June Location with banter

guido4475

Not a Member
He was nicer than the rude person I had this morning. I cant get in the shipping door because it's locked so I watch the forklift operator through the window ( a very large window) make eye contact with me quickly then look away as if i am not there and he didn't see me. He proceeds to change the propane on the forklift all the while about 15 minutes goes by and he walks away. So I go find another door about 50 feet down walk in, stay on the yellow safety line, with my safety glassed, on and proceed to the shipping office. When this guy ( the same forklift operator) jumps out from behind some material and chews my behind for "touring" the plant!!!!!!!!!! Took everything I had not to say 1 word and smile, in fact I think it bothered him more that I just smiled at him....,, lol I hope he choked on his lunch!

Oh yeah I'm at home running locals this week. Daughter graduates Friday and her party is Sunday!

Kindness and being proactive instead of being reactive is so much more effective in a situation like this, thowing them for a complete loop....Refusing to participate in their pity party..leaves them speechless, not knowing what to say, or how to react to it.I love doing that!

guido4475

Not a Member
Hey Guido....Ken's on the way out to take back his loads...*LOL*

I have warned him, in a nice way, that if this happens, my Italian ancestors from NYC will be reached out to to make sure this does not happen....lol:eek:

Having a great 3 weeks in a row, and it feels so darn good!Patience, faith, prayer, and persitance pays off!! Now it is catch up time!!

guido4475

Not a Member
Morning coffee here in Mitchell SD....did not need heat on last night...amazing what 350 miles can do weather wise...starting to feel that humidity tho as I get further east....

Guido's in Laredo sweating it out....in the DRY heat....LOL

Ya know,it's kinda funny you should mention that, as I was thinking about that the other day, remembering as I started out in this newer van 3 weeks ago, asking God,to keep me from the heat so I dont have to idle the van to stay cool...Laredo was the first time I had to do that...not bad, I thought...Thankful.It cost me right around $2.40 an hour in gas to idle it down there, far more expensive than a room, but cash flow is at a minimum right now, until things get caught up.It wasnt as bad as I had thought it was going to be, especially in this van, un insulated.The roof was like a frying pan, couldnt even touch it! And, yes, Ken,I weighed the van, and added only 320 # of belongings, accessories, etc to it, and am looking to thin that out even more...cut down by half compared to the other van..

guido4475

Not a Member
In Albert Lea now....will stay here till tomorrow night then if nothing comes my way, will troll towards Taylor for Monday to get QC replaced...

My scanner quit working, makes a buzzing noise like a beehive! I'm not breaking this lucky streak with work over a scanner, fax machine will work just fine!!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Got bored last evening in Statesville NC,was2nd out behind TJ, so i went down to Rock hill SC where TJ was and we went out and ate Chicken wings and sang Karaoke!!! :D

So before the night is over we both get dispatched...I am at the PU in Easley SC (110 mile DH, had to leave at 0400 to get here) deliver to Kentucky (ford) Truck in Louisville..and Joe did good on the rate....makes a ok wekk end good..Thanks Joe and dispatch....:)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ya know,it's kinda funny you should mention that, as I was thinking about that the other day, remembering as I started out in this newer van 3 weeks ago, asking God,to keep me from the heat so I dont have to idle the van to stay cool...Laredo was the first time I had to do that...not bad, I thought...Thankful.It cost me right around $2.40 an hour in gas to idle it down there, far more expensive than a room, but cash flow is at a minimum right now, until things get caught up.It wasnt as bad as I had thought it was going to be, especially in this van, un insulated.The roof was like a frying pan, couldnt even touch it! And, yes, Ken,I weighed the van, and added only 320 # of belongings, accessories, etc to it, and am looking to thin that out even more...cut down by half compared to the other van..

Congrats on the good weeks and keeping the access weight down in the van. Not only lets you haul more it takes less fuel to move it down the road.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Congrats on the good weeks and keeping the access weight down in the van. Not only lets you haul more it takes less fuel to move it down the road.

It is amazing the "junk" we carry around because we might need it someday....LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Joe just called and said to bring it in.....I'll wait the day here in the Chicago area to see if something comes up....if not I'll stroll to the "Yard".....

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Joe just called and said to bring it in.....I'll wait the day here in the Chicago area to see if something comes up....if not I'll stroll to the "Yard".....

Sure am glad for EO...without that satellite pinging you I have no idea where my hubby is...:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I need a Canadian Pepsi!....it is watered down....down here...very little fizzz and goes flat real quick....wait...that matches the economy down here....LOL