
If Landstar has a "C" truck, I have never seen one, nor do any show up in available equipment searches. But we do get "C" rates for some OD van loads.

What we do have is a "SuperB", one that might be a Sprinter, a CargoMaxx, or even an old Ryder dual wheel "City Van".

If you know of any "C"'s I'd love to be informed.

But in our classification, anything over 10,000 pounds requires logs, (as everywhere), so the contractors seldom ever purchase one.

I am willing to be corrected.

Well they do now,Say hello Phil & Diane

Monty

Expert Expediter
We'll see .... I wait to see what classification they place on them ... most likely a "D" truck, because of weight capacity ....

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out ....

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yep,
Bluzman must have stole all the high dollar freight that the others can't seem to find.

Dave, I have a $1000 in my pocket to up against your $1000.
Any time any place. Bring cash.
Easiest grand I will ever have "stolen".:cool:

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Have to disagree..if the Feds go down they go down alone...we don't need them...they DON'T even exist...they hide their operation and don't even acknowledge CC in the books....now even more obsolete being made Fedex Freight...

good riddance if CC goes for a dump....:)

I agree with you. FCC can disappear off the face of the earth.
But the service wont.
Change the name to whatever as long as they compete I'll get paid.
My concern isnt what the Fed is doing it is how it
is effecting the owner for whom I drive.
If he pulls the plug because of his circumstances I have no
control in those matters.
And I can see it becoming a problem.

Last edited:

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm a noob, so take this with a grain of salt, but:

Is the Fed trying to save money by replacing high-value, high-cost expediters like Phil & Diane with LTL drivers? One team in a tractor can pull a trailer with twice the capacity of a straight truck, and deliver the load in pretty much the same time, given that S/T's and semis have to play by the same rules (HOS, etc). Even if they had to crossdock to finish the delivery, it would probably be cheaper to pay a WG truck to make a short delivery (and turn them into high-class couriers), as opposed to sending two WG trucks cross-country. Either way "Custom Critical" doesn't sound like either one anymore. With the exception of seriously high-dollar art, medical or other runs, I think Fred considers freight to be just freight, regardless of how the shipper sees it.

If this is the case, I can see why Phil is P/Oed; I'm sure he didn't envision himself as a glorified courier. EDIT: Phil & Diane went to Landstar while I was typing (I'm a hunt & peck typist), so it ain't his problem anymore :)

I say again: I am a noob, and I KNOW I'm flying above my ceiling here, so forgive me if I'm wrong. I have never worked for FDCC and I'm sure I never will. Just making a SWAG here... :D

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If you read through these posts from your comrads, I think the answer has already been provided.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you read through these posts from your comrads, I think the answer has already been provided.

Yes, for them.
But your asinine insinuations were towards me.
If you have proof I have "stolen" business not available
to others, or that I am the only getting high paying loads,
or MAYBE telling the truth,
bring it forth.
Otherwise your opinions are just GIGO.:cool:

MayfieldExp

Seasoned Expediter
My bet would be on Davekc winning the $1000.00. I don't know what DaveKc makes, but Dave got me and my step Dad out of AZ on a 1950 mile load when we 1st started with Panther. I do know that Davekc trucks are always loaded. My wife and my mother worked at Panther at one time before my step Dad move the trucks to Panther. They told me his trucks was always on good paying loads as DaveKc finds a lot of his own loads and sometimes double loads his trucks.

I will ask my step Dad when he gets home about where they have made the most money, Fedex or Panther. I will let you know soon.

Mark

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My bet would be on Davekc winning the $1000.00. I don't know what DaveKc makes, but Dave got me and my step Dad out of AZ on a 1950 mile load when we 1st started with Panther. I do know that Davekc trucks are always loaded. My wife and my mother worked at Panther at one time before my step Dad move the trucks to Panther. They told me his trucks was always on good paying loads as DaveKc finds a lot of his own loads and sometimes double loads his trucks.

I will ask my step Dad when he gets home about where they have made the most money, Fedex or Panther. I will let you know soon.

Mark

Best know what the bet is about before you chirp in, unless you are putting up.
Anyone can run their mouth.
And no, it wasnt about where your Mom and Dad made more money.
That has nothing to do with me or what we were talking about.
That is your parents success story and kudos to them.
Oh, I have met your Parents and you, at your home in Seville a little over four years ago.:)

MayfieldExp

Seasoned Expediter
Best know what the bet is about before you chirp in, unless you are putting up.
Anyone can run their mouth.
And no, it wasnt about where your Mom and Dad made more money.
That has nothing to do with me or what we were talking about.
That is your parents success story and kudos to them.
Oh, I have met your Parents and you, at your home in Seville a little over four years ago.:)

I do know what the bet was about sir. I never said it was about my mom or step dads income. It was about you making more than Davekc. As far as meeting me I think you are thinking of someone else. I have never met you and I don't think you have been to my moms house in Seville.

Mark

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I do know what the bet was about sir. I never said it was about my mom or step dads income. It was about you making more than Davekc. As far as meeting me I think you are thinking of someone else. I have never met you and I don't think you have been to my moms house in Seville.

Mark
No, it is not about me making more than DaveKC.

And yes I have been to your house in Seville. I sat at the table next to the computer desk while taking with your Dad and Mom.
Then we took a ride down the road toward the freeway, just a short ride to the farm that had a few of your Dads trucks ( Hinos I believe ) parked just off the road.
Lets see how much better this 59 year old mind is than yours.
A team had just quit and returned one of the trucks.
Now this particular team came out of the NE I'm thinking near upper NY or NH.
They didnt have a place to stay so your Dad put them up in
a home in Akron area ( maybe your old home?)
While inspecting the truck your Dad said they hit something as there was damage to the sleeper.
Ring any bells?:D

MayfieldExp

Seasoned Expediter
No, it is not about me making more than DaveKC.

And yes I have been to your house in Seville. I sat at the table next to the computer desk while taking with your Dad and Mom.
Then we took a ride down the road toward the freeway, just a short ride to the farm that had a few of your Dads trucks ( Hinos I believe ) parked just off the road.
Lets see how much better this 59 year old mind is than yours.
A team had just quit and returned one of the trucks.
Now this particular team came out of the NE I'm thinking near upper NY or NH.
They didnt have a place to stay so your Dad put them up in
a home in Akron area ( maybe your old home?)
While inspecting the truck your Dad said they hit something as there was damage to the sleeper.
Ring any bells?:D

No sir, you may be thinking of my younger brother Jon. I still think your taking about another Panther Owner from Seville. I will ask my step Dad when he gets home. They don't have any Hinos, just Freightliners and they just bought their 1st KW ever. As for the bet, I'm sorry as I thought you was talking about yours and Daves Income. My step Dad and Davekc talk a lot sir. Do you remember anything about their home? I'm sorry I just don't remember a Fedex owner ever coming to our house.

Mark

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No sir, you may be thinking of my younger brother Jon. I still think your taking about another Panther Owner from Seville. I will ask my step Dad when he gets home. They don't have any Hinos, just Freightliners and they just bought their 1st KW ever. As for the bet, I'm sorry as I thought you was talking about yours and Daves Income. My step Dad and Davekc talk a lot sir. Do you remember anything about their home? I'm sorry I just don't remember a Fedex owner ever coming to our house.

Mark
A different Son, could be. I think he was interested in playing guitar or bass.
I dont remember a whole lot about the home, I think the office area was upstairs, a dinette with an L shaped desk.
A very big tree was on the edge of the parking area in front of the home.
The road the home was on was east of the TA, the exit Panther is at, but in the opposite direction, maybe a couple miles from the freeway on the east side of the road.
Oh, I am not an owner.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And now, back to our regularly scheduled topic with any and all other debates and discussions going to PM's or emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.