March 2017 this and that.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ahhh, what could be better then a cold day on a Sunday and the furnace stops working :rolleyes:

Facing a $135 charge just to show up and $135/hr labor that starts when he shows up (I'm really in the wrong business), I set out to fix it myself.

A little flashing light code decoding and a youtube video later, I discovered a very simple fix that even I could not screw up. My flame sensor needed to be cleaned with some sandpaper. Total time for me 15 mins and furnace is back to humming along :)

If your furnace is one that has a hot surface igniter, having a spare is a good idea, not difficult to change.

Also if you have an exhaust blower motor, listen for changes in the sound it makes, they rarely go out without warning, making odd sounds will be your warning to get a new one. And they are not hard to change out either.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've been fixing things with you tube and duct tape for a long time!

Sent from Lost in Space.
b6c.jpg

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
now I am confused...laptop says 11:36 but phone says 10:36.....i would have bet the farm the phone would have changed automatically...so what time is it?>>
What Treadmill said: "Any time you want." If you aren't under load, time is pretty much whatever you make it. I have a friend that I just posted about(https://www.expeditersonline.com/forums/threads/vetting-is-a-stupiding-word.69609/page-2#post-810983). He's a math teacher in central Minnesota, long removed from the rez. Yet he still operates on Indian Time, some of the time. Indian Time should not be confused with time zones in India. A more accurate name would be Early American Time Zone but that would be politically incorrect.

Obviously he can't operate on Indian Time when teaching. Um, in Minnesota, maybe he can. When I set a time to meet him in the summer for a canoe trip, he shows up on the same day at least, but that's about as close as it gets. If I wasn't an expediter I think I could get rid of my watches and clocks and go on Indian Time. OVM, you must surely be familiar with Indian Time. If not, look into it. When you retire Indian Time is the way to go!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If your furnace is one that has a hot surface igniter, having a spare is a good idea, not difficult to change.

It is, good idea.

Also if you have an exhaust blower motor, listen for changes in the sound it makes, they rarely go out without warning, making odd sounds will be your warning to get a new one. And they are not hard to change out either.

Already been making odd sounds for last two years. I'd like to replace blower. Last guy who looked at it said not to put another $1 into it. It is old, inefficient, and does need replacing. Was suppose to be last summers project, but it never happened :rolleyes:

Reactions: brokcanadian

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got the odometer turning tonight! Home to Bolt central 160 miles avg 16.8 mpg by hand ... available payload 3280 with king fatso here in the drivers seat giving em 3k and 3 skids let's see em get the wheels turning !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ENJOY ....

I am now empty in SC.... 10 hours early ...36° bedtime

poking sticks --refilled
Ovm Meme's - on demand

schwanman

Expert Expediter
Thin
Got the odometer turning tonight! Home to Bolt central 160 miles avg 16.8 mpg by hand ... available payload 3280 with king fatso here in the drivers seat giving em 3k and 3 skids let's see em get the wheels turning !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think about starting at 2,000lbs. Most carriers can keep you running at that without the wear and tear on your vehicle.

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Ahhh, what could be better then a cold day on a Sunday and the furnace stops working :rolleyes:

Facing a $135 charge just to show up and $135/hr labor that starts when he shows up (I'm really in the wrong business), I set out to fix it myself.

A little flashing light code decoding and a youtube video later, I discovered a very simple fix that even I could not screw up. My flame sensor needed to be cleaned with some sandpaper. Total time for me 15 mins and furnace is back to humming along :)
Don't pay it! Tell them you're not an expediter - you're a broker and the most they can have is $95

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
... available payload 3280
The problem with that much weight is loading it properly. The 6' rear overhang makes it a challenge. These Transits get squirrely with too much weight behind the rear axle. Anything over 400 lbs. I have pushed up as far as possible. I have a 20' tow strap that I loop behind the lead pallet as it is pushed in. I also have a 10' chain.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
One more day of winter..7 and feels like -11..and then the gradual warm up. Cats are getting pretty antsy and so am I! 1st coffee sliding down pretty easy! Top of the morning all!!
Isn't Spring not until the 21st?

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch