The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Update:

"More than 700 people have been charged with crimes connected to the Capitol siege, and more than 200 of them have pleaded guilty. Besides Wilson, at least five other defendants have been sentenced for assaulting police and most received prison sentences ranging from 41 to 63 months." (Source)

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Most of them should have been charged with trespassing and only given a fine.

One can be fairly certain that if they copped a plea and pled out, they pled out to less than what they could have been charged and convicted of had they gone to trial.

The one I have my eyes on at the moment is Guy Reffit's trial.

No idea what the maximum sentencing guidelines are for what he's charged with, but I expect it's substantial.

Hopefully he'll get every bit of it if he is found guilty.

The guy threatened to kill his own children.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One can be fairly certain that if they copped a plea and pled out, they pled out to less than what they could have been charged and convicted of had they gone to trial.

The one I have my eyes on at the moment is Guy Reffit's trial.

No idea what the maximum sentencing guidelines are for what he's charged with, but I expect it's substantial.

Hopefully he'll get every bit of it if he is found guilty.

The guy threatened to kill his own children.
Actually I got that wrong. A large amount shouldn’t even be charged with trespassing considering many were waved and let in by Police officers.(it’s on tape.) Many that didn’t go in and stayed outside were in a supposed restricted area where signs and barriers were removed by the informed ones.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Actually I got that wrong.

Oh ?

Probably should review the talking points before composing and hitting the "Post reply" button.

A large amount shouldn’t even be charged with trespassing considering many were waved and let in by Police officers. (it’s on tape.)

:tearsofjoy:

Many that didn’t go in and stayed outside were in a supposed restricted area where signs and barriers were removed by the informed ones.

:tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A large amount shouldn’t even be charged with trespassing ...
You have made that point several times in this forum, but people are not persuaded. I'm not, the cops are not, the prosecutors are not, the attorneys who represent the defendants are not, and the courts are not. It seems the truth is these people should be arrested and charged with the real crimes they really committed. And so they are.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You have made that point several times in this forum, but people are not persuaded. I'm not, the cops are not, the prosecutors are not, the attorneys who represent the defendants are not, and the courts are not. It seems the truth is these people should be arrested and charged with the real crimes they really committed. And so they are.
I don’t care if you’re not persuaded. It does not concern me in the least to persuade someone that has a deep seated bias toward Trump supporters in general and a great dislike for Trump personally.

As for the rest mentioned, it’s DC. A 95-5 Democrat voting bubble they all live in. Peer pressure and conformational bias are heavily at play there.

Reactions: Pilgrim

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A top insurrectionist flips.

"Joshua James, who is linked to the far-right Oath Keepers militia group, admitted to joining a conspiracy with leader Stewart Rhodes and others to forcibly attempt to stop the transfer of power from former President Donald Trump to President Joe Biden."

Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The federal judge issued his ruling late Friday and the Ukraine/Russia war news bumped the story out of the spotlight.

Attorney and Trump operative John "Eastman said granting the committee access to his emails would amount to a historic legal finding that Trump — when he was the sitting president — likely committed a crime." (Source)

The court found that attorney Eastman was not an attorney for Trump in the circumstances in question; but when someone who is an attorney and is a close Trump operative tells a court that Trump likely committed a crime while in office, it's not something that strengthens Trump's hand in the legal game Trump is forced to play.

If Eastman is willing to do that, how close is he to fully flipping on Trump to save his own skin?

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Truth Social Update

Excerpts from this source:

"Last week, Truth Social said it 'resolved the performance bottlenecks with new user registration and validation, and [is] working through the new user waitlist at an accelerated rate.'

"Several users have shared screenshots over social media suggesting the waitlist could be more than 1 million people.

"On Saturday night, after The Daily Beast’s story and reports by Politico, The New York Post and others about the lack of posts on the site — including by Trump himself — Truth Social emailed a “waitlist update” to “truthsayers” yet to be able to log on.

“'We are steadily welcoming new users from our temporary waitlist onto Truth Social for iOS',” Trump Media & Technology Group said. 'This phased rollout allows us to identify and remedy errors in real time as we onboard new users.'

“'Consequently, we need to ensure the platform remains stable and provides users with the best experience possible,' the group added."

---------------------------
On Feb 23, I gave Truth Social the benefit of the doubt, saying,
It's tech. Glitches can be fixed. The financial entity behind Truth Social is massively funded. To the extent that money is required to fix the glitches, they have plenty of it.

The political, management, and marketing aspects of Truth Social are something different. In that regard, Truth Social seems to be little more than an ongoing fumble-fest. But even fumbles of that kind can be rectified if the operation is placed in competent hands. Time will tell if that happens. It may indeed happen, so I'm not writing it off.
While it remains possible for Truth Social to overcome its stumbles and become "big," my skepticism is growing. Truth Social CEO Devin Nunes has not modified or retracted his February statement that, "Our goal is, I think we’re going to hit it, I think by the by the end of March we’re going to be fully operational at least within the United States.” (Source)

We will see.

The reports that Trump himself is not posting on Truth Social are interesting. While it is reported that Trump is on the site, I know of only one post by him so far.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
This is an older article and it's not about Truth Social. But it highlights a MAGA-movement social media reality that Truth Social must overcome if it is to succeed.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A significant development for this guy and all others similarly charged. The jury found him guilty of:
  • Transporting a Firearm in Furtherance of a Civil Disorder
  • Obstruction of an Official Proceeding
  • Entering or Remaining in a Restricted Area or Grounds with a Firearm
  • Obstructing Officers During a Civil Disorder
  • Obstruction of Justice—Hindering Communication Through Force or Threat of Physical Force
He faces a maximum of 60 years in prison. Sentencing set for June 8.

Last edited:

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
A significant development for this guy and all others similarly charged. The jury found him guilty of:
  • Transporting a Firearm in Furtherance of a Civil Disorder
  • Obstruction of an Official Proceeding
  • Entering or Remaining in a Restricted Area or Grounds with a Firearm
  • Obstructing Officers During a Civil Disorder
  • Obstruction of Justice—Hindering Communication Through Force or Threat of Physical Force
He faces a maximum of 60 years in prison. Sentencing set for June 8.

Yet 99.8% of the people that went to the capital on jan 6th went there with peaceful intentions.