The dog days of summer: AUGUST!

Therion

Active Expediter
Typically, about $20-25, unless the deadhead to pickup was a long way. Then you get more. Doesn't pay at the same rate as a run, but you should be able to cover your fuel, etc.

Sent from my XT1028 using EO Forums mobile app

410 miles for $25? Unless you mean $2.00-$2.50 a mile?

Therion

Active Expediter
Old crappy technology that should have updated or replaced 5-10 years ago

What was so "old and crappy" about the E series? They were built well and had body on frame construction. Their ruggedness couldn't be beat. The latest E350 had a payload capacity of what 4,000 pounds? It will be interesting to see the new Transit handle that or daily contractor abuse.

Last edited:

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Did a run from Kenosha, WI to St Joseph, MO...now dead heading to St Louis...just stopped again for a nap in Kingdom City, MO

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At the I93 welcome center in NH, delivered to Lawrence MA this morning, lets see if they can get me something today, I really don't want to spend the weekend here....

Right after I posted this got a williston vt to grand rapids mn delivers Monday morning nice end to the week!!!

Sent from my LG-D500 using EO Forums mobile app

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Had a descent week started in cali on sunday now sitting on pa/nj stateline till I find a better place for the weekend. Whos familiar with this area

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At home planning an exciting dinner for me and the mrs.

Frankenmuth! YUMMO!!!
eating.gif

Frankenmuth, Michigan

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a descent week started in cali on sunday now sitting on pa/nj stateline till I find a better place for the weekend. Whos familiar with this area

That's a pretty long border. Where are you exactly?

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
There's a TA just over the line off of exit 4 on I-80.

Ya thats where am at for I was looking to move to better area was thinking of in middle of philly and trenton area

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ya thats where am at for I was looking to move to better area was thinking of in middle of philly and trenton area

Ahhh, ok.
There's a Petro in Bordentown that's pretty good. That's where I head to when I'm in the area.
There's also a TA in Paulsboro, but that place is a dump compared to the Petro.
Either location puts you in a good location.

Last edited:

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like I just might be sitting here all weekend. Grrr

lesbian corner

If the Star Trek "beaming" deal really worked, I'd trade places with you. Jersey to me is 90 minutes from home. 'Course, you'd be in Arkansas :p

Sent from my XT1028 using EO Forums mobile app

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Ahhh, ok.
There's a Petro in Bordentown that's pretty good. That's where I head to when I'm in the area.
There's also a TA in Paulsboro, but that place is a dump compared to the Petro.
Either location puts you in a good location.

Thanks