August locations.... Here come the dog days

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
south Alabama to York pa 1059 loaded miles $2100 plus $175 per day while I wait to be unloaded.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
You're not even loaded for Tennessee yet how do you know you're going to get it off tonight to be able do the other one?

Lol!! TN & TN to Cincinnati & MI. Loaded now. Arrive tonight. Sleep. Drop Smyrna 05:00, if not able tonight. Pick in Dickson immediately following. Pick in Nashville immediately after that. Both brokers blessing on the hitchhiker. Drop Cincy direct. Drop MI Thursday AM.

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
Mama said there would be days like this. Picking up load at 8 am this morning here in Laredo only to be told our 1 pallet weighing 700 pounds was running a little late. After waiting 10 hours it finally arrived but was 7 pallets weighing 8,000 pounds. Long story short; no run to Indiana. I just don't see how communication or lack thereof can be so bad!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Cheaper than two trucks. You're was probably there the whole time. Although you'd think if that was the case they would have said "¡¡oops, lo siento mucho senior!!

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Mama said there would be days like this. Picking up load at 8 am this morning here in Laredo only to be told our 1 pallet weighing 700 pounds was running a little late. After waiting 10 hours it finally arrived but was 7 pallets weighing 8,000 pounds. Long story short; no run to Indiana. I just don't see how communication or lack thereof can be so bad!

Oh trust me its very easy especially on the border!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
A Habit is very hard to get rid of.
Because if you remove the H, abit remains,
If you remove the A, bit is still there,
If you remove the B....it is still there...
To totally remove a Habit... you need to whittle it away slowly... but you must remove all of IT!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In Troy Mi. for long overdue van work...brakes all around this will only be the 2nd set on rear in 800,000 miles and 3rd set on front...not too shabby...new front struts,
tranny and rear end service...hmmmm that sounds kinky...L
and see if they'll change out customer supplied pulleys/tensioner and belt

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
In Troy Mi. for long overdue van work...brakes all around this will only be the 2nd set on rear in 800,000 miles and 3rd set on front...not too shabby...new front struts,
tranny and rear end service...hmmmm that sounds kinky...L
and see if they'll change out customer supplied pulleys/tensioner and belt

A visit to the "Sprinter Doctor" is always a good thing!