The dog days of summer: AUGUST!

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just FYI A light diesel smell on a T1N1 is often the vent on the tank being blown off by the BIG truck filling nozzles!

Therion

Active Expediter
Throwing a brand under the bus by blasting that all of them are lemons is awfully closed minded of you.

Every GM product I have ever owned was a complete piece of crap, so I'm speaking from experience and would never own one again.

If ford did in fact "fixed" the ill handling of the econoline platform that shatty job of because the front end on my 2013 never feels as though is ever touching the road or that my steering input has much to due with what happens.

I don't know about your particular van but I'm on the biggest Ford truck forum and it's well known fact there that the latest E van had a revised front suspension and better handling than the older ones.

The fact that the frame dates back to the 70's doesn't help your cause to me. That just makes me dislike it more that ford can somehow think that the econoline platform is worth over 30k. That's a sad excuse of joke and frankly IMO why I personal hate the big 3 over useless crap like that, but people say well if it ain't broke don't fix it instead of actually advancing technology

The Chevrolet Express costs about the same as the E Series. What did you really expect Ford to sell it for $10k new and forgo all profit? Did you see what a new top of the line Sprinter or Transit costs?

Edit:

How exactly is the V10 engine choice that was barely chosen by anyone show that the E-Series is some great thing?

Because you said the Fords are underpowered compared to the Chevy van. Here are the power specs for the Ford VS Chevy engines:

Ford 4.6 225HP with 286 ft/lbs torque

Ford 5.4 255HP with 350 ft/lbs

Ford 6.8 V10 305HP with 420/ft/lbs

VS

Chevy 4.3 V6 195HP with 260ft/lbs

Chevy 5.3 V8 310HP with 334ft/lbs

In a truck/van application torque is more useful than HP. Plus the Ford V8s run on E85 does Chevy? If you don't like your van so much why didn't you buy a Chevy (yuck) instead?

Last edited:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
GM has the worse build quality and reliability. There was a guy who got a million miles out of an E Series van, trying getting that out of a GM lemon. The latest E Series fixed the poor handling of the earlier models. It will be interesting how the new little V6 gas and inline 5 diesels will push a fully loaded Transit around. Don't forget the E had a V-10 option.

The frame actually dates back to the 70's. If it worked well for so many years why change it?

Google million mile Chevy. They are a out there, my last GMC 2500 gave up its life at 780,000

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why on earth would anyone run E85? And why compare V6 Chevy's to Ford V8 and V10's? Throw the GM 4.8 and 6.0 in the mix and start over.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Every GM product I have ever owned was a complete piece of crap, so I'm speaking from experience and would never own one again.

I don't know about your particular van but I'm on the biggest Ford truck forum and it's well known fact there that the latest E van had a revised front suspension and better handling than the older ones.

The Chevrolet Express costs about the same as the E Series. What did you really expect Ford to sell it for $10k new and forgo all profit? Did you see what a new top of the line Sprinter or Transit costs?

Edit:

Because you said the Fords are underpowered compared to the Chevy van. Here are the power specs for the Ford VS Chevy engines:

Ford 4.6 225HP with 286 ft/lbs torque

Ford 5.4 255HP with 350 ft/lbs

Ford 6.8 V10 305HP with 420/ft/lbs

VS

Chevy 4.3 V6 195HP with 260ft/lbs

Chevy 5.3 V8 310HP with 334ft/lbs

In a truck/van application torque is more useful than HP. Plus the Ford V8s run on E85 does Chevy? If you don't like your van so much why didn't you buy a Chevy (yuck) instead?

I hate to burst you bubble but those aren't the GM van engines. They use the 4.8 and the 6.0.

Also like I said if they "fixed" the handling they did a bad job because my 2013 E250 with only 74k miles drives and rides like a brick. I do realize it's a van but I've driven the sprinter, the express and the promaster and without a doubt it's the worse ride and drive of the bunch.

Profit is one thing but selling a van that hasn't had any major changes in like 5 years or more instead of 35k how about 25k because it sure isn't going into R&D.

Compare a E250 or express 2500 to a sprinter is like comparing Danny Devito to a lingerie model. Ones short and fat other is long and tall

*mic dropped*

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why on earth would anyone run E85? And why compare V6 Chevy's to Ford V8 and V10's? Throw the GM 4.8 and 6.0 in the mix and start over.

Shhh....he is a city carrier on an expediter site ..looking for advice but jumping in the old What I drive is better than yours debate.. Lol
Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020W using EO Forums mobile app

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Shhh....he is a city carrier on an expediter site ..looking for advice but jumping in the old What I drive is better than yours debate.. Lol
Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020W using EO Forums mobile app

I'm on the what I drive I could afford side lol. And at the time I couldn't find a GM van I like so I got the ford

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My van. Any ideas on how to cool it down. Lol

Well as stated before get some insulation on those walls! Also if you block off most of the rear of the van into a small living area the engine a/c on recirculate will keep you from sweating to death .... Otherwise buy a genny and a portable a/c unit

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My van. Any ideas on how to cool it down. Lol

tel_aviv_fan-640x399.jpeg