Russia Invades Ukraine

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
From the tweet:“Ok, Everyone needs to take a step back and not jump to conclusions.”
How is that even possible for some?

"Don't worry ... just a little fighting in the vicinity of Europe's largest nuke facility ... nothing to be concerned about ... move along ..."

:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
With all the misinformation thrown out there this evening about this incident it caused Lindsey Graham to parrot Sean Hannity.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
This might give an indication of how it's going for RU in Ukraine though:

That gear is rolling out of Khabarovsk around 27 (?) hours ago.

Where is Khabarovsk you ask ?

It's in far eastern Russia ... located 30 kilometers from the China-Russia Border, at the confluence of the Amur and Ussuri Rivers.

It will take about a week to reach Ukraine.

But it's pretty old equipment apparently ... given the jokes about UA not bothering to waste advanced weaponry on it ("use gun instead")

That they are moving it out there does raise some interesting questions though.

Last edited:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow, what were they thinking when they decided to shell a nuclear power plant. There are 6 reactors at that station, that would be bad on a whole new level.

Reactions: RLENT and Pilgrim

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow, what were they thinking when they decided to shell a nuclear power plant. There are 6 reactors at that station, that would be bad on a whole new level.
It's Fake News. They didn't shell the nuclear power plant. The fire was at training facility outside the main complex.

• Haha

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are reports the Russians were fired upon with RPG’s as they approached near the facility.
Not surprising, if I were in charge of the Ukraine army I would be protecting would be protecting high value targets and nuclear power plants are pretty high on that list.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Multiple news sources reporting Russian forces now occupy the Ukrainian nuclear facility - the largest one in Europe. They now control the power supply to over 25% of the country.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Meanwhile Lindsay Graham doubled down this morning on his reckless talk. Can’t fix stupid.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Multiple news sources reporting Russian forces now occupy the Ukrainian nuclear facility - the largest one in Europe. They now control the power supply to over 25% of the country.
I think if the plant was operating at capacity that would be true, but I have read several places that said only one of the 6 reactors are in use and it is only at 60%.

But even if none of the reactors are operating, there is enough spent fuel that if it were bombed would be a disaster.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think if the plant was operating at capacity that would be true, but I have read several places that said only one of the 6 reactors are in use and it is only at 60%.

But even if none of the reactors are operating, there is enough spent fuel that if it were bombed would be a disaster.
They’re not interested in bombing a nuclear site. They are only interested in fighting the military to make them surrender.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
It's Fake News.

No ... it's a called "the fog of war" ...

That's a very specific phenomena in wars, where there are conflicting reports of what happened.

They didn't shell the nuclear power plant.

Right ... just like RU is not conducting a war of aggression in Ukraine.

Because Daddy Vladdy said so.

:tearsofjoy:

The fire was at training facility outside the main complex.

Distance from the reactors ?