The dog days of summer: AUGUST!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No reason for me to go up there.

Ya you do --- eat.

I have my "River" and my "Lake" right here. My friends are here, my boat is here.

And that's cool

I have nothing to do up there.

Hello, Earth to Layout . . . It's about the chicken dinners
zehnders-chicken.jpg

I have a full life, right here.

You are a blessed man.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My wife cooks better chicken than they do in Frankenmuth. Besides, 5 days a week I can ONLY eat styrofoam and drink freeze dried water. On the weekends I prefer home cooked meals. MUCH better tasting and MUCH better for you!

Tomorrow it's catfish nuggets, catfish that we caught ourselves, coleslaw and cornbread muffins. For desert is apple/cinnimon coffee cake.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
What was so "old and crappy" about the E series? They were built well and had body on frame construction. Their ruggedness couldn't be beat. The latest E350 had a payload capacity of what 4,000 pounds? It will be interesting to see the new Transit handle that or daily contractor abuse.

Rides rough, doors and panel gaps are lousy, slow steering rack, bad fuel economy, short wheel base, very little power when compared to the GM equivalent, windshield is at a horrible angle and gets completely disgusting.

I will say it is tough as nails tho and the parts are inexpensive and plentiful but it's a design that's over 20 years old that's not really change much beside cosmetics and 1 set of engine changes in the 90's

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well Aug. has started off real well for me Dallas to Greensboro 1.12 (forgot to ask how much it paid), Greensboro to Palm city Fl 1.40.. Then drove up to Jacksonville to see people at Landstar HQ. Got a load from JVille to Indiantown Fl 2.03. Will be picking up on Monday in Parrish Fl back to Dallas 1.46... This is after 0 loads in June because of breakdown and vacation and only 2 loads in all of July....

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter
Ok question for yall. My company is thinking of putting me in a straight truck. What type of license do you need for that? I don't have my CDL will I need to get one?

lesbian corner

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok question for yall. My company is thinking of putting me in a straight truck. What type of license do you need for that? I don't have my CDL will I need to get one?

lesbian corner
Ummmm. . . I'm confused . . . are you a company driver?

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

lesbian corner

Yes you'll need a CDL and don't forgot a whole mess of other regulations it's not something that changes overnight !

Therion

Active Expediter
Rides rough, doors and panel gaps are lousy, slow steering rack, bad fuel economy, short wheel base, very little power when compared to the GM equivalent, windshield is at a horrible angle and gets completely disgusting.

GM has the worse build quality and reliability. There was a guy who got a million miles out of an E Series van, trying getting that out of a GM lemon. The latest E Series fixed the poor handling of the earlier models. It will be interesting how the new little V6 gas and inline 5 diesels will push a fully loaded Transit around. Don't forget the E had a V-10 option.

I will say it is tough as nails tho and the parts are inexpensive and plentiful but it's a design that's over 20 years old that's not really change much beside cosmetics and 1 set of engine changes in the 90's

The frame actually dates back to the 70's. If it worked well for so many years why change it?

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
GM has the worse build quality and reliability. There was a guy who got a million miles out of an E Series van, trying getting that out of a GM lemon. The latest E Series fixed the poor handling of the earlier models. It will be interesting how the new little V6 gas and inline 5 diesels will push a fully loaded Transit around. Don't forget the E had a V-10 option.

The frame actually dates back to the 70's. If it worked well for so many years why change it?

Throwing a brand under the bus by blasting that all of them are lemons is awfully closed minded of you. If ford did in fact "fixed" the ill handling of the econoline platform that shatty job of because the front end on my 2013 never feels as though is ever touching the road or that my steering input has much to due with what happens.

The fact that the frame dates back to the 70's doesn't help your cause to me. That just makes me dislike it more that ford can somehow think that the econoline platform is worth over 30k. That's a sad excuse of joke and frankly IMO why I personal hate the big 3 over useless crap like that, but people say well if it ain't broke don't fix it instead of actually advancing technology

Edit:

How exactly is the V10 engine choice that was barely chosen by anyone show that the E-Series is some great thing?

Last edited:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

lesbian corner

If the truck is under 26k you don't need a cdl but you will need a dot physical and will have to log, more regulations yes but not as big of a deal as some make it out to be.
Sent from my LG-D500 using EO Forums mobile app

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter
Another question how can I cool my sprinter down on the inside?

I'd post picture but app won't let me

lesbian corner

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another question how can I cool my sprinter down on the inside?

I'd post picture but app won't let me

lesbian corner

Your in t1n1 right? Good luck shy of a Generator and portable A/C unit the crap tastic engine A/c probably can't save you! But the #1 thing INSULATE INSULATE INSULATE!

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter
Ha ha this sprinter is hollow. And I hate just hanging in the front. Plus I'm starting to smell the diesel. I don't think that's good.

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ha ha this sprinter is hollow. And I hate just hanging in the front. Plus I'm starting to smell the diesel. I don't think that's good.

Smelling diesel is not good you need to have it checked out ASAP shy of a little sooty standing outside of the tailpipe you should smell nothing but your BO when you've been driving too many days without a shower ;)