September Banter & Location

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Off to Woods Hole, MA today. Ferry ride to Marthas vineyard. Gonna check out the winery! hic! ;) Probably have to carry the boss to the hotel afterwards! *l*

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
tina's family was on the mayflower also. the lee's and no it is not a coincident. so that makes three.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
good morning..welcome home honey!

Steve, Wilkipedia sure has some interesting reading.I do believe that my lineage is Samuel, son of Edward, whom after Edward and his wife died went to live with his uncle, Dr. Samuel Fuller.

Now I'm gonna go look up yours and Tina's ancestors...:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
tina's family was on the mayflower also. the lee's and no it is not a coincident. so that makes three.

If you check Steve's link..the family name Lee doesn't pop up...is it possible that's just one of the links back to the Mayflower?

BUT there is a Bridget Lee who was Samuel Fuller's third wife...would that be the one?

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you check Steve's link..the family name Lee doesn't pop up...is it possible that's just one of the links back to the Mayflower?

BUT there is a Bridget Lee who was Samuel Fuller's third wife...would that be the one?

What??? Tina might be related?....LOL

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I had a family funeral to go to yesterday..my father's cousin. His sister has a daughter that is an artist and she gave us all notecards of her work. You can see her art here..

Janet Nunn Watercolors

and she'd be my second cousin!

Last edited:

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
good morning..welcome home honey!

Steve, Wilkipedia sure has some interesting reading.I do believe that my lineage is Samuel, son of Edward, whom after Edward and his wife died went to live with his uncle, Dr. Samuel Fuller.

Now I'm gonna go look up yours and Tina's ancestors...:)

Yeah, it was real neat to read all the info my cousin came up with when she finished tracing the family tree. Of course, all that I have is on mom's side. Dad's is a mystery.

The one thing I found really interesting was that all my ancestors were uncommonly tall for the period. My grandfather had 7 brothers and two sisters. He stood 6'4" and he was the runt of the boys. His sisters were each 6'2". My great grandfather was 6' 8". My grandmother was 6' 3". Where gramps found her, I'll never know. Mom was 6' 2" and dad was only 5' 9". I always kidded him he cost me an NBA career. I was 6' 2" at my tallest, now 6', and my sister is 6'.

Soule's branch moved west after the revolution and eventually had a branch that settled in southern Ohio in what became Portsmouth. My cousin has a plaque certifying that our branch, Dunham/Dettwiler, is one of the founding families of Ohio. My grandfather came north to Columbus during the depression to find work. He was a butcher by trade, but ended up being a guard lieutenant at the Ohio State Pen. The man was huge. I was only 4 when he died, and I clearly remember I thought he was a giant. I have his pocket watch in a glass case at home. It stopped at 1:05, and he was the last one to wind it. Grandma gave it to me when I came back from overseas.

Dad was born in Boden, OH near Cambridge. He had 4 brothers and 2 sisters. I never knew his parents or the Wolfe's that live somewhere in Missouri. He met mom on a blind date while he was visiting his brother in Gahanna. They were married a year later in 1946. He was 40, she was 23. I was born 4 years later in 1950, my sister in 1956. The Wolfe name dies with me since I have no brothers or sons.

I only know half of the story now, but maybe I'll find out the rest someday.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh oh..I think Judys had some family stay in Ohio and the rest moved unto to Albert Lea Mn....and the unto South Dakota

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
that was the one family name we will have to see if we can get the other name associated with it also there is a museum in clarenda, ia. with an exhibit dedicated to the lee family and traces the family back to the mayflower. tinas sister in law has the lineage to this . i will have to get the name from her. just might be related.
there is also proof that they are related to the general.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
At the "Mayflower museum, there is a roster of the 102 onboard and where they came from. The way I understand it, they were a religious sect that moved to Holland to avoid persecution. After some time passed, hardship and the diminishing of the sect, they sought a way to expand to the new world. Some of the 102 were the investors and not of the sect that were coming to set up business. The original charter from the king was to set up in Virginia, because of weather and winds they landed in Plimouth (original spelling). I don't remember the time frame, but it took several years for the king to change the charter.

Wow, 3 at Load 1. That's pretty neat.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
At the "Mayflower museum, there is a roster of the 102 onboard and where they came from. The way I understand it, they were a religious sect that moved to Holland to avoid persecution. After some time passed, hardship and the diminishing of the sect, they sought a way to expand to the new world. Some of the 102 were the investors and not of the sect that were coming to set up business. The original charter from the king was to set up in Virginia, because of weather and winds they landed in Plimouth (original spelling). I don't remember the time frame, but it took several years for the king to change the charter.

Wow, 3 at Load 1. That's pretty neat.

Just goes to show ya..we're a great bunch of people!

Steve...I gotta get back to you because I'm putting up more salsa...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Oh oh..I think Judys had some family stay in Ohio and the rest moved unto to Albert Lea Mn....and the unto South Dakota
I do believe they were in Oslo, NY first..

anyway, my great grandmother was a Fuller..I've got the lineage written down somewhere...but basically if I remember correctly, I'm like the 9th generation. My sis is actually the geneology buff...yesterday we received a diary from my grandmother on my dad's side that was written in Norwegian and there are 3 years that are translated already. and the stories that abounded yesterday...well let me tell ya...they were a pretty tough lot! There was an altercation between my grandfather and his neighbor that wound up getting grandpa shot in the leg..in the meantime when my Dad was only 6 years old, Gramps stuck a pistol in his hand and put him behind the door with instructions to blow that ******* away if he shot grandpa that day..luckily my dad didn't have to.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
that was the one family name we will have to see if we can get the other name associated with it also there is a museum in clarenda, ia. with an exhibit dedicated to the lee family and traces the family back to the mayflower. tinas sister in law has the lineage to this . i will have to get the name from her. just might be related.
there is also proof that they are related to the general.

Oh do give her a call...don't ya just love family history?:)