June Location with banter

rfields200

Seasoned Expediter
Packing up and doing an inspection on the truck. Met a nice couple here at the camp ground. I never knew anything about Soap Lake. They come here with four 5 gallon jugs and take some of the water from the lake home with them. The lke has healing powers for any skin ailments. She said she has heard it is also good for arthritis. We walked out into the lake and it does feel very soapy. She said that it was very popular in the 20'k but popularity faded after depression and never came back.

We have a load to pick up in Kent, WA tomorrow and then deliver to Moses Lake, WA tomorrow afternoon. So we are going to head toward Kent today. We want to find a TA and have a PM done on the truck.

After delivery, I think we will come back here to Soap Lake and stay till the next run. Cost us $24.50 to park here, stay the night, enjoy lake, pool, hot tub, camp fire and shower. Have to pay the washing machine monster though to wash the clothes. We did pay for firewood.
Nice relaxing way to wait for a run order from the great dispatch department of Load 1.

Seeing all the motorcycles go by is making us long for our bikes though.
Have a great Sunday everyone!
And Happy Birthday Ray

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App
sounds like you guys are on vacation instead of working, Tough job huh?

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
sounds like you guys are on vacation instead of working, Tough job huh?

It feels like we are on vacation. It feels nice to relax. The weather is supposed to a change for bad though so maybe we won't be going back tomorrow night.

We are very glad we took the run to Washington State. Very pretty here. We have no worries about getting a run out of here either.

After a hard push to get here it feels good to relax!
Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Morning all..:D

Waiting to "see" Ken on Fleetvision and for the fellow to come measure the kitchen floor for my new tiles...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey they changed that "Stripe"...:D

When I met up with Todd the other day I told him he was due for the big Logo's....:D

Went to Ford last night at 2330 to unload...nope they wouldn't take it..protect time was noon monday...:mad:

Dropped at 0815...would have been 3rd in Louisville. so I am headin to Walton Ky...maybe up to Florence later tonight for dinner if dispatch doesnt get me loaded today....

Got to try and get home by fri, my wife and daughter are headin to FLA for a week of "fun in the sun" and "girls" bonding" in the sands of Cocoa Beach....they leave sunday...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey they changed that "Stripe"...:D

When I met up with Todd the other day I told him he was due for the big Logo's....:D

Went to Ford last night at 2330 to unload...nope they wouldn't take it..protect time was noon monday...:mad:

Dropped at 0815...would have been 3rd in Louisville. so I am headin to Walton Ky...maybe up to Florence later tonight for dinner if dispatch doesnt get me loaded today....

Got to try and get home by fri, my wife and daughter are headin to FLA for a week of "fun in the sun" and "girls" bonding" in the sands of Cocoa Beach....they leave sunday...

That place is usually good to us....maybe it was the driver?:p

seems Todd got an email from John to remind him of the decals as well....LOL....

Oh...did you make them calls? re: expo

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
And I have to add they are very honest here. We had left cash sitting on the dash on tue drivers side by accident, and it was all still there when we got it back.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And I have to add they are very honest here. We had left cash sitting on the dash on tue drivers side by accident, and it was all still there when we got it back.

Thats refreshing....Tell Nick his resonator is with Angie...

Chef...your pickles are here for you as well....just leave the empties...:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Made 2 calls over the weekend, and will make a few more this week. The slicer shouldn't be a problem...the other, it all depends on my "charm"....:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Almost done painting the kitchen..using a sage green which is really popping with the oak cabinets..

Next step is the floor guy...then Ken'll be home with the rest of the cabinets and the custom counter tops and install them..

then our trim man will be in to put in the baseboards, reverse a kitchen door and put up the moulding and trim. THe PLAN is too have it all done before the grandkids get here...*keeping my fingers crossed*!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Got to the "J" in walton Ky and took a shower and spent the day there waitin for dispatch to get me loaded....At the T/A in Florence KY now...thinkin i'll be going to dinner in a bit...then come back here and get the ac unit in the window and the generator up and runnin for the night...