March 2017 this and that.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
... available payload 3280
The problem with that much weight is loading it properly. The 6' rear overhang makes it a challenge. These Transits get squirrely with too much weight behind the rear axle. Anything over 400 lbs. I have pushed up as far as possible. I have a 20' tow strap that I loop behind the lead pallet as it is pushed in. I also have a 10' chain.
Ford sure loves that over hang don't they..right back to the early Econoline extended models...

SGAVan1

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got the odometer turning tonight! Home to Bolt central 160 miles avg 16.8 mpg by hand ... available payload 3280 with king fatso here in the drivers seat giving em 3k and 3 skids let's see em get the wheels turning !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please let me know how that works out. I am looking at making a move. I have a 350 Transit high and long also.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
oh boy just rolled out of the fart sack....just the right combination of blanket and heat.....all caught up with my beauty sleep now...lets start all over last week was fun.....a little too many miles for my liking but what can ya do?....right place, right time...its not magic..the freight finds you these days...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Please let me know how that works out. I am looking at making a move. I have a 350 Transit high and long also.
You making a switch from Sprinter?
No just thinking about changing companies with my Transit. Things where I am are not looking good at all.
this time of the years a lot of carriers are slow....its actually a bad time to jump ship just because you are slow.....unless you are having dispatch issues or having too many silly rules/policies that hamper your business...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
oh boy just rolled out of the fart sack....just the right combination of blanket and heat.....all caught up with my beauty sleep now...lets start all over last week was fun.....a little too many miles for my liking but what can ya do?....right place, right time...its not magic..the freight finds you these days...
Beauty sleep ..? Go back to bed ...

107 days and counting till OVM RETIRES

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Beauty sleep ..? Go back to bed ...

107 days and counting till OVM RETIRES
Or LESS.........;)

BOOKED......and staying in Texas...Dallas to Laredo for morning drop....:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And I was just telling him about the weather up north..snowing in Chicago now and the northeast is going to get hammered!

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
i think he means how he makes out at Bolt.....
I was just noticing that EVERY truck stop seems to have at least one (or more) Bolt vans parked. I know their business plan is to flood the market with trucks. They are a good company to work for but I will stick with CRE and recommend anyone considering a switch talk to Murray first.

Disclaimer:. I am NOT recruiting

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I was just noticing that EVERY truck stop seems to have at least one (or more) Bolt vans parked. I know their business plan is to flood the market with trucks. They are a good company to work for but I will stick with CRE and recommend anyone considering a switch talk to Murray first.

Disclaimer:. I am NOT recruiting

I have also seen small box trucks with Bolt on them?? That's something new.