September Banter & Location

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And on a side note, my great uncle that built the house we're living in in 1934 also built the house in Hettinger that his daughter still lives in in 1907. He also built numerous other buildings, including 3 country schoolhouses (one of which my dad attended) and the church that my sister goes to now. Evidently Dad helped out with that one, but he was just a little tyke back then.

Last edited:

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
At the "Mayflower museum, there is a roster of the 102 onboard and where they came from. The way I understand it, they were a religious sect that moved to Holland to avoid persecution. After some time passed, hardship and the diminishing of the sect, they sought a way to expand to the new world. Some of the 102 were the investors and not of the sect that were coming to set up business. The original charter from the king was to set up in Virginia, because of weather and winds they landed in Plimouth (original spelling). I don't remember the time frame, but it took several years for the king to change the charter.

That follows. George Soule was a servant teaching his employers children, so he probably wasn't a member of the sect.

Wow, 3 at Load 1. That's pretty neat.

We're pioneers we are.:D

BigWheeler

Seasoned Expediter
Well we managed to move out of S.L.C area and still empty. Tomorrow will be 7 days no load!!! Can you say ouch! We had another empty move to Kansas City we have racked up 1780 miles and Have not made any real revenue. Please Load 1 Gods look down on me and have pity. It is sunny and comfortable today, and no break downs this week, so there are some bright sides to our situation. Trying to stay positive! lol. Any ideas on what we can do to get moving and get a load??? ANY???:confused:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well we managed to move out of S.L.C area and still empty. Tomorrow will be 7 days no load!!! Can you say ouch! We had another empty move to Kansas City we have racked up 1780 miles and Have not made any real revenue. Please Load 1 Gods look down on me and have pity. It is sunny and comfortable today, and no break downs this week, so there are some bright sides to our situation. Trying to stay positive! lol. Any ideas on what we can do to get moving and get a load??? ANY???:confused:

Hang in there..actively looking......LOL;)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Well you have to remember with the holiday and the fact that you guys had to be in KC this weekend it didn't make it very easy. But I am sure we will get you guys rolling again now that all of that is done.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
After a good weekend in Manchester Tn and some great food...I felt the need to drive....The "J" in Fairview Tn, west of Nashville on I-40...

Have already had 2 nights of good sleep and tonight should be the same..Sooo, I am and will be all rested and ready to roll when dispatch calls tommorow to start the week!!! :)