June Location with banter

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Yep. They called.this morning the van was all done. They said the reason that our ac was not working is that the fan was not working. We are going to pick it up on Monday. Got a lot of things going on down here.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep. They called.this morning the van was all done. They said the reason that our ac was not working is that the fan was not working. We are going to pick it up on Monday. Got a lot of things going on down here.

I saw you guys rolling on I-75 south in Kentucky the other night. The stripe really stands out! :p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Exact problem with mine too...we are both lucky we did not blow out an AC line...they are expensive.... $240 bucks for a hose????:eek:

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
We had the brake and power steering fluid flushed, the bearings repacked, the pads and rotars replaces, all the pulleys changed, the electric fan, and the rental. Only going to be $1600!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We had the brake and power steering fluid flushed, the bearings repacked, the pads and rotars replaces, all the pulleys changed, the electric fan, and the rental. Only going to be $1600!

sounds like you got some kind of a deal?....good you getting this work done whilst it is a wee bit slow...you'll be ready should we get a burst of business....

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
The dealer down here always works with us on pricing. Whether it be ordering parts through a corp. Account for discounts, they discount our fluids or labor.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Taking the day off here...going to make some creamed cukes and barbequed wings..pick up a bit of my mess from the week and then just lay out on my sundrenched lawn and read a book and drink iced tea and play with the cats...:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Taking the day off here...going to make some creamed cukes and barbequed wings..pick up a bit of my mess from the week and then just lay out on my sundrenched lawn and read a book and drink iced tea and play with the cats...:)

That sounds great..wish I were there....maybe the counter tops will come in early.....:D

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Truck is completed. Not sure where we are going now. Currently in Moses Lake, WA.

Frankie had told us we had a local run here in WA for Monday, but we don't know where it starts from. Called dispatch and they are not aware of what Frankie had going. So we are going to go find some place to hang out for awhile. Never been here so thought we would explore some.

Again if you ever need big truck repairs, all diesel engines, the service is great here! Western Peterbuilt, Moses Lake, WA.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Got into Louisville and my delivery 44.5 early....the earliest Ican deliver is Sunday Night at 2330....:rolleyes: i need a babysitter for this freight!!! I want to go "Karaoke'n!!! :eek:

I think we need a "Outdoor Karaoke Party" fri or sat night at the Expo!!!! :)

Last edited:

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
At Soap Lake RV Resort, in Soap Lake, WA. Very peaceful and green, mountains and a lake to look at. Much better than a truck stop!:) Had steak cooked on the fire pit! Nice night.

Trying to get used to sun setting at midnite though, lol.

Last edited:

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At the Load 1 yard...Had a great time last night at the Load 1 golf tournament at the Lakes of Taylor...good food and drinks..got to meet some customers and party with some of the load 1 family....thanks John and Gretta for a fun night..sure helps getting out of the truck.
Now I need to go up to dispatch and check on Jeremy as he really had a good time last night...lol..

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Down here.in FL. Nick helped.move.our friend this morning. We pick up the van in the morning and then back to working hard until the expo!

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Packing up and doing an inspection on the truck. Met a nice couple here at the camp ground. I never knew anything about Soap Lake. They come here with four 5 gallon jugs and take some of the water from the lake home with them. The lke has healing powers for any skin ailments. She said she has heard it is also good for arthritis. We walked out into the lake and it does feel very soapy. She said that it was very popular in the 20'k but popularity faded after depression and never came back.

We have a load to pick up in Kent, WA tomorrow and then deliver to Moses Lake, WA tomorrow afternoon. So we are going to head toward Kent today. We want to find a TA and have a PM done on the truck.

After delivery, I think we will come back here to Soap Lake and stay till the next run. Cost us $24.50 to park here, stay the night, enjoy lake, pool, hot tub, camp fire and shower. Have to pay the washing machine monster though to wash the clothes. We did pay for firewood.
Nice relaxing way to wait for a run order from the great dispatch department of Load 1.

Seeing all the motorcycles go by is making us long for our bikes though.
Have a great Sunday everyone!
And Happy Birthday Ray

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mr Snappy must still be sleeping last night off...and Wombat is here as well....looks like a straight convention....at least it is not so humid and there is a breeze here...

and whats this thing you all talk about....whats a load?....LOL

Update:

Mr Snappy is alive and well and the Ohio Kid is here...prolly doing dinner tonight....

Last edited: