August locations.... Here come the dog days

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Have the expansion valves been replaced?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Not lately and I have mentioned that to 3 different shops and the just sort of ignore what I am telling them. I did have a pressure switch replaced, but I too believe it is the expansion valve. MAYBE the next shop will have their heads out in the sunshine and ears open and they will listen to what I am telling them. I somehow doubt it but stranger things have happened.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not lately and I have mentioned that to 3 different shops and the just sort of ignore what I am telling them. I did have a pressure switch replaced, but I too believe it is the expansion valve. MAYBE the next shop will have their heads out in the sunshine and ears open and they will listen to what I am telling them. I somehow doubt it but stranger things have happened.
Just walk in and TELL them to change expansion valve and wave your money around....

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
DH to Columbia SC after FL. Sit two an half days and got a run picking up in Summerville SC to Gainesville Ga. Now sitting in Carnesville GA and got pre dispatch for Mon to Westminster SC to Columbia SC.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
DH to Columbia SC after FL. Sit two an half days and got a run picking up in Summerville SC to Gainesville Ga. Now sitting in Carnesville GA and got pre dispatch for Mon to Westminster SC to Columbia SC.

Slowly going to work your way back to California! LOL

I'm stuck in Fargo this weekend. Got a room for tonight, I need a break!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I will tell the next shop. I told this one I thought it was that valve and they ignored it.

The AC was done in June of 2012 and both the expansion valves were replaced, the new ones didn't make it a year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Have you had the thing to an a/c shop instead of just a general shop !!!!

We are having some problems with ours also blows cold then decreases, sometimes doesn't come back till we turn system off and on or turn on engine fan. I've checked the expansion valves when it does this and they aren't froze up on the outside and it is full of freon and the dryer doesn't freeze either. Very intermittent problem that is curable for the time being till I get home. Also have a whine out of The a/c you can hear running down the road when the compressor kicks on and out. The compressor has a new clutch on it so that not the problem. I'm thinking the pressure valve inside is malfunctioning and causing the issue but we wil see in a week when we get home. We'll just baby it till then cause it works fine when we keep an eye on it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have you had the thing to an a/c shop instead of just a general shop !!!!

We are having some problems with ours also blows cold then decreases, sometimes doesn't come back till we turn system off and on or turn on engine fan. I've checked the expansion valves when it does this and they aren't froze up on the outside and it is full of freon and the dryer doesn't freeze either. Very intermittent problem that is curable for the time being till I get home. Also have a whine out of The a/c you can hear running down the road when the compressor kicks on and out. The compressor has a new clutch on it so that not the problem. I'm thinking the pressure valve inside is malfunctioning and causing the issue but we wil see in a week when we get home. We'll just baby it till then cause it works fine when we keep an eye on it.

I am thinking a dash cam placed under the hood....so you could watch that belt blow off.....because ya never know....

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cha Ching 3rd load of the week! Stick that in your pipe.... bolt guy....lol

Isn t it time 4 you to go home yet.....I mean you doing 3 loads in a week .....you ll need the rest...and John needs a break from. .......lol

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Isn t it time 4 you to go home yet.....I mean you doing 3 loads in a week .....you ll need the rest...and John needs a break from. .......lol

Go Back to the bolt office where they love you!!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I m home at my favorite fishing hole.... .:p

cn_image_0.size.fish-and-chips-british-food.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Spent the day visiting Mrs. Layoutshooter's family here in Louisiana. LOTS of people, LOTS of food and LOTS of love. FINE DAY. Too bad it had to end. Her entire family ALWAYS made me feel, comfortable. Nothing more needs said.