The dog days of summer: AUGUST!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
My van. Any ideas on how to cool it down. Lol

Rigid insulation then Masonite panels over that. Spray foam in the door cavities but don't spray moving parts for latches.
Get a couple of extendable poles to hang furniture pads over and only cool inside that area.

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter
Rigid insulation then Masonite panels over that. Spray foam in the door cavities but don't spray moving parts for latches.
Get a couple of extendable poles to hang furniture pads over and only cool inside that area.

That be awesome if I owned the van. But I don't. How can I cool it for now being stuck in Houston

lesbian corner

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That be awesome if I owned the van. But I don't. How can I cool it for now being stuck in Houston

lesbian corner

In an uninsulated van, there's only so much you can do, [park in shade, place reflective screens outside on windshield/windows] and it's not enough to bring the temp down to liveable, so my advice would be a motel. Or spend the day elsewhere: movies, mall, anyplace with swimming, etc.
Then go to a motel, because it's still too hot to sleep!

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
I got a piece of 1x2 and attached some Styrofoam insulation and insulated above where I sleep it helps some but thats the most im going to invest in a van I font own I payed under $50

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Made my delivery early, now sitting at a little truck stop in swan river mn, going to have to take my 34 hour restart here, at least they have free WiFi!!!

Sent from my LG-D500 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Pre-dispatched for monday. Livonia to toledo, adrian, jackson, ann arbor, back to livonia.

All in my new truck ( well newer and larger anyway )

E7170D1D-EC3C-4273-BF59-0486AD5F71C6_2.jpg

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

lesbian corner

At the very minimum you'd need to insulate 6' of it (that's what I did) and use the furniture pad curtains and run a generator and portable a/c.
I got out of my van before it got hot this year. But the insulation came in REAL handy this past winter.

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Rides rough, doors and panel gaps are lousy, slow steering rack, bad fuel economy, short wheel base, very little power when compared to the GM equivalent, windshield is at a horrible angle and gets completely disgusting.

I will say it is tough as nails tho and the parts are inexpensive and plentiful but it's a design that's over 20 years old that's not really change much beside cosmetics and 1 set of engine changes in the 90's

So the question is.......When you and your Dad went half for the van, why didn't you get a Chevy or GMC? Why did you buy the Ford? Better question why did you give up the Sprinter you were driving when you began expediting?

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
So the question is.......When you and your Dad went half for the van, why didn't you get a Chevy or GMC? Why did you buy the Ford? Better question why did you give up the Sprinter you were driving when you began expediting?

Money and lack of selection in my area, I could find vans that were inexpensive but looked beat to death or new vans that were $35k or there a about. My van with 28k miles and a 2013 extended I got for right around $19 grand on the road

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have deleted the contents of this post, as it could be construed to advocate nudity between members of the opposite sex, in violation of Arkansas law. Such nudity is illegal, except in cases where the perpetrators of such act are legally married, in a doctor/patient relationship, or a mother is breastfeeding. The first three convictions are misdemeanors, the fourth and following are felonies.

Advocacy of such nudity is just as illegal as the nudity itself.

This poster regrets any offense or inconvenience this post may have caused.

Although I wonder: aren't posts on EO subject to Kentucky law, since EO is based there? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter
How weird is this: driver goes to fuel desk to charge a shower. Leaves a minute later, COMPLAINING about having to shower with his girlfriend. Has he any idea how lucky he is? I haven't even SEEN my wife in a month! :(

Sent from my XT1028 using EO Forums mobile app

What an ***........

lesbian corner

Therion

Active Expediter
How weird is this: driver goes to fuel desk to charge a shower. Leaves a minute later, COMPLAINING about having to shower with his girlfriend. Has he any idea how lucky he is? I haven't even SEEN my wife in a month! :(

Sent from my XT1028 using EO Forums mobile app

Maybe he wanted to drop a duece and didn't want his girlfriend to see?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Home for the night. Tomorrow - Livonia to Dundee, Coldwater, Jackson, back to Livonia. ;)

Waved at LOS on my way to Toledo today. Don't know if he saw me.