December 2014

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
But you did reference the minimum wage, implying it is the reason for the price increase. As if prices don't increase otherwise, but we know that's not true.
If we don't care for being at the bottom, we could always start our own company, eh?

I also referenced its a spiral....no end....up the wages the cost of living goes up....the wages would be low again...give em another raise....how about a novel idea?....How about a 2nd job work another 8 hours/or 12 part time to bump up the income....look at the hours we put in to make a living why can't the hourly group do that as well????? Why should I ME have to pay.subsidize them to work a meager 40 hours and sit on their respective butts?....instead of burdening the whole of society...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Please do educate me sir as I am just a po' Appalachian boy lol

LOL!!! Yankees are from CT. There are also Yankees who play baseball, in NYC. There are Yankee fishermen, Yankee sails and Yankee boats.

In Michigan our ball team is the Tigers, we don't have a "private" commercial fishing fleet any longer, only some "Native American's" are fishing the Lakes commercially now. They are NOT "Yankee" fishermen. They are mainly Huron, Wyandotte and Mohican fisherman.

Michigan is NOT CT.

There MAY be Yankee sails, and Yankee sail boats here. I know nothing about blow boats.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And UNDER the street corners in Detroit, Flint, Saginaw etc.

People from Michigan are called "Michiganders", not yankees.

http://www.mystery.com/~gabe/michigander.html

Michigander.jpg

Last edited: