March 2010 Location

Patriot44

Seasoned Expediter
I'm getting sick of sitting in El Paso....... Been here since Tuesday night:mad:, thinking about moving, but I don't know where to go!:confused:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
At least you picked a warmer month..they still have snow on the ground?
Depends on the elevation. Butte is down in that bowl valley straddling the Continental Divide at about 5500 feet, and there's no snow on the ground, but a few miles in most any direction, except I-90 westbound, and you start going up, and you quickly run into snow. I-90 westbound is the only highway exiting Butte that doesn't cross the Divide.

Supposed to snow some later today, tho.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
dear diary...we are in the lot at the j in eloy az after a late transit run from barstow. we were awakened early with a load offer and after making ready to sail we received another call that the load had canceled.(note to self....checque for 6 and 20 to business manager for this suggestion)

currently sitting out on the veranda reading in the shade of the van. the parking of the fellow travelers with their hauled travel trailers parked hither and yon will make amusing tales later in the year when once again we are enjoined by our fellow expediters.
the 90 deg left that was fine became a 120 deg turn after one polite sojourner parked too close to the turn and now another truck with flatbed trailer has parked behind him sealing the route to anyone not in a van.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Decided on sittin in Knoxville, TN instead. There were no vans sittin here when I paged and I was in Atlanta. Almost 3 hours later I arrive in Knoxville and I am #3 on the board with 5 loads a day. Ok...I think...I'll wait it out..LOL:)

five loads a day he says

boowaaahahahahahahahahahahh

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
dear diary...we are in the lot at the j in eloy az after a late transit run from barstow. we were awakened early with a load offer and after making ready to sail we received another call that the load had canceled.(note to self....checque for 6 and 20 to business manager for this suggestion)

currently sitting out on the veranda reading in the shade of the van. the parking of the fellow travelers with their hauled travel trailers parked hither and yon will make amusing tales later in the year when once again we are enjoined by our fellow expediters.
the 90 deg left that was fine became a 120 deg turn after one polite sojourner parked too close to the turn and now another truck with flatbed trailer has parked behind him sealing the route to anyone not in a van.

Oh..I have mail?....:D;)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Michigan City In. to Batesville In....yea a little one, but it is a "medical equipment" load and is paying very well.....:D

myvan010

Seasoned Expediter
after 4 days of running between louiseville and Michigan had to come home for the fear of the wife kicking my a&& if I was to miss our 19th year anniversary. So that gives me the chance to get the bike out and ride then rest sunday and get runnin again monday...........

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in Batesville Ind. Was going to run the 45 miles to the "J" in Spiceland Ind, but we had 5 CV's within 50 miles of there...So it was 65 miles to the "J" in Walton Ky for the night...hopefully i'll get something heading north towards home....my wife called and it looks like we are going to have to put your 18 y/o Golden retriver down and she doesn't want to do it by herself...so if no run towards home, looks like ill be goin out of service and DH'n home.....

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
dear diary,.....something good happened today. we got a load. p-u in tucson and deliver to santa rosa calif. INCREDIBLE!! the city hracie and her family emmigrated to in 1961. the c'see is the company her father retired from 25 year ago and the one she left 15 years ago. they are now owned by another company they now outsource the very product they originally produced. looks like a weekend of wine tasting in sonoma valley, or visiting gracies ex-husband or my cousin in larkspur. well thats all for now fueling outside of blythe soon and then i will drive.

gsmacker

Seasoned Expediter
Well no bites on the Wausau board, so I decided to throw a line in down at the Madison board. So if Im closer to the big lake does that mean that the fish are bigger?? I do know its FRIDAY
:D:D:D

guido4475

Not a Member
Dropped in Batesville Ind. Was going to run the 45 miles to the "J" in Spiceland Ind, but we had 5 CV's within 50 miles of there...So it was 65 miles to the "J" in Walton Ky for the night...hopefully i'll get something heading north towards home....my wife called and it looks like we are going to have to put your 18 y/o Golden retriver down and she doesn't want to do it by herself...so if no run towards home, looks like ill be goin out of service and DH'n home.....

That is one tough thing, to put down a family pet after it has been with a family for so long.I dread the day I have to do it to my dog.Hang in there.