The dog days of summer: AUGUST!

guido4475

Not a Member
Every GM product I have ever owned was a complete piece of crap, so I'm speaking from experience and would never own one again.

I don't know about your particular van but I'm on the biggest Ford truck forum and it's well known fact there that the latest E van had a revised front suspension and better handling than the older ones.

The Chevrolet Express costs about the same as the E Series. What did you really expect Ford to sell it for $10k new and forgo all profit? Did you see what a new top of the line Sprinter or Transit costs?

Edit:

Because you said the Fords are underpowered compared to the Chevy van. Here are the power specs for the Ford VS Chevy engines:

Ford 4.6 225HP with 286 ft/lbs torque

Ford 5.4 255HP with 350 ft/lbs

Ford 6.8 V10 305HP with 420/ft/lbs

VS

Chevy 4.3 V6 195HP with 260ft/lbs

Chevy 5.3 V8 310HP with 334ft/lbs

In a truck/van application torque is more useful than HP. Plus the Ford V8s run on E85 does Chevy? If you don't like your van so much why didn't you buy a Chevy (yuck) instead?

In response to you're last paragraph here, that's easy. It is so obvious that he is one of those who does not know diddly squat about vehicles, or a huge lack of mechanical knowledge, period, and is making false, or hollow accusations about something he only knows how to turn a key and drive. Oh yea- you forgot the G.M. boat anchor of an engine 6.0 as well in their lineup of crap engines.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Somebody near Toledo go see if we are still in business please.

Sent from: The wrong side of the tracks.

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter
Somebody near Toledo go see if we are still in business please.

Sent from: The wrong side of the tracks.

I was thinking same thing for my company. I haven't heard a peep from them today. And I've been sitting in Houston since Friday evening. And the guy next to me has been here since Saturday. We both in Sprinter's. Would of thought we be gone by now.

lesbian corner

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Same here; Benton, Ark since Thursday. Before that, 3 days at the J near Memphis. Benton is 20 miles from Little Rock, and my company says I'm the only van or sprinter in Arkansas.

What gives?

Sent from my XT1028 using EO Forums mobile app

drifter

Expert Expediter
I count 26 vans and sprinter within 50 miles of benton

Sent from my SPH-L720T using EO Forums mobile app

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I count 26 vans and sprinter within 50 miles of benton

All, presumably, at the Petro in North Little Rock? I stay in Benton because it's quiet; the Petro and the Pilot across the street in NLR always seem to attract the kind of people who end up dealing with the boys in blue. Out here, when you hear a siren it's usually an ambulance.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Also how many physical vehicles are here? Joe Blow, who runs with On Dekk, Jung and Prestige all at the same time, counts as three vehicles on the boards. I run with only Express Logistics (aka Express Family), so I am but one lowly van...

drifter

Expert Expediter
I counted 26 about a hr ago..everybody bidding on the same freight unless you guys have some direct accounts..I count the sprinters and cvs and step vans..When areas are tough they take whatever

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter
At the J here in Houston there are 2 sprinter and 3 cargo. And me and a cargo been here since Friday.

lesbian corner

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I counted 26 about a hr ago..everybody bidding on the same freight unless you guys have some direct accounts..I count the sprinters and cvs and step vans..When areas are tough they take whatever

We tend to get our share of railroad work; that's what brought me out here from Memphis. Union Pacific has a big yard here. Other than that, yup, board work like everyone else...

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Poarinh down cats and cows all the way from philly to dc still raining imagine will be this way all the way to nc wish these people would go home or something just saying

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app