June Location with banter

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Top of the morning everyone! Just sitting here enjoying a cool pretty morning, my coffee and my freshly painted kitchen. It's just 64 degrees right now with a gentle breeze..can I send some anyone's way? :)

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
got back to the T/A in Florence Ky after dinner last night and spent some time talkin to Nick & Jenny's friends (hubby & wife, I forget their names) from the Fed in a short sprinter, we had dinner togethr down in Laredo over easter...and then another Load 1 team sprinter pulled in, It was Ed & Sharon..I met them down in Cottondale the 1st time i went down there..they were with E-1 after bein at Bolt for a yr or so..LOL..after see'in my numbers, they nagged Brian to put their Sprinter on, They have been with Load 1 for 4 months...anyhow sat with them until midnight 30...went to bed and low and behold, Karen called with a load 2 miles from the TA goin to Fletcher NC..a real HEAVY load...ok no problem...then i get to the pu and they want to just toss in 7 more pieces at 500 extra lbs....ahhh no..let me call....Thanks Crissy!!! The rate increase was great!!!

So as i was gettin ready to leave the TA...Ed & Sharon get a run real close to the TA goin back to Taylor....cool...NOW..there were 4-5 sprinters and another 2-3 CV sittin there waitin for loads all from different carriers, big mid and small carriers....they are still sittin as Load 1 dispatch got us movin!!!

Thanks Dispatch for the GREAT job you all do!!! It is appreciated...:)

So now i am loded with my original load..but waitin on the extra...they went to lunch.....union shop....:rolleyes:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
got back to the T/A in Florence Ky after dinner last night and spent some time talkin to Nick & Jenny's friends (hubby & wife, I forget their names) from the Fed in a short sprinter, we had dinner togethr down in Laredo over easter...and then another Load 1 team sprinter pulled in, It was Ed & Sharon..I met them down in Cottondale the 1st time i went down there..they were with E-1 after bein at Bolt for a yr or so..LOL..after see'in my numbers, they nagged Brian to put their Sprinter on, They have been with Load 1 for 4 months...anyhow sat with them until midnight 30...went to bed and low and behold, Karen called with a load 2 miles from the TA goin to Fletcher NC..a real HEAVY load...ok no problem...then i get to the pu and they want to just toss in 7 more pieces at 500 extra lbs....ahhh no..let me call....Thanks Crissy!!! The rate increase was great!!!

So as i was gettin ready to leave the TA...Ed & Sharon get a run real close to the TA goin back to Taylor....cool...NOW..there were 4-5 sprinters and another 2-3 CV sittin there waitin for loads all from different carriers, big mid and small carriers....they are still sittin as Load 1 dispatch got us movin!!!

Thanks Dispatch for the GREAT job you all do!!! It is appreciated...:)

So now i am loded with my original load..but waitin on the extra...they went to lunch.....union shop....:rolleyes:

gotta love that hurry up and wait stuff..*LOL*

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
We met Don and Gail at the expo two years ago and got them into expeditiiing.

Currently we are sitting in Jacksonville at the TA. Got a call last night for Miami to Detroit but it didn't end up going through.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
After waitin over 75 minutes, they pulled the add-on from me and sent me on my way...noy only lost the time, but a real nice increase in the rate...oh well...

Thats their names! Don and Gail!! Hey they are real happy at the FED....:rolleyes::D

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a great time this weekend at the yard.got to go to the Load 1 Golf outing and meet some customers and party with some of the disp and people in the office..Thanks John AND Gretta for a good time..it sure helps getting out of the truck.
Then Sunday spent the day with TJ And Ken..[OVM]..Had dinner with them..Then Ziggy showed up and stayed up way to late talking..always good to see everyone.
did a load monday morning down to Lagrange,GA That kicked my but..
time for a nap will have my hours back at 1600 and ready to roll
FYI...THE DOT blitz is in full swing down south..the DOT is set up in the rest area crossing into Alabama....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here is Spartanburg SC just found a Wally World...on my way over there, a whole 1.4 miles....IF only I'd turned left instead of right off the highway to begin with....LOL

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Here is Spartanburg SC just found a Wally World...on my way over there, a whole 1.4 miles....IF only I'd turned left instead of right off the highway to begin with....LOL

reminds me of that Clint Eastwood movie..."Left Turn, Clyde!"

Just picked a couple french breakfast radishes and a sprig of dill..oh gee..whatever will I do with them?:confused:

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
In Federal Way, WA, going out on a very long run tomorrow.

Gotta love dispatch!! Great job Frankie, thank you!

We had a run that took us from Cleveland, OH to Bremerton,WA. It was supposed to deliver last Friday. We broke down 230 miles away. The customer was unable to wait for us to get the truck repaired, since it would be about 4 or 5 pm the next day before it would be completed, and we were still 230 miles away. So the customer sent another truck to meet us at the repair shop to pick up the freight from us.

We borrowed a pick up from the owner of the repair shop to go and pick up a part that was needed to fix our truck. If we hadn't gone after it, the truck would not have been fixed until Tuesday. The part was only 70 miles away so thankfully the owner agreed to let us go get it with his vehicle. Both where the part was and the shop we were at, were closing at this time as well. So the shop where the part was set the part under a bush for us to pick up.

The truck was completed Saturday, we spent the night at Soap Lake, WA. Was very nice to not have to stay in a truck stop for a change. We got a run to pick up in Kent, WA to pick up on Monday. We went to the TA, in North Bend, WA Sunday night to be closer to the pick up and to get PM done to the truck. Had all the light bulbs checked as well on the truck, and the APU serviced. They didn't have the correct oil filter for our truck, so the oil didn't get changed. The TA was over crowded by 3pm MT, it was crazy. It was very hard to find parking.

We made it to the pick up point an hour early. The load was not there. We were told it may still be in Chicago. They were expecting a truck in at 10am MT that it was supposed to be on, but it wasn't showing up on their manifest that it was on that truck. So we waited till the truck arrived and was unloaded to be sure the load wasn't there. So it became a Dry Run.

We were predispatched for another run that was supposed to pick up in Seattle on Wed. morning. So we contacted Frankie at dispatch to confirm the idea of us putting our truck at another shop and have the oil changed there and us renting a car and a hotel for the night. We would go and tour in Seattle. Frankie said sounds great go ahead. So we did.

In the morning Caron calls and the Dry Run Load was now where we were to pick it up the day bfore and we were being asked to do the run we were supposed to do the day before. I explained to Caren that the truck was at the shop and that we told them when we dropped it off, they could have it all day.

After talking to Caren, the three of decided to try and get the truck back early to try and get the run done for the customer.
For some reason repair shops don't stock the oil filter we need. The repair shop said they wouldn't have the filter until after lunch and it would late in the afternoon until it was ready to leave the shop. We now carry an extra oil filter on the truck fr our PM services.

So unfortunately we were unable to do the run for the customer. We felt bad, that we weren't able to.

We did go downtown Seattle and toured the Pine Street Market. That was a very long day, but we had a good time. It rained on and off.

So now we are in Federal Way, WA. at Ernie's Truck Stop, awaiting to go on our long predispatched run that Frankie was able to get for us.

We are very glad we came to Washington State. We had a great few days. We pushed hard to get here and the exit run we will be pushing hard again, but we got to play in between.

Our new run leaves for Seattle, WA to Quincy, WA to San Clara, CA, to San Antonio, TX to Melrose Park, IL, to Lockbourne, OH. tomorrow morning. That is 6 miles of dead head and 4327 Loaded Miles. We are due into Lockbourne, OH on Wed. the 16th at 6 am.

So we will be pushing hard and it will make for a great week.
Thank you again Load One! You are great at keeping your drivers moving and we appreciate it!

Thanks for the Washington State experience also!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

guido4475

Not a Member
In Federal Way, WA, going out on a very long run tomorrow.

Gotta love dispatch!! Great job Frankie, thank you!

We had a run that took us from Cleveland, OH to Bremerton,WA. It was supposed to deliver last Friday. We broke down 230 miles away. The customer was unable to wait for us to get the truck repaired, since it would be about 4 or 5 pm the next day before it would be completed, and we were still 230 miles away. So the customer sent another truck to meet us at the repair shop to pick up the freight from us.

We borrowed a pick up from the owner of the repair shop to go and pick up a part that was needed to fix our truck. If we hadn't gone after it, the truck would not have been fixed until Tuesday. The part was only 70 miles away so thankfully the owner agreed to let us go get it with his vehicle. Both where the part was and the shop we were at, were closing at this time as well. So the shop where the part was set the part under a bush for us to pick up.

The truck was completed Saturday, we spent the night at Soap Lake, WA. Was very nice to not have to stay in a truck stop for a change. We got a run to pick up in Kent, WA to pick up on Monday. We went to the TA, in North Bend, WA Sunday night to be closer to the pick up and to get PM done to the truck. Had all the light bulbs checked as well on the truck, and the APU serviced. They didn't have the correct oil filter for our truck, so the oil didn't get changed. The TA was over crowded by 3pm MT, it was crazy. It was very hard to find parking.

We made it to the pick up point an hour early. The load was not there. We were told it may still be in Chicago. They were expecting a truck in at 10am MT that it was supposed to be on, but it wasn't showing up on their manifest that it was on that truck. So we waited till the truck arrived and was unloaded to be sure the load wasn't there. So it became a Dry Run.

We were predispatched for another run that was supposed to pick up in Seattle on Wed. morning. So we contacted Frankie at dispatch to confirm the idea of us putting our truck at another shop and have the oil changed there and us renting a car and a hotel for the night. We would go and tour in Seattle. Frankie said sounds great go ahead. So we did.

In the morning Caron calls and the Dry Run Load was now where we were to pick it up the day bfore and we were being asked to do the run we were supposed to do the day before. I explained to Caren that the truck was at the shop and that we told them when we dropped it off, they could have it all day.

After talking to Caren, the three of decided to try and get the truck back early to try and get the run done for the customer.
For some reason repair shops don't stock the oil filter we need. The repair shop said they wouldn't have the filter until after lunch and it would late in the afternoon until it was ready to leave the shop. We now carry an extra oil filter on the truck fr our PM services.

So unfortunately we were unable to do the run for the customer. We felt bad, that we weren't able to.

We did go downtown Seattle and toured the Pine Street Market. That was a very long day, but we had a good time. It rained on and off.

So now we are in Federal Way, WA. at Ernie's Truck Stop, awaiting to go on our long predispatched run that Frankie was able to get for us.

We are very glad we came to Washington State. We had a great few days. We pushed hard to get here and the exit run we will be pushing hard again, but we got to play in between.

Our new run leaves for Seattle, WA to Quincy, WA to San Clara, CA, to San Antonio, TX to Melrose Park, IL, to Lockbourne, OH. tomorrow morning. That is 6 miles of dead head and 4327 Loaded Miles. We are due into Lockbourne, OH on Wed. the 16th at 6 am.

So we will be pushing hard and it will make for a great week.
Thank you again Load One! You are great at keeping your drivers moving and we appreciate it!

Thanks for the Washington State experience also!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

That is awesome dispatching! Another example that Load One kicks some major ***.It is picking up for me, and improving week by week.Alot of loads are loads that I could not do in my old van.Such a blessing!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is awesome dispatching! Another example that Load One kicks some major ***.It is picking up for me, and improving week by week.Alot of loads are loads that I could not do in my old van.Such a blessing!

I think you are getting it....LOL size matters.....:p

Boy Fedex is slow....that is my sump pump...

Jun 7, 2011 9:18 PM
Departed FedEx location

HENDERSON, CO

Jun 7, 2011 6:48 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
HENDERSON, CO

Jun 4, 2011 4:48 AM
In transit
CHAMPAIGN, IL

Jun 4, 2011 2:39 AM
Left FedEx origin facility
LA GRANGE, IL​

Last edited:

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Scheduled delivery is June 9th....from Henderson it'll go to Rapid City...then be transferred to Fedex Express cuzz they don't have a Ground contractor in Rapid YET...

That's what happens when you live in the boondocks! Lol Everything is done by carrier pigeon :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's what happens when you live in the boondocks! Lol Everything is done by carrier pigeon :)

Hey I ordered special order counter tops in the S. Falls last week at Home Depot....to ship them to my house the driver contractor wanted...... get this....$4.39 a mile....:eek:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Hey I ordered special order counter tops in the S. Falls last week at Home Depot....to ship them to my house the driver contractor wanted...... get this....$4.39 a mile....:eek:

We quoted it high for Guido to haul them to you.