August locations.... Here come the dog days

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
It cancelled. Broker posted it backwards. And he's one if the most honest brokers I work with so I believe him. But thank you for the offer!!

I'll probably get stuck at The Detroiter.
I did bring a few movies with me.
Maybe it's a Fight Club night!! Or even more appropriately, 8 Mile!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How could anyone afford to sit 26 days without any income? It costs money just to sit, plus after 2-3 days I'd DH the heck out of there. Every time I've ever been stuck in Laredo, I DH over to Houston and have always gotten out within 24 hours.

There is more to that 26 day record then what can be typed or should be typed here....

I see it soooo much...some of you guys take that long one into Laredo rolling the dice you'll get out within a reasonable time and it doesn't always work out....and ya sit.....all I can say is....be prepared....and really think about your load acceptance...it is the old saying if you can't afford to lose....don't gamble....

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Bill says I need to hit the Huddle House. I don't think I've ever had it. I grew up on Waffle House.

Huddle House was created by 2 former execs at Waffle House! Menu is pretty much the same!
Oh how I wished that when FJ have up the restaurants, waffle or huddle house had taken over instead of Denny's

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It cancelled. Broker posted it backwards. And he's one if the most honest brokers I work with so I believe him. But thank you for the offer!!

I'll probably get stuck at The Detroiter.
I did bring a few movies with me.
Maybe it's a Fight Club night!! Or even more appropriately, 8 Mile!!

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! The one rule of fight club is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! The one rule of fight club is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

True. I'm in Detroit (Dearborn).
I think that Fight Club is in order tonight.
Just need to locate a decent truck stop. I'm not sure the odds are with me at Lowes, HD or Walmart here.
I'd hate to drive all the way back down to The Detroiter. But there's so many vanners there we could do one of those "movie in the park" nights!! LOL!!

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
dropped in York no layover pay this time unloaded and got online just in time to snag a Columbus, OH to Memphis, TN in the morning for a quick grand. a little short on pay a little long on deadhead but it beats sitting half a day tomorrow waiting. and at least I know I will be empty for Friday morning.

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
dropped in York no layover pay this time unloaded and got online just in time to snag a Columbus, OH to Memphis, TN in the morning for a quick grand. a little short on pay a little long on deadhead but it beats sitting half a day tomorrow waiting. and at least I know I will be empty for Friday morning.

Hey if it works, go with it!