November Banter and Location

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I stopped at a Laquinta Inn this week and had a free breakfast..the sign out on the road said free breakfast so I went in and took advantage of the offer, then went on and made my del 2.5 hours early...that sure is nice of these hotels to offer free breakfast..LOL

Too cool! *lol*

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I stopped at a Laquinta Inn this week and had a free breakfast..the sign out on the road said free breakfast so I went in and took advantage of the offer, then went on and made my del 2.5 hours early...that sure is nice of these hotels to offer free breakfast..LOL

It's really not free. It let's them keep their rates up.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
It's too bad these breakdowns only happen away from home! I see on FB that Guido's u joints came apart...wonder if he's over there too.

Man it's cold out and we're supposed to get our first measurable snow this weekend...good thing I've got lots to do inside!

Didn't he just have those checked???

It's 30 here, but I have the a/c on.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Interesting...called Amazon to see how it would work without wifi..for a Kindle. I can download books to my home pc and tranfer it to the Kindle by using the USB port..how cool is that?:D

guido4475

Not a Member
Is it too late to make him a quilt in a lizard pattern? :D

PS did you ever try those bags that suck the air out [ok, I think the vacuum does that part, but you know what I mean] to save space on shipping? I always wondered if they work....:confused:

I wonder if that could be used as a weight-loss device....lol..:eek:

guido4475

Not a Member
Had an awesome week going, alot of smaller loads, paying great, then got one to Laredo.Picked up, and was making good time, made it through a massive backup on the southbound side on 75 in the KY.Came out of that, getting back into speed, and, it sounded like I was running over those side of the road rumble strips..Got it to the next exit,and was able to get patially into a parking lot to investigate.Put it into reverse, and I hear the driveshaft fall on the ground.Open the door, there it is, larger than life, laying there.Had a tow truck take it and me to the Ford dealer by the T/A in Florence.It seems the clips holding the cups in the u-joints have come out, one on each end, therefore, losing one cup on each end of the driveshaft...A new driveshaft assembly is on order, should be in tomarrow, and be ready to go by 2.I sure hope Beki at DRS has deep pockets for the tow,motel room,and estimated $850.00 repair..The sad thing is, I had her replace these 2 weeks ago, as a measure of preventative maintenance.Original, non-greaseable u-joints with 179,000 miles on them, you'd think it would be a good idea to replace them.But this was also repaced to eliminate a problem later found out caused by the Michelin tires from Belle.And that is another story.I call them yesterday, to obtain the phone #of the president/ceo, and, of course, they dont know it."How can we help you?" they ask.I reply, do you really want to go there?...lol..Now, the general manager tells me, that Michelins are a soft tire that is known to squirm..Ya Think?? So now, he want s to put another brand on the van..Getting tired of sub-standard parts/workmanship. There is still time to salvage this week. I'm in a motel room, bored, obviously...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had an awesome week going, alot of smaller loads, paying great, then got one to Laredo.Picked up, and was making good time, made it through a massive backup on the southbound side on 75 in the KY.Came out of that, getting back into speed, and, it sounded like I was running over those side of the road rumble strips..Got it to the next exit,and was able to get patially into a parking lot to investigate.Put it into reverse, and I hear the driveshaft fall on the ground.Open the door, there it is, larger than life, laying there.Had a tow truck take it and me to the Ford dealer by the T/A in Florence.It seems the clips holding the cups in the u-joints have come out, one on each end, therefore, losing one cup on each end of the driveshaft...A new driveshaft assembly is on order, should be in tomarrow, and be ready to go by 2.I sure hope Beki at DRS has deep pockets for the tow,motel room,and estimated $850.00 repair..The sad thing is, I had her replace these 2 weeks ago, as a measure of preventative maintenance.Original, non-greaseable u-joints with 179,000 miles on them, you'd think it would be a good idea to replace them.But this was also repaced to eliminate a problem later found out caused by the Michelin tires from Belle.And that is another story.I call them yesterday, to obtain the phone #of the president/ceo, and, of course, they dont know it."How can we help you?" they ask.I reply, do you really want to go there?...lol..Now, the general manager tells me, that Michelins are a soft tire that is known to squirm..Ya Think?? So now, he want s to put another brand on the van..Getting tired of sub-standard parts/workmanship. There is still time to salvage this week. I'm in a motel room, bored, obviously...

$850 bucks for a U joint?.....whatta think ya got there a Sprinter?.....LOL

guido4475

Not a Member
$850 bucks for a U joint?.....whatta think ya got there a Sprinter?.....LOL

How'd we go from u-joints to bed dolls acessories??? what, is this the Paula Deen channel now??? lol..

$850.00 for the whole assembly.Driveshaft, both front and rear yokes, universals, all balanced from Ford.Installed, which consists of shoving the front yoke in the trans tailshaft, and then bolting the 4 bolts to attach the rear end housing to the rear driveshaft housing..It seems that non-greaseable ones are filled with teflon, more durable than grease, they tell me..The one ear on the aluminum driveshaft has a crack in it now, due to the beating it toook..And Ford only sells everything as a complete assembly when a driveshaft is needed..But, at least mine isnt coming overseas on a pontoon boat!!:D

Going to take advantage of the bathtub here, and maybe make my own bubbles!!! lmao...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
How'd we go from u-joints to bed dolls acessories??? what, is this the Paula Deen channel now??? lol..

$850.00 for the whole assembly.Driveshaft, both front and rear yokes, universals, all balanced from Ford.Installed, which consists of shoving the front yoke in the trans tailshaft, and then bolting the 4 bolts to attach the rear end housing to the rear driveshaft housing..It seems that non-greaseable ones are filled with teflon, more durable than grease, they tell me..The one ear on the aluminum driveshaft has a crack in it now, due to the beating it toook..And Ford only sells everything as a complete assembly when a driveshaft is needed..But, at least mine isnt coming overseas on a pontoon boat!!:D

Going to take advantage of the bathtub here, and maybe make my own bubbles!!! lmao...

My bed dolls are infinately more interesting than your old U joints..:p

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Got the truck back. If anyone needs a Freightliner dealer in or near Mt. Vernon, IL. I recommend these guys. Good work, showers and laundry on site.