August locations.... Here come the dog days

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Kingsland, GA at the EconoLodge next to the Petro.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good late morning everyone. Sitting at the J off of 65 in Ind. Got done with my shorty and got a load couple of hours later from Columbia SC to Goshen IN.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Getting upgrades done should be complete in a few hours. Need a good team Run.
No JYDL. Moms cooken good. Steam cleaned the carpets filled some holes the Minster made. Picked some tomatoes and Sweet Corn and Cucumbers and CallaRabye and a watermellon on the farm.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still in Laredo. Tired of deadheading (2500 of dh during last time out), but hate sitting even worse. Cannot/will not repeat what Todd endured (26 days). What should I do?

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Still in Laredo. Tired of deadheading (2500 of dh during last time out), but hate sitting even worse. Cannot/will not repeat what Todd endured (26 days). What should I do?

Simple. Either stop taking loads to Laredo, or build enough into your run there to be able to run back empty to a productive spot.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Simple. Either stop taking loads to Laredo, or build enough into your run there to be able to run back empty to a productive spot.

This is my first time here. I have the $ to deadhead, I'm just tired of doing it. Besides, I didn't think Laredo would be THIS dead.

Last edited:

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You need 27 for the record, no point in a tie. Yooouuu can doooo iiiiiiit!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'd rather pull one of my own teeth than sit another 21 days in Laredo.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Who and why would anyone sit for 26 days? I'm in Saginaw,mi right now for 12hours and pulling my hair!

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Who and why would anyone sit for 26 days? I'm in Saginaw,mi right now for 12hours and pulling my hair!

How could anyone afford to sit 26 days without any income? It costs money just to sit, plus after 2-3 days I'd DH the heck out of there. Every time I've ever been stuck in Laredo, I DH over to Houston and have always gotten out within 24 hours.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pre dispatched for Friday am. P/U in Regina SK and deliver in Buffalo NY on Monday morning. Rate includes DH pay and layover pay until Friday. Should be home by early am Saturday and head towards Buffalo Sunday evening. Total of 1,690 loaded miles for flat $2,500