March 2010 Location

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This run might just be jinxed!! We got moving again and made it as far as exit 214. I80 is CLOSED AGAIN!! Not snow or ice this time, an accident at mm208 has the west bound lanes blocked. Whew, this is worse than driving straight through. This will really make you tired, nothing worse than sitting around.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Ontario ,C.A for the night .
A/C during the day , Heat for a comphy night .
springs is in the air ?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Got called for a short run Monday afternoon from Lorain, OH to Holt, MI.

After I got loaded Dispatch called and said the delivery time was changed to Tuesday at 07:00 ..... but the cons would have a reload for me, going back over to Lorain ..... so I so delivered Tuesday morning and immediately reloaded and headed for Lorain ... delivered that around noon and headed south towards the house, but decided to camp out about halfway there .... for a little afternoon nap.

Dispatch woke me up around 16:00 with a pickup in Cleveland going to Carrollton, TX .... and now I sit at the J in Dallas .... :D

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
grrr went to a p/u and was not told the weight till it came across the qc grrrrrrrr 2252lbs and yet i know they see the limit for 1750 when they pull up my file......and and not getting a dry run pay:mad:

Last edited:

buddy

Seasoned Expediter
at teh pilot west of Baton Rouge, Been here a couple days now. May the Expedite Gods get me out of here

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
grrr went to a p/u and was not told the weight till it came across the qc grrrrrrrr 2252lbs and yet i know they see the limit for 1750 when they pull up my file......and and not getting a dry run pay:mad:

I am confused...how did you get to pick up before the QC message? How did you know where the pick up was?

or was it your fault for NOT reading the whole screen? :confused:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in romulus mich this morning. Went out of service and headed back to Toledo. Today I have to say good bue to mt dog. She is at the point where she is growling at my wife when she picks her up and she has nipped at my daughter, so she has to be in enough pain...so......i'll be back in service later today and go from there....

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I wish you the best Chef. It's never easy to lose an animal. I lost one of my cats when I was on the road for 18 months straight. Never got to say goodbye and it still kind of bothers me.

Sorry about the smiley, I forgot to use a more appropriate emoticon.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dropped in romulus mich this morning. Went out of service and headed back to Toledo. Today I have to say good bue to mt dog. She is at the point where she is growling at my wife when she picks her up and she has nipped at my daughter, so she has to be in enough pain...so......i'll be back in service later today and go from there....

As much as ya love your dog it is also the most humane and loving thing you can do for your dog...

Patriot44

Seasoned Expediter
Well, I finally got a load out of Kansas City - Lebanon, Tn. I think I'll sit here untill tonight, if nothing happens I may just drift on up to MATS!:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I am confused...how did you get to pick up before the QC message? How did you know where the pick up was?

or was it your fault for NOT reading the whole screen? :confused:

He should get a dry run pay...If he turned on the engine and drove to the PU...Not his fault they put the weight in later.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
He should get a dry run pay...If he turned on the engine and drove to the PU...Not his fault they put the weight in later.

In all my time they've never just sent the weight over the QC...they've sent other info like contact name...but never just the weight...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
In all my time they've never just sent the weight over the QC...they've sent other info like contact name...but never just the weight...

Yep...they have sent the info across with out the weight or sometimes even the name..or dimensions...just to get you moving first. THEN they've sent the pertinant info..I think that's what happened to Dan. He should get on the phone and ask for what is owed him.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Well of course..we are the county seat...electric co-op/telephone company/cable, ag dept.

I live in the small town of Harlan, approx pop 600
We have two cabinet factories, two auto repair shops, gas station/mini mart, a donut shop, post office, bank, hair dresser,antique shop,and a restaurant as well as a few construction plumbing companies.
We used to have a used car lot and a tire place and a library, but they left