March 2010 Location

gsmacker

Seasoned Expediter
had one from rockford,ILL to Coffeyville,KS
not too bad of a week almost 1800 miles and I didnt get started till wed afternoon...sittin at the J over by Joplin,MO

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Went OOS Tuesday thru Thursday and spent some time at the house, did some vehicle maintenance. Picked up a load Friday in Malta, OH that went up to Woodhaven, MI ... presently at the J in Perrysburg. Probably head back to the house today if nothing by noon or so.

myvan010

Seasoned Expediter
Got a load from Springfield oh to.TULSA. ok now just waiting to get unloaded going to end up wiith almost. Nineteen hundred miles yay

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just got dispatched a load from Stoney Creek, Ontario to Wisconsin. Pickup tomorrow, but I don't have to deliver until Monday morning:)

Nice meeting you today Steady Eddie.:D Sorry you had to wait so long for me to get that load to you. I know your pulling an all niter. Drive Safe.

Nice to meet you as well....You being late did eat into my sleep time...All is well, 135 miles to go! Glad you got your weekend run! A good one at that..

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Back in service,got offered at 350 miler with 155 deadhead to pick it up. Yea, right.Not worth leaving the house for that.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Back in service,got offered at 350 miler with 155 deadhead to pick it up. Yea, right.Not worth leaving the house for that.

Depends. If the DH were "away" from the delivery, and you were able to haul the freight back past the original location then the DH would only be 78 miles. Kinda depends on how you look at it.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in Plainfield NJ this morning and DH'd down to the Bordentown Petro...might even DH over to Hagerstown Md...to my fav Steakhouse, "The Crazyhorse Steakhouse"....guess i'll give dispatch a while to find me something to haul out of here before I run 200 miles for dinner....:rolleyes:

guido4475

Not a Member
Depends. If the DH were "away" from the delivery, and you were able to haul the freight back past the original location then the DH would only be 78 miles. Kinda depends on how you look at it.

I see what youre saying, but I was looking at it from this way:
350 lm x .87 cpm pay ($304.50)
155 mt _ .28 cpm operating cost ($141.50)
505 total mi = .32 cpm profit ($163.50)

This is 44% deadhead.
Chances are, with it delivering in Va,I'd end up sitting the weekend, and/or moving to a better freight area, since I have never had any luck out of that area to begin with.So is it worth to leave the house for $163.50 and sit in a van over the weeekend? Don't forget to add at least one shower and 2 meals on top of that.If it was longer of a run, I may of considered it.

Patriot44

Seasoned Expediter
Got a load leaving Laredo today (1 mile away from the T/A, I can handle that kind of D/H!) Droping off in Kansas City by Tuesday.:D

donie

Seasoned Expediter
Hey Lance...looking back through your posts...leaving Laredo headed to KC...sounds like things are going well...360 lb load to El Paso...maybe a smaller truck if you want to specialize in smaller freight?..probably a bad idea....talk soon..Steve........saftey first!!

gsmacker

Seasoned Expediter
I think I am gonna be envious of Patriot44......only sittin in Larehole for a maybe a day?? I thought it was atleast a mandatory 3 day wait?? What company do you run for?? And more importantly how much did it cost to bribe yer dispatch?? lol

Falligator

Expert Expediter
five loads a day he says

boowaaahahahahahahahahahahh
Ran a 128 mile load had to dh down to Chatanooga, Tn to p/u and take it to Franklin, TN...got a first out for it, then got a run from Knoxville, Tn to Streetsboro, OH which I dropped this morning and sittin at #10 on the Akron board. I'm not certain yet, but if my application goes through I may be signing on with RJR transportation. hope this will keep me slightly busier than I currently am....;)

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Well best week I have ever had..3,650 loaded miles in 5 days...started out monday in chicago w/ a load to Timmonsville SC then reloaded 10 minutes after UL and went back to Rockford IL ..then to Crofton NE...then DH to Sioux Center IA going to good ole' Laredo..now I'm catching up on some sleep

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
asj wrote:

Well best week I have ever had..3,650 loaded miles in 5 days...started out monday in chicago w/ a load to Timmonsville SC then reloaded 10 minutes after UL and went back to Rockford IL ..then to Crofton NE...then DH to Sioux Center IA going to good ole' Laredo..now I'm catching up on some sleep

Dang!! I was wonderin where my miles went!!! I only got 1954!!:D

Great week!! Enjoy the rest!!!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Talked to dispatch, nothing going on here in the Bordentown NJ area, so its dinner In Hagerstown Maryland tonight, and watch the race there tomorrow....seeya...:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Spent last night with Mrs. Layoutshooter's cousin then ran over to Lynchburg, VA for Monday's load. Then, assuming no problems, it is off to WA. We are really looking forward to seeing our son and granddaughter!! :D

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sitting here in California tieing up loose ends in preparation for my assimilation back into life on the road. Just did a tune up on my van. I replaced six out of eight spark plugs and wires myself and had to pay a mechanic 50 dollars to do the last two on the left front side.

Paid 50 bucks for near new AC Delco performance wires on Ebay and 80 bucks for AC Delco Iridium spark plugs. 180 dollars for a tune up that the dealer wanted to charge me 700 for. Did the differential exchange myself, brake fluid exchange, power steering exchange, and oil change.

Just need a transmission flush on monday and all is good. Gonna have a fabrication company install my E-track for 250 bucks, as I am too tired and worn out to mess with it. Then I am leaving Friday morning for Bolt orientation on, not this Monday, but the monday after.

I really hope I can tap into some of the good miles that Bolt has to offer. I also look forward to seeing all you guys on the road. I'm also divising a plan to baptise OVM and TJP's truck tires with recycled pop. lol, J/K.

Gotta see how my DOT physical goes on Tuesday and still trying to track down a good used spare tire. Any how, you guys take care out there and save me a parking spot in Laredo. I have a feeling I will be a part of a huge block party down there in the near future.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Spent last night with Mrs. Layoutshooter's cousin then ran over to Lynchburg, VA for Monday's load. Then, assuming no problems, it is off to WA. We are really looking forward to seeing our son and granddaughter!! :D

Don't forget your ex-husband-in-law

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Made my drop this morning in Charlotte, NC....sitting in Rock Hill.

30 min in bed- Dispatch " Ready for one?"
Me- "No, bye"

45 min in bed- Wife "Hey,whatchdoing huhhuhhuh...oh were you sleeping?"
Me "Bye"

1 hour in bed- Dispatch "Hey you ready for another one"
Me "No Bye"

Well, maybe not really how it happened- but on my way to Livonia, MI, Sunday for a Monday A.M. drop.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
picking 2morrow as well, right back in Glasgow Ky going to Knoxville Tn and whooping 189 miles but pays sprinter rate at least.