Russia Invades Ukraine

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
They are taking out the airfields in Ukraine. They won't be able to use them there. And taking off from a NATO country would be escalating the conflict.

LOL ...

Leaving aside the fact that one can take off and land on a straight piece of roadway, do you not think dumping massive amounts of weapons into Ukraine - that are used to KILL the Russian invaders - isn't "escalating the conflict" ?

Seriously ?

We are at war with Russia.

That is a fact - and it is the realist viewpoint of the situation.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Please, please ... just allow Uncle Pooty's wanton slaughter of civilians - innocent men, women, and children - to continue ... my fuel bill(s) are going up ... and I don't like that ... sniff ..."
Countries giving them military assistance and false hope so that they will extend this war any further( and therefore incurring additional casualties) is not a smart move.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOL ...

Leaving aside the fact that one can take off and land on a straight piece of roadway, do you not think dumping massive amounts of weapons into Ukraine - that are used to KILL the Russian invaders - isn't "escalating the conflict" ?

Seriously ?

We are at war with Russia.

That is a fact - and it is the realist viewpoint of the situation.
Yes, they already stupidly escalated it already. So are you for NATO (including U.S) countries taking off from like, Poland, since you say we( U.S) are at war?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Countries giving them military assistance and false hope so that they will extend this war any further( and therefore incurring additional casualties) is not a smart move.

Don't bother applying to sit in my foxhole ... we're full up here.

Reactions: Ragman

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Yes, they already stupidly escalated it already.

There are times one has to act against evil.

This has been one of those times.

So are you for NATO (including U.S) countries taking off from like, Poland, since you say we( U.S) are at war?

Am I for NATO countries (including U. S.) taking off from like, Poland ?

For where ?

:tearsofjoy:

Seriously though, if you are talking about supplying planes to the Ukrainians, I'm pretty sure that Ukrainian pilots can take off from Poland themselves.

No NATO or U.S. personnel required for that, beyond your normal ground services and ATC.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't bother applying to sit in my foxhole ... we're full up here.
They're accepting people to help fight over there for Ukraine. Go right ahead. No one stopping ya from getting out of your foxhole in your basement.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
They're accepting people to help fight over there for Ukraine. Go right ahead. No one stopping ya from getting out of your foxhole in your basement.

Have certainly thought about it.

Not sure that they would be all that interested though, as I think they're looking able-bodied men and I have some health issues that seriously limit my mobility.

In the meantime, I'll continue donating to directly fund the Ukrainian armed forces ... it's the very least I can do.

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And what about all that don't you understand ?

:tearsofjoy:
Never mind.
Have certainly thought about it.

Not sure that they would be all that interested though, as I think they're looking able-bodied men and I have some health issues that seriously limit my mobility.

In the meantime, I'll continue donating to directly fund the Ukrainian armed forces ... it's the very least I can do.
That is fine if someone wants to donate to a fund, but I’m not for these countries giving Zalensky false hope that his military will prevail by having a protracted drawn out war where his country is decimated and absorbs a tremendous amount of additional casualties needlessly.