Kamala Harris

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Why are you so concerned with Trump’s rally audience and size? Do you realize that due to security deficiencies for him that there is likely a limit to size and type of venues he can have?
I'm not concerned, I'm amused. One of the very first things Trump had his people talk about when he became president was crowd size. He often speaks of crowd size. He gave considerable time during the debate to talk about his crowd size. At his rallies, he often praises and exaggerates the size of the crowd. Crowd size is clearly important to Trump.

It's amusing to watch him squirm as Harris consistently outperforms Trump in crowd size.
I would be less concerned with crowd sizes and come to terms that Trump’s support is solid and isn’t going away. All indications point to that.
I think you are correct. While we're seeing some Republicans who previously voted for Trump now peel off to vote for Harris, Trump's base is mostly intact. Trump's problem is, in the close race this is, he cannot afford to lose the small percentage he is losing to Harris.

As that small Republicans-for-Harris drift goes on, Harris seems to be registering many thousands more new voters than Trump is. Older voters (more favorable to Trump) have been dying off by the millions since the last election. Younger voters (more favorable to Harris) have come of age by the millions to replace them.

Finally, the turnout rate of newly registered voters is very high, and the Harris get-out-the-vote ground game is vastly superior to Trump's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not concerned, I'm amused. One of the very first things Trump had his people talk about when he became president was crowd size. He often speaks of crowd size. He gave considerable time during the debate to talk about his crowd size. At his rallies, he often praises and exaggerates the size of the crowd. Crowd size is clearly important to Trump.

It's amusing to watch him squirm as Harris consistently outperforms Trump in crowd size.

I think you are correct. While we're seeing some Republicans who previously voted for Trump now peel off to vote for Harris, Trump's base is mostly intact. Trump's problem is, in the close race this is, he cannot afford to lose the small percentage he is losing to Harris.

As that small Republicans-for-Harris drift goes on, Harris seems to be registering many thousands more new voters than Trump is. Older voters (more favorable to Trump) have been dying off by the millions since the last election. Younger voters (more favorable to Harris) have come of age by the millions to replace them.

Finally, the turnout rate of newly registered voters is very high, and the Harris get-out-the-vote ground game is vastly superior to Trump's.
Your premise is a bit warped.Trump barely survives an attempt on his life at a rally . It is discovered that the security was woefully inadequate. Reports say there are still safety issues in protecting him. The byproduct of that is for Trump to scale back the size of events for safety reasons. Yet some are amused with that? Not a good look.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've said it before, but it bares repeating...
Having policy differences is one thing, I can understand that. What I don't understand, is how what I have always thought of as intelligent people, have some became so enamored with this charliton that they can't see the idiocy he spews.
Now do “intelligent people” all falling in line (without a peep) for Harris without one vote in the primary.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Your premise is a bit warped.Trump barely survives an attempt on his life at a rally . It is discovered that the security was woefully inadequate. Reports say there are still safety issues in protecting him. The byproduct of that is for Trump to scale back the size of events for safety reasons. Yet some are amused with that? Not a good look.
While an actual attempt was made on Trump's life, the security concerns are the same for Harris and Trump. The excuse that security concerns are a greater concern for Trump falls flat. In Trump's mind, it may not fall flat.

Trump may now be genuinely afraid of appearing before large crowds. The problem with that is he has appeared before large crowds after the assassination attempt. There are reasons Trump's rallies have been generally smaller than Harris's. Security concerns are not one of them. Had they been, Trump might have said so when Harris commented about his rally size during the debate, and Trump responded with his lies and rant. According to Trump, he has huge rally crowds, and people do not leave early.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
While an actual attempt was made on Trump's life, the security concerns are the same for Harris and Trump. The excuse that security concerns are a greater concern for Trump falls flat. In Trump's mind, it may not fall flat.
That’s not accurate. Trump doesn’t have the same security asset allocation as a current president or even vice president. So his security concerns are justified.

Reactions: Pilgrim

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are reasons Trump's rallies have been generally smaller than Harris's. Security concerns are not one of them. Had they been, Trump might have said so when Harris commented about his rally size during the debate, and Trump responded with his lies and rant.
That doesn’t sound like a bright idea:
Throwing his security detail that tries to protect him under the bus in front of millions of people.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The List Continues to Grow

The list of notable Republicans endorsing Harris continues to grow. This time, 111 former national security officials are saying they'll vote for Harris.

A handful of these have become hundreds, and the hundreds will likely become thousands if that number has not yet been hit. Each of them is influential in their circle of friends and colleagues. Advantage Harris.

Reactions: Ragman