The dog days of summer: AUGUST!

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've used the big ones in the truck lanes before back when I had that luxurious sprinter before buying this dumb ford

Small diesels usually don't like the high-speed nozzles because of the size of the filler necks. Semi truck tanks just have caps; the fuel doesn't foam up as much, so the nozzles don't kick off as quickly.

Sent from my XT1028 using EO Forums mobile app

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Well yesterday started out pretty ok...villa park, il to oconomowoc, wi, pre-planned oak creek, WI to winterset, ia. Got to shipper in Oak Creek, and tote was 54" high...have 52" door height. Dry Run. Sitting at Pilot near Oak Creek, WI hoping for a good one today

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

Therion

Active Expediter
Well yesterday started out pretty ok...villa park, il to oconomowoc, wi, pre-planned oak creek, WI to winterset, ia. Got to shipper in Oak Creek, and tote was 54" high...have 52" door height. Dry Run. Sitting at Pilot near Oak Creek, WI hoping for a good one today

What does something like that pay?

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter

My office is right there in Oak Creek. Just left yesterday.

lesbian corner

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At the I93 welcome center in NH, delivered to Lawrence MA this morning, lets see if they can get me something today, I really don't want to spend the weekend here....

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What does something like that pay?

Typically, about $20-25, unless the deadhead to pickup was a long way. Then you get more. Doesn't pay at the same rate as a run, but you should be able to cover your fuel, etc.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Typically, about $20-25, unless the deadhead to pickup was a long way. Then you get more. Doesn't pay at the same rate as a run, but you should be able to cover your fuel, etc.

This dry run paid about $100...it's shipper error not cancelled run. I dead headed 46 miles

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I passed on a Chicago to Holt, MI run hoping for better out of here especially since I'm first out and 67 miles from chicago near Racine, WI...not looking for another weekend in Lansing, MI

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This dry run paid about $100...it's shipper error not cancelled run. I dead headed 46 miles

Depends on the circumstances; I've had two TONU's in the last three weeks. One was a cancelation; I got $20 for having driven 15 miles. The other was shipper error (4410' on a van? Hell no); I got $50 for a trip of 28 miles.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dang you, OVM, ya made me laugh! :cool:

Question: will a Sprinter tolerate the high-speed pumps out back? I remember having problems with them during my years in construction; the F350's we used would only tolerate the slower, car-side diesel pumps used by Vdubs & such...

I fill up at the truck pumps all the time with no problem. I pull up handle just far enough so the fuel doesn't kick off the nozzle.