March 2010 Location

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Oak Grove Ky to HOME, a shower and sleep in my own bed, pick up my new glasses and then deliver to Romulus Mch at 7 am in the morning..seeya

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Guido (and any others), how about a report on those new clear headlights you're installing, maybe on a new thread. Distance down the road, shoulder illumination, etc., and how they compare to what you are replacing. There's a lot of stuff on the web about them, usually promotions by the manufacturer, but I'd like to hear it from an expediter. Thanks

Falligator

Expert Expediter
isn't DH paid over 100 miles anyway? why did you not take it? destination that bad?
Loaded was only 167 miles and there were two panther vans sittin within 20 miles of Tallahassee. Wasn't worth taking the load...So I am deadheading out of florida to the northern tundra they call ohio to work.....Knowing my luck they will send me a load back to florida...LOL:mad:

moose

Veteran Expediter
, pick up my new glasses..seeya

did U get a first out with that ? ,,, Extra stop ? ,,,Driver load ?...

I'm at the J on I-70 In OH X 122 for the night ,
taking a shower then a hokos-pokos crocodile ...
a few Expediters laying around...anyone I know ?
Seeing the Ateam heading west earlyon 2day .

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Loaded was only 167 miles and there were two panther vans sittin within 20 miles of Tallahassee. Wasn't worth taking the load...So I am deadheading out of florida to the northern tundra they call ohio to work.....Knowing my luck they will send me a load back to florida...LOL:mad:

I like details, details..:D

Ohio? whats wrong with Atlanta or N. Charleston? Always get loads outta there...

Now in Appleton Wi....:)

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great weatber in Cali today. Picking up Thursday in Tracey going to Phoenix.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in Romulus Mich..was 12th within 50 miles....Ran to Toledo...8 CV's ahead of me within 50 miles...DH'n to the chicago area, i am #2 there now..hopefully i'll get a load before i get there per normal, or as soon as i fill up at the "J" in Gary Ind...

Stopped at the Toledo / Perrysburg "J" for gas before i jumped o tyhe turnpike...9 CV's there and 4 ST's that i could see....

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So I am deadheading out of florida to the northern tundra they call ohio to work....

I'm with OVM, why go that far? There are good areas much closer than that. The load you turned down would have at least given you some fuel money for a move.

I'm at the Pilot in Milford, Ct.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm with OVM, why go that far? There are good areas much closer than that. The load you turned down would have at least given you some fuel money for a move.

I'm at the Pilot in Milford, Ct.

I think he likes that auto freight too much..and being #25 on a board...he should take lessons from Turtle...he hates coming east of the Mississippi...no money, no bargaining power.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I think he likes that auto freight too much..and being #25 on a board...he should take lessons from Turtle...he hates coming east of the Mississippi...no money, no bargaining power.
Decided on sittin in Knoxville, TN instead. There were no vans sittin here when I paged and I was in Atlanta. Almost 3 hours later I arrive in Knoxville and I am #3 on the board with 5 loads a day. Ok...I think...I'll wait it out. I wake up this morning and at 11:15am I am now sitting at #4 on the Knoxville board. No first outs came in so figure that one out. As Yoda says, "Puzzling this is...."hmmmmm....Time to call dispatch as long as I don't get the dreaded "I'm sorry but we are unable to handle your call at this time" from the machine....LOL:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Decided on sittin in Knoxville, TN instead. There were no vans sittin here when I paged and I was in Atlanta. Almost 3 hours later I arrive in Knoxville and I am #3 on the board with 5 loads a day. Ok...I think...I'll wait it out. I wake up this morning and at 11:15am I am now sitting at #4 on the Knoxville board. No first outs came in so figure that one out. As Yoda says, "Puzzling this is...."hmmmmm....Time to call dispatch as long as I don't get the dreaded "I'm sorry but we are unable to handle your call at this time" from the machine....LOL:)

Don't you do the Carolinas? darn thats always good for something....how many vans there?

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Don't you do the Carolinas? darn thats always good for something....how many vans there?
Um...last check there were 3 vans in Charlotte, but I'm not gonna dh all the way over there......too far. try my luck here first. I'm looking at switching companies next week anyways since things here aint improving much.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Um...last check there were 3 vans in Charlotte, but I'm not gonna dh all the way over there......too far. try my luck here first. I'm looking at switching companies next week anyways since things here aint improving much.

Try Bolt..I hear they are a good carrier....:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

But, but, but your intents of DH ing to Ohio to be like 27th???

do you feel like you are in an interrogation yet? *LOL*

gsmacker

Seasoned Expediter
Up here in Wisconsin exit 116 on 94, Black River Falls I think? Dropped over by Osceola,WI. Too many vans sittin in St. Paul/Minneapolis area. Headed here (Wausau) was first out, then a first out showed up....hate when that happens. Unless that first out is me, then its all good:D