Russia Invades Ukraine

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I thought some were vehemently against making comparisons like this?

No - I'm pretty sure what some were against were trivializing that ... by inappropriately invoking it in comparison with stuff that in no away approached it.

We're now at the point of rapidly approaching it.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No - I'm pretty sure what some were against were trivializing that ... by inappropriately invoking it in comparison with stuff that in no away approached it.

We're now at the point of rapidly approaching it.

Because a conflict between Russia and a border country?
Some are really trying hard to convince themselves that this is the second coming of…

• Angry
Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe some need to switch to decaf. The drumbeat and fever pitch hysteria by a lot of our “betters” is increasing the threat level irresponsibly and recklessly.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Had the square mustached one be dealt with early on, the little get-together in the 1940's may have never happened.
Sadly our “leaders” are of the same mindset that this current situation is the same. Just convince themselves that he is the square mustached one so they can rationalize anything they say,( see Lindsay Graham) and any action they take, like potential military involvement in a non NATO buffer state with a country that has nuclear weapons.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Because a conflict between Russia and a border country?

The Poles of Westerplatte say:

... talk to the hand ...

Battle of Westerplatte

Some are really trying hard to convince themselves that this is the second coming of…

Well, some (of us) are well-versed enough in history to at least know who Neville Chamberlain was ... and what his misguided self-denial ended up "buying" for Europe and the rest of World.

So there is that.

:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Ragman

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Sadly our “leaders” are of the same mindset that this current situation is the same.

It's not "the same" ... but the number of similarities are VAST ... and way too numerous to list all the examples of here.

US reveals claims of Russian 'kill list' if Moscow occupies Ukraine

Then there are reports of RU "paddy wagons" being deployed into UA (I have seen the pictures)

Where will the people that go inside those be taken ... and to what purpose ?

And finally there's this:

Russia deploys mobile crematoriums to follow its troops into battle

Just because RU wants to be "green" ... and not litter the countryside with the dead bodies of their soldiers.

I'm sure that they would never use them for any other purpose.

But hey - just keep right on carrying their water.

• Haha
Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
An excellent article that gives much needed perspective to those that are convincing themselves that this is 75 years ago again in the making.
If anything , it has some similarities to the early 60’s but with some opposite elements taking place.

98FCD153-C477-46DC-AD27-9ED93C434E95.jpegD6C4C620-4F85-4FB7-9DD4-7437851DDD3F.jpeg