March 2010 Location

myvan010

Seasoned Expediter
Dropped in Batesville Ind. Was going to run the 45 miles to the "J" in Spiceland Ind, but we had 5 CV's within 50 miles of there...So it was 65 miles to the "J" in Walton Ky for the night...hopefully i'll get something heading north towards home....my wife called and it looks like we are going to have to put your 18 y/o Golden retriver down and she doesn't want to do it by herself...so if no run towards home, looks like ill be goin out of service and DH'n home.....

Sorry to hear about your retriever, It is hard to put down a family pet thats been with you for a long time, We had to put down our 12 yr bulldog last november and we still think of the guy til this day, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Been home form orientation for couple days,may be home for week end.Truck is still in shop,some of the parts have been back ordered,suppose to be in today,but they still have to be painted.was suppose to get it out this morning,but its not going to be.Anxious to get back on the road.Hard to pay bills when your at home.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in Batesville Ind. Was going to run the 45 miles to the "J" in Spiceland Ind, but we had 5 CV's within 50 miles of there...So it was 65 miles to the "J" in Walton Ky for the night...hopefully i'll get something heading north towards home....my wife called and it looks like we are going to have to put your 18 y/o Golden retriver down and she doesn't want to do it by herself...so if no run towards home, looks like ill be goin out of service and DH'n home.....

Wow 18 yrs that is good run for a retreiver, sorry to hear that, as a fellow dog owner I know it can be tough:(

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the kind words....wife took her to the vet this morning and between them the decided that if we are still willing to carry her up and down the steps and make her walk around, her heart and lungs are ok and we can hold off...so thats where we are as of now...don't know for how long...so

With that, Owenton KY to Plainfield NJ.....

Patriot44

Seasoned Expediter
I hear Mexico is nice this time of year:rolleyes:

Thankfully, I didn't have to resort to that, ......yet:rolleyes:

I got a run from El Paso to Laredo last night, however it looks like I am one of six-thousand seven-hundred twenety-two straight trucks sitting in Laredo (ok, ok maybe not that many, but there are a lot of truck here!):eek:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Patriot wrote:

I'm getting sick of sitting in El Paso....... Been here since Tuesday night, thinking about moving, but I don't know where to go!

I got a run from El Paso to Laredo last night, however it looks like I am one of six-thousand seven-hundred twenety-two straight trucks sitting in Laredo (ok, ok maybe not that many, but there are a lot of truck here!)

LOL... enjoy your weekend in Laredo, it will probably extend to maybe tues....and i wouldn't be afraid to bet on weds.....

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks for the kind words....wife took her to the vet this morning and between them the decided that if we are still willing to carry her up and down the steps and make her walk around, her heart and lungs are ok and we can hold off...so thats where we are as of now...don't know for how long...so

With that, Owenton KY to Plainfield NJ.....
We carried our beloved Rottweiller up & down steps for the last year of her life - worth every bit of effort, IMO.
That's a looong life for a dog, Chef - and it doesn't make it any easier when it's over, I know. Hope you can be there for both your wife and the dog when the time comes. :(

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yea she has live a good long life, and there was not a 2nd thought when the vet said her heart and lungs were good, we all will carry her....

Thank You Cheri...your words and those of the others mean alot.....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We had a good solid week, 5 days, 5 runs. Pre-dispatched for Monday, out of Lynchburg, VA headed for WA state. Could not have worked out much better!! We deliver on Thursday morning just about 200 miles from where my son who just got home from Afghanistan is stationed!! Guess what we will be doing next weekend!! :D:D Get to spoil the granddaughter at the same time!! Can it get much better? :D:D You just gotta love this business!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't gloat yet..it is not onboard....an team I know for WG?Tv sat in CT all weekend same deal...guess what happened Monday morning? Yup...cancelled got a few bucks and the infamous <75:eek:

Patriot44

Seasoned Expediter
Patriot wrote:

LOL... enjoy your weekend in Laredo, it will probably extend to maybe tues....and i wouldn't be afraid to bet on weds.....

Well, that just gives me a warm a fuzzy feeling:rolleyes:
If only, 1. South Padre Island was less than 200 miles away
2. It wasn't spring break weekened:mad:

Move it 100 miles closer and no drunk party kids and that is where I'd be!

I might as well ask does much freight move out of Brownsville,Tx?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Patriot wrote:

I might as well ask does much freight move out of Brownsville,Tx?

yea, but from experience, i have always done better out of laredo.....but i can't speak to a ST i am in a van....

hey there is a Logans Steakhouse just down the rd from the J.... Great food....and it is in front of a big shopping center, so parking the truck isn't a problem....

HEY TJP, where is that Bufflo Wild Wings at down there??

Patriot44

Seasoned Expediter
Patriot wrote:

yea, but from experience, i have always done better out of laredo.....but i can't speak to a ST i am in a van....

hey there is a Logans Steakhouse just down the rd from the J.... Great food....and it is in front of a big shopping center, so parking the truck isn't a problem....

HEY TJP, where is that Bufflo Wild Wings at down there??

Logan's sounds good:D, I think I'll jump on the GPS and head that way. I want food and sleep! Well, all be darned dispatched just called! Might have one going to Kansas for a Monday drop......

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
The love of your pet is unconditional and their love for you is the same.But what no one figures during these years together,is the heartache your going to feel when either they die,or you have to put them to sleep,because of the suffering they are in.
It doesn't matter if it's a dog cat or even that special horse you just love to ride,when the time comes,and they pass on,it will feel like you lost a family member.
In my days I have had enough animals die that I won't have another.Your heart can only break so often,'til you finally have no feelings.I've never been fond of cats,but I've lost horses and dogs to the point where I'll never want another.Maybe that's why I'm still single,no room for a broken heart.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Good deal...hope it works out....good food in Kanas also... get up there by sunday, grab a good steak and ice tea and watch the nascar race....

Patriot44

Seasoned Expediter
Good deal...hope it works out....good food in Kanas also... get up there by sunday, grab a good steak and ice tea and watch the nascar race....

Sounds like a good plan! Hopefully we will get that load, I ether need to learn Spainish or get outta here! Thanks for your input;)

Toronto40

Seasoned Expediter
Just got dispatched a load from Stoney Creek, Ontario to Wisconsin. Pickup tomorrow, but I don't have to deliver until Monday morning:)

Nice meeting you today Steady Eddie.:D Sorry you had to wait so long for me to get that load to you. I know your pulling an all niter. Drive Safe.