March 2010 Location

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I live in the small town of Harlan, approx pop 600
We have two cabinet factories, two auto repair shops, gas station/mini mart, a donut shop, post office, bank, hair dresser,antique shop,and a restaurant as well as a few construction plumbing companies.
We used to have a used car lot and a tire place and a library, but they left
hmmm..

let's see..Main street has an electronics store, a credit union, the post office, grocery store, Bakery combined with a used clothes outlet, farmers union, 3 insurance companies, the Bison Implement, the courthouse, seniors citizens and VFW combined, motel, bank, clinic, 2 feed stores, town hall and two restaurants along with about 7 churches and the town bar. Oh...and the grain elevator, Dean's mechanic shop, Phils paint shop and 2 gas stops. AND no less than 3 hair stylists, an old folks home, and the Bison Courier (newspaper). Then we've got the FHA office, a new building for trees and the local grade and HS combined. And the Electric Co and Phone Co and 2 trailer parks. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but not too bad for a town of 360+ people eh?

Oops...not to mention the state highway dept is located here...along with the country highway dept and the city maintenance shop...and of course our $3 million airport...

Last edited:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
dear diary...it has been a hile. well we received a load from so-cal to heber spgs ar on monday. 1600 miles. then while reading after lunch at brothers bbq(pass on it) we drove to blytheville ar in the n.e corner to deliver to sn antonio tx today 772 miles.

we toured the alamo. i had never been and gracie was in 1975. she said back then the alamo was alone and run down and dusty. since then hotels have sprouted everywhere along with tourist trips and restaurants everywhere.

we are currently in the s.a j where there is also a panther van:eek:
dispatch said stay put as the phones are very active and there is lrteady a cv in laredo. prolly not tjp. well more later.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Loading in Hope Mills, N.C. for the greater metropolitan dump known as Detroit. Looks like a couple days at the house.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Monday pu in Charleston SC dropped Tuesday in Cincinnati then pu in Fort Wayne and dropped this morning in Laredo. Ran into RLent in Dallas last night. Almost hoping the phone doesn't ring today.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
At home, back in service after a rough day and #1 on the toledo board. a good long run would be good right about now....

moose

Veteran Expediter
Heading back east ,
Armadillo 4 Fri.. Night ,
Then Budweiser +- , 4 Sat. Night
Then Cleavland +- ,
& up the N.E ...

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Well, let's see:

Orlando, FL
Haymarket, VA
Weaverville, NC
Louisville, KY
Dulles, VA
Richmond, VA
Goose Creek, SC
Jacksonville, FL
Apopka, FL
Albany, GA
Port Charlotte, FL
Sanford, FL

And a few of these have been visited more than once for pick or drop.

But tonight I'm home.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Got load out of Garland, TX Thursday afternoon .... sitting at the J in Laredo waiting for the cons to open in the morning so I can drop .....

About 15 vans (of all sorts) here at the moment ....

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Dan we will be here till sunday morning. Just gimme a call if you're headed this way.

Moose, what is BIR?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
DanTheWolf Wrote:

better than nothing chef

Thanks Dan, and yeap at the least it will keep my mind working on other things other then my dog....LOL well that and the GCVW/GCRW thread....:D