March 2017 this and that.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I meant garbage as far as how people raise them.
I don't know about pig poop but talapia are the only fish that can eat exclusively vegetable protein and be table size in a season...try that with trout
Not a problem, if you get American tilapia, where the farms are supposed to be constantly inspected. Asia is another story. I like the fish, but won't eat it if it's a guess as to where it came from. Asia is out, same as Atlantic salmon. Norway is not very particular about their farming practices either. Wild caught sockeye is about it, as far as salmon goes for us.
Fish lice = extra protein lol

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Since we're talking fish, try looking up aquaponics. You can raise your talapia and vegetables in one system, and be completely self sufficient in a small space. The vegetables feed the fish and the fish feed the vegetables...you harvest the extra...

The only downside I see, been trying for 5 years and the wife and kids just won't share the pool with scary fishies
You can do the same w chickens and rabbits. If'n I had a pond, I think tilapia would be great.

Reactions: brokcanadian

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
our snow will not be gone....
:p

Yes it will. It will be spring. That's the way it works.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
our snow won't be gone till at least April...one snow drift is still about 4feet high across the back yard...it won;t be gone in a week especially when temp are not going above 32 very much...maybe in TN it works your way..but not up our way...:)

Reactions: ntimevan

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
our snow won't be gone till at least April...one snow drift is still about 4feet high across the back yard...it won;t be gone in a week especially when temp are not going above 32 very much...maybe in TN it works your way..but not up our way...:)

Time to plant the garden!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Actually it's a garbage farm fish, as are Atlantic farmed salmon.
Actually, the majority of Tilapia comes from Vietnam now. In the Pacific they catch the "fresh" salmon, freeze it in ship, take it to southeast Asia where it is processed, re frozen and brought bake here as fresh.

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Reactions: Tennesseahawk

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
national average for gas as of 1/30/17.....2.408 and as of 03/06/17...2.452
diesel is about the same plus minus 1 cent

what I need now is for something to go wrong and a major shortage of gas and it goes to $4-$5 bucks a gallon for gas only....zing....try running at .60 for that! LOL
Thank you Mr. Sunshine!

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Reactions: Treadmill

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ahhh, what could be better then a cold day on a Sunday and the furnace stops working :rolleyes:

Facing a $135 charge just to show up and $135/hr labor that starts when he shows up (I'm really in the wrong business), I set out to fix it myself.

A little flashing light code decoding and a youtube video later, I discovered a very simple fix that even I could not screw up. My flame sensor needed to be cleaned with some sandpaper. Total time for me 15 mins and furnace is back to humming along :)

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ahhh, what could be better then a cold day on a Sunday and the furnace stops working :rolleyes:

Facing a $135 charge just to show up and $135/hr labor that starts when he shows up (I'm really in the wrong business), I set out to fix it myself.

A little flashing light code decoding and a youtube video later, I discovered a very simple fix that even I could not screw up. My flame sensor needed to be cleaned with some sandpaper. Total time for me 15 mins and furnace is back to humming along :)

You just saved yourself a few thousand dollars in labor!

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I've been fixing things with you tube and duct tape for a long time!

Sent from Lost in Space.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I have to do that about once a year when the pilot light goes out... simple job once you do it once