The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Yet 99.8% of the people that went to the capital on jan 6th went there with peaceful intentions.
Maybe so. But how does that apply to Reffitt who was convicted of the crimes charged? What difference does it make what those who obeyed the law did? This is about the one who broke the law.

Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Maybe so. But how does that apply to Reffitt who was convicted of the crimes charged? What difference does it make what those who obeyed the law did? This is about the one who broke the law.
He deserves his jail time because he broke the law.....had this been a real coup there would have been alot more people with guns......alot more.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yet 99.8% of the people that went to the capital on jan 6th went there with peaceful intentions.
Yep, some are also glossing over the fact that many that were charged for being in “restricted areas” didn’t know it was restricted. Restricted signs were taken down( it’s on tape) by a provocateur who still hasn’t been arrested and people were waved into it by police.(it’s on tape) Doors were open by police and people were let into the building.( it’s on tape) There was also scaffold commander with a bullhorn( still not arrested after12 months) imploring people to keep moving forward and go into the Capitol.
How convenient that the two most vocal instigators, Ray Epps ( “We need to go into the Capitol!”) and Scaffold Commander”( Fill up the Capitol!”) still haven’t been charged after 12 months.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Yep, some are also glossing over the fact that many that were charged for being in “restricted areas” didn’t know it was restricted. Restricted signs were taken down( it’s on tape) by a provocateur who still hasn’t been arrested and people were waved into it by police.(it’s on tape) Doors were open by police and people were let into the building.( it’s on tape)
So far, none of that has exonerated anyone who has pleaded guilty or been convicted. I have not read or heard about any cases where charges were filed and then lifted because of what you mention above. While there may be some cases where charges were not filed because of what you mention above, I have not seen any such cases reported.

That leads me to believe there is more to the story than the story you tell. With 750 people charged with various crimes to date, 200 of those pleading guilty and one now convicted by a jury, it seems that actual crimes were actually committed; and is seems the developments you mention are either irrelevant in the cases charged, or they are only a small and meaningless part of the larger story that is resulting in 200 guilty pleas and yesterday's conviction by a jury.

I may be wrong about this. Muttly, maybe you can tell us. Are you aware of any case where the person charged or a defendant in court actually made one or more of the following arguments, and that point resulted in the person being not charged, or having charges previously laid later lifted?
  • "I didn't know it was a restricted area."
  • "The 'restricted area' signs were taken down."
  • "I was waved in by the police"
  • "The police opened the doors to let me in the building."

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
How convenient that the two most vocal instigators, Ray Epps ( “We need to go into the Capitol!”) ... still haven’t been charged after 12 months.
I had not heard of Ray Epps until you mentioned him here. A quick Google search produced this:

"The most common charge for those arrested following Jan. 6 is entering or remaining in a restricted federal building, so it’s also noteworthy that none of the videos included in Revolver’s posts show Epps inside the Capitol building. In fact two of them appear to show Epps trying to mitigate confrontation between protesters and police outside." (Source)

You talk about convenience. Based on the above, it seems to be more about innocence. There is no evidence this man committed a crime.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I had not heard of Ray Epps until you mentioned him here. A quick Google search produced this:

"The most common charge for those arrested following Jan. 6 is entering or remaining in a restricted federal building, so it’s also noteworthy that none of the videos included in Revolver’s posts show Epps inside the Capitol building. In fact two of them appear to show Epps trying to mitigate confrontation between protesters and police outside." (Source)

You talk about convenience. Based on the above, it seems to be more about innocence. There is no evidence this man committed a crime.
A little bit more on Epps.

Reactions: ATeam and RLENT

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Yes there is, based on charges brought against others involved in the Jan 6 riots.

"Federal prosecutors have charged more than 700 for inciting riots, disorderly conduct, civil disorder and other reasons — but Epps, videotaped calling for crowds to enter the Capitol, is not among the 700. Epps, videotaped for doing basically what Democrats say President Trump did — incite illegal and criminal acts of violence — is not among the 700. Why? Why not?"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: muttly and RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Yes there is, based on charges brought against others involved in the Jan 6 riots.
I beg to differ. The people who are charged are not charged because of what other people did. They are charged because of what they did.

Also, according to the article Ragman shared, Epps has stopped commenting about his actions on or related to Jan 6. We do not know why. We do not know if he is simply innocent and thus not charged, or if he is avoiding being charged because he is cooperating. When I say there is no evidence that he committed a crime, I mean no evidence that has come to light thus far.

There may indeed be no evidence period. End or story. Or maybe there is evidence that we do not yet know about. Either way, we're talking about an unknown and I am disinclined to waste time speculating about such things.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Nunes explained what the delay has been. ...
It’s going to be big.
I'm beginning to wonder if Truth Social has already gotten as big as it's going to get and now it's growing smaller.

"The data suggests that Truth Social currently has 200,000 unique visitors, compared to 285,000 for Parler and 1.1 million unique visitors for Gettr.

"App store download page visits for Truth Social is also down from 361,000 visits for the week of February 20, when it became the number one free app on the Apple marketplace, to only 90,000 visits for the week ending March 6." (
Source)

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm beginning to wonder if Truth Social has already gotten as big as it's going to get and now it's growing smaller.

"The data suggests that Truth Social currently has 200,000 unique visitors, compared to 285,000 for Parler and 1.1 million unique visitors for Gettr.

"App store download page visits for Truth Social is also down from 361,000 visits for the week of February 20, when it became the number one free app on the Apple marketplace, to only 90,000 visits for the week ending March 6." (
Source)
Nunes said by the end of March.( weeks away still)Saw him talk about it a couple days ago on Newsmax.
Huge demand to get on the site. Just have to wait because they are ensuring safeguards. He seemed very upbeat and positive how it’s going.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I beg to differ. The people who are charged are not charged because of what other people did. They are charged because of what they did.

Also, according to the article Ragman shared, Epps has stopped commenting about his actions on or related to Jan 6. We do not know why. We do not know if he is simply innocent and thus not charged, or if he is avoiding being charged because he is cooperating. When I say there is no evidence that he committed a crime, I mean no evidence that has come to light thus far.

There may indeed be no evidence period. End or story. Or maybe there is evidence that we do not yet know about. Either way, we're talking about an unknown and I am disinclined to waste time speculating about such things.
What he was on video doing could easily have been considered aiding and abetting, or inciting, plus anything else the overzealous DC prosecutors could easily dream up considering the ways they've gone after everyone else identified at the Jan 6th riots. He was not an innocent bystander or cheerleader, so yes - by the prevailing standards used to prosecute others, he could/should have been charged for what he did. But he hasn't been so far, and he's low-hanging fruit. That's why the situation with him doesn't pass the smell test.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
What he was on video doing could easily have been considered aiding and abetting, or inciting, plus anything else the overzealous DC prosecutors could easily dream up considering the ways they've gone after everyone else identified at the Jan 6th riots. He was not an innocent bystander or cheerleader, so yes - by the prevailing standards used to prosecute others, he could/should have been charged for what he did. But he hasn't been so far, and he's low-hanging fruit. That's why the situation with him doesn't pass the smell test.
There seems to be a bit of mindreading and subjective judgement in your comments. I don't know what the prosecutors are thinking or what is proper to consider or not consider about Epps. I don't know what it means that Epps is not charged. And I don't know if he might be charged later. And if he is charged, I'm not in a position to know what those will be or should be. Finally, "smell test" is in the nose of the smeller. Whether someone or something passes someone else's smell test is irrelevant.

Just yesterday, it was announced that Proud Boys leader Henry “Enrique” Tarrio was arrested for his suspected role in the Jan 6 (riot, insurrection, tourist event, protest, whatever). And he was not in Washington, DC on that day.

That arrest no doubt passes some people's smell test, while the same arrest fails other people's smell test. But this is America. Smell tests don't matter. People's constitutional rights and the justice system do.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Accountability: Lawyers Forcing Powell and Paxton to Answer for Their Frivolous Lawsuits

"AUSTIN, Texas — The State Bar of Texas is seeking sanctions against Dallas lawyer Sidney Powell over her failed efforts to contest the 2020 election results on behalf of the Donald Trump campaign.

"A petition filed March 1 accuses Powell of professional misconduct by filing “frivolous” voter fraud lawsuits in four states, making false statements to a court and offering evidence she knew to be false. ...

"A complaint against Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is also moving forward, the Houston Chronicle first reported Monday. A national group of lawyers and 16 others from Texas have accused him of professional misconduct for filing a lawsuit with the U.S. Supreme Court that sought to overturn Democrat Joe Biden’s election win. The high court rejected the case.

"James Harrington, one of the Texas attorneys who filed the complaint, said Paxton has 20 days to choose whether the matter is heard in district court, or before an administrative panel, according to the state bar’s rules. Court proceedings are public; the administrative panel meets behind closed doors."
(Source)

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Well now ... that certainly seems like it could be problematic.
For those who did not click the link, here's the issue:

"Trump lawyer knew plan to delay Biden certification was unlawful, emails show.

"John Eastman conceded that scheme represented violation of Electoral Count Act but urged Mike Pence to go ahead anyway."
(Source)

RLENT is right. It not only could be problematic, it very likely is problematic for Eastman and perhaps for others in Trump's inner circle. This is clear evidence, written by the planner himself, that he KNEW his plan was unlawful, and he and others acted to carry it out anyway. His intent is laid bare.

And this is just what is known so far. When the rest of Eastman's emails are availed to the committee by the court, what else will be learned? What other smoking guns will be discovered? What will become further known about the intent of others who acted to carry out this unlawful plan?

Last edited: