August locations.... Here come the dog days

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm so giddy I can hardly contain myself, there's freight in my truck!! I'm at the Bloomsburg, PA TA for the night.

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
Good news: met ScottInBama. Sounds like a good guy; also met his lovely wife & cute dog.

Bad news. He and I are two of 18 vans at just this truckstop. Can't nap in van, either, 'cos it's 99*.

Lord help us....
Pleasure meeting xmudman (Harry). I knew it had to be someone intelligent when I spotted the "Expediters Online "" logo sticker on rear bumper. Welcome to Laredo my friend! Super nice guy!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ole Sprinterson, dat dare van uf yurs mus be Norvegian instead of Yerman, ya. Wow, 800,000 miles. That's like almost 1.3 million Canadien or 32 times around the Earth at the equator. Very impressive. 2½ or so years to the one million mile mark? Go for it!
I will be going for it....:)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks Scott! Next time I come to Laredo, I hope it ain't 99* @ 2200 :banghead:

Uh ohhhh.....And I just turned down an offer to get the AC fixed [long story]. If it's that hot, don't look for my EO bumpersticker at the truckstop, I'll be splurging on some indoor plumbing & cable tv!
And air conditioning.
;)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are in the great state of Louisiana. We pick up here Monday heading for GA. Mrs. Layoutshooter has family all over the area, SO, we are having a fine weekend visit family and enjoying multiple home cooked meals. Last night it was catfish, shrimp coleslaw and hushpuppies, OH MY! It was not your truckstop's meal!

It was a wonderful evening, surrounded by tons of kids and fabulous "noise".

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
overcast here in Gardendale Alabama....August has been weirdly cooler this year....who killed the dog?....:p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
man you be messin with that forever....

So far NO shop will look at the problem the correct way. They want to look at it when it is cool, the thing cuts out when it is hot. The shop this week, road tested it, it cut out, they then parked it for 5 hours and THEN put the gauges on it. By then it was working again. They need to look at it when it is hot. Not one shop has ever listened to what I tell them about it.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
It's 58 degrees here with a 96% humidity with the fog.
By the time it reaches 95 today the humidity will be down to 48.

Don't you just love the way the numbers reverse?:)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
So far NO shop will look at the problem the correct way. They want to look at it when it is cool, the thing cuts out when it is hot. The shop this week, road tested it, it cut out, they then parked it for 5 hours and THEN put the gauges on it. By then it was working again. They need to look at it when it is hot. Not one shop has ever listened to what I tell them about it.

Have the expansion valves been replaced?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
your fishin hole?.....

Oh yea.... watching thses folks get all googly mooogly over Denny's. What ever happen to - go to the yard kill a chicken, while chicken is flopping, go pick some corn, green beans, peas, make a pan of corn bread, fry up chicken and spend time with the family.....

Note to self- skinny gals that are gaining weight, look good for a little while......