November Banter and Location

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You didn't have a room????

Steve, No I did not have a room.I had a early morning del in Chicago and was on I 55 and needing a place to park and I was hungry when I seen the sign at the La Quinta Inn saying free breakfast..so I parked and went in and took advantage of there sign had me a nice warm breakfast and then went and del my load early...LOL

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Guido,

We use to run Michelin drive tires on the tractors, and we got the same squirmy complaints from my tractor drivers. We went to Bridgestone/Firestone years ago. They were good tires, but the drivers just didn't like the feel, so we switched.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Steve, No I did not have a room.I had a early morning del in Chicago and was on I 55 and needing a place to park and I was hungry when I seen the sign at the La Quenta Inn saying free breakfast..so I parked and went in and took advantage of there sign had me a nice warm breakfast and then went and del my load early...LOL

"Really officer the sign said free!" "Can I try out the siren?"

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Originally Posted by MR.SNAPPY

Steve, No I did not have a room.I had a early morning del in Chicago and was on I 55 and needing a place to park and I was hungry when I seen the sign at the La Quenta Inn saying free breakfast..so I parked and went in and took advantage of there sign had me a nice warm breakfast and then went and del my load early...LOL

Originally Posted by jelliott

"Really officer the sign said free!" "Can I try out the siren?"

LOL, I was thinkin the same thing John...:D

LOL, Snappy, how often do you do this!?!? :eek: I might have to "look" into that...:confused:

guido4475

Not a Member
Guido,

We use to run Michelin drive tires on the tractors, and we got the same squirmy complaints from my tractor drivers. We went to Bridgestone/Firestone years ago. They were good tires, but the drivers just didn't like the feel, so we switched.

Yes, I am having the same problems, and will most likely go back to Firestones.I tried the Michelins, because everyone was having so much good luck with them, traction, wear,durablity, and fuel mileage savings.But I refuse to drive with something that I have to fight with going down the road, also.I have had several different shops go over the van with a fine tooth comb, and most of them are pointing to the tires.One said bent rims may be a possiblity, so I replaced the rear rims and one front.It helped, but the squirmyness is still there, and it is worse with the more weight that the van has on it.So it has to be the tires.I even had the rear end opened up and everything checked inside, thinking the axles were moving side to side.But it is all good, as well.

What is really comforting to know about this whole breakdown is that, Load One has got my back the whole time, and for that, I will always have yours.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Wow Steve sorry to hear of your misfortune.... glad to see they got you back up and running in short order.

Guido......I heard of your misfortune about 3am this morning... I was in that area a few hours earlier and I wished I would have known I may have been able help in some way... Hope you get fixed up soon and rolling.

Chef it was nice meeting you in person finally. Thanks for the offer on the food. Did you get out?

My run back up to Detroit kept me on my toes last night... On NB 65 almost hit a woman wearing all black walking in the right lane of the interstate in the dark.......:eek: Was almost in a head on collision with a car going the wrong way on NB I-65 shortly after almost hitting the woman.... Then just before Louisville im just cruzing along day dreaming and one of those jap cars with the loud mufflers passes me on the right shoulder with no lights on doing well over 100mph.....:eek: Almost needed to clean my pants out after that one..... Get settled back in get out of Louisville on 71 come over a hill and tractor trailer catches fire right in front of me...... So I sat in the hammer lane for just about 2 hours waiting to get through........:eek:........ But we made it safe and sound:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dang Shadow, you live a exciting life!!! :eek: Nope I am still sittin at the Petro..thinkin i'll move up to the "J" up the road and get a shower...if nothing comes my way by tomorrow afternoon, chances are I'll do the 200 mile dh to dinner in Manchester Tn...Got a friend up there that has a great BBQ joint and then there is also a good Karaoke place there too...

I'd rather get a good load, but one has to keep ones self "entertained and fed" while kill'in time between loads and McCalla Al just isn't where I want to spend a weekend...

But right now, I am still thinkin dispatch will get me movin..if not...it will be BBQ beef brisket for dinner fri night!!:D

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Originally Posted by MR.SNAPPY

Originally Posted by jelliott

LOL, I was thinkin the same thing John...:D

LOL, Snappy, how often do you do this!?!? :eek: I might have to "look" into that...:confused:

I was thinking he has a set of brass ones. :)

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Wow Steve sorry to hear of your misfortune.... glad to see they got you back up and running in short order.

Guido......I heard of your misfortune about 3am this morning... I was in that area a few hours earlier and I wished I would have known I may have been able help in some way... Hope you get fixed up soon and rolling.

Chef it was nice meeting you in person finally. Thanks for the offer on the food. Did you get out?

My run back up to Detroit kept me on my toes last night... On NB 65 almost hit a woman wearing all black walking in the right lane of the interstate in the dark.......:eek: Was almost in a head on collision with a car going the wrong way on NB I-65 shortly after almost hitting the woman.... Then just before Louisville im just cruzing along day dreaming and one of those jap cars with the loud mufflers passes me on the right shoulder with no lights on doing well over 100mph.....:eek: Almost needed to clean my pants out after that one..... Get settled back in get out of Louisville on 71 come over a hill and tractor trailer catches fire right in front of me...... So I sat in the hammer lane for just about 2 hours waiting to get through........:eek:........ But we made it safe and sound:D

Man! Blowing the turbo was mild by comparison!

I did think I was on fire though. You could have hid a battleship in the smoke cloud I was putting out. Filled the cab and was boiling out from underneath the hood. Extinguisher was in my hand when I bailed. Only lost 1/2 gallon of oil for all that smoke.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Had an awesome week going, alot of smaller loads, paying great, then got one to Laredo.Picked up, and was making good time, made it through a massive backup on the southbound side on 75 in the KY.Came out of that, getting back into speed, and, it sounded like I was running over those side of the road rumble strips..Got it to the next exit,and was able to get patially into a parking lot to investigate.Put it into reverse, and I hear the driveshaft fall on the ground.Open the door, there it is, larger than life, laying there.Had a tow truck take it and me to the Ford dealer by the T/A in Florence.It seems the clips holding the cups in the u-joints have come out, one on each end, therefore, losing one cup on each end of the driveshaft...A new driveshaft assembly is on order, should be in tomarrow, and be ready to go by 2.I sure hope Beki at DRS has deep pockets for the tow,motel room,and estimated $850.00 repair..The sad thing is, I had her replace these 2 weeks ago, as a measure of preventative maintenance.Original, non-greaseable u-joints with 179,000 miles on them, you'd think it would be a good idea to replace them.But this was also repaced to eliminate a problem later found out caused by the Michelin tires from Belle.And that is another story.I call them yesterday, to obtain the phone #of the president/ceo, and, of course, they dont know it."How can we help you?" they ask.I reply, do you really want to go there?...lol..Now, the general manager tells me, that Michelins are a soft tire that is known to squirm..Ya Think?? So now, he want s to put another brand on the van..Getting tired of sub-standard parts/workmanship. There is still time to salvage this week. I'm in a motel room, bored, obviously...

Sorry you're having all the problems Guido. I feel your pain. :( I have no doubt Beki will make things right. I've also heard that Michelin's were squirmy, but the sprinters came with them and I don't remember having that feel when I drove them. I think they were 10 ply. Michelin must have changed something.

There's no cure for the boredom, at least I didn't find any. Hopefully you are at a motel that has a free breakfast. Maybe you'll see Mr. Snappy there. :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

It's one of his best attributes! [Well, that and his warped sense of humor]. ;)
Glad to see you weren't down for long, and I bet you'll be keeping an eye out for those "Free breakfast" signs now, lol.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

It's one of his best attributes! [Well, that and his warped sense of humor]. ;)
Glad to see you weren't down for long, and I bet you'll be keeping an eye out for those "Free breakfast" signs now, lol.

Thanks Cheri. I doubt I'll be hitting the "free breakfast" anytime soon. At least not until I have an escape plan worked out. :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Easy cure for boredom: find something and paint it!
I added some sparkle to my Load1 sweatshirt and the grille.
If I don't get a load tomorrow, I may add some' sparkle' to the Load 1 logo on the door......:D

Attachments

• load 1 w sparkle.jpg
    load 1 w sparkle.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 61
  • xmas wreath on grill.jpg
    xmas wreath on grill.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 52

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Got the "empty move"...McCalla Ala to Huntsville Ala..approx 100 miles??? Ok, well thats what was authrorized..so I am at the Wally World in Huntsville for the night....makes you go hmmmm..:confused:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
When was the last time you woke up and realized that today could be the best day of your life? Participate in your dreams today. There are unlimited opportunities available with this new day. Take action on those wonderful dreams you've had in your mind for so long.
Remember, success is something you experience when you act accordingly.
Success is not something you HAVE, its something you DO....

Good Morning Gang....:)

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Been a busy week, but feels like I didn't get much accomplished.

Progressive ins. Is having a difficult time adjusting the Sprinter from the deer hit. Took it to their drive up shop on Wed. Pulled it in, took pics and saw the remnants of the hair from the deer so it goes to comp and not collision. When they went to the computer to price everything out, couldn't do it. Was told the van is too big and the commercial side would need to do it. Someone from commercial was supposed to call yesterday to schedule an appointment for today, but never got the call.

Dr appointment at the Va on Tue went good all ok. Waiting for blood tests results.

Dr appointment for the knee went somewhat ok. Got a little lateral loosness and because the tibial slipped down a little when it was fractured, it rubs against a couple of ligaments. No biggie at the moment, but surgery is in my future. Could be next year or 10 years.

Did manage to get a couple of batteries replaced in the boat. They were the toughest ones to get to. The old body just doesn't contort like it used to!

Still debating on the trip with the boat to the Bahamas. Not looking good though. The window us shrinking quick.

The boss did make reservations at the Hilton in NYC Times Square for the week before Christmas. She wants to see the tree at Rock Center and all the Dept store Windows if we can't go south.

You all be safe and have fun.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
When was the last time you woke up and realized that today could be the best day of your life? Participate in your dreams today. There are unlimited opportunities available with this new day. Take action on those wonderful dreams you've had in your mind for so long.
Remember, success is something you experience when you act accordingly.
Success is not something you HAVE, its something you DO....

Good Morning Gang....:)

HEY HEY HEY.......Enough some of us are still in that grumpy stage of the morning.......LOL