September Location

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up in El Paso now sitting near St. Paul for an early AM del. It has been a good couple last weeks, saw Chefdennis a couple times, met rlent and tjpohio and talked to a bunch of other expeditors. Saw a bunch of wildlife in Texas and have had great miles. Even got a new laptop no more posting from my phone like I have been since my last puter broke and it's football season! :D

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I gotta ask.... what kinda costume are ya gonna get?

He could probably get a stewardess outfit. That little cap would fit nicely between his antlers.

Moose, good luck sleeping there! I have tried to sleep a few times in that dirt lot across from American Airlines and the I-90 Oasis on the north side. Too many airplanes.

moose

Veteran Expediter
I gotta ask.... what kinda costume are ya gonna get?

It's funny how the minds played that trick on me...
i was reading the bills , while typing ,
there was some notes to the driver about custom clear freight ...
there you have it , not a typo ...this time...

moose

Veteran Expediter
Moose, good luck sleeping there! I have tried to sleep a few times in that dirt lot across from American Airlines and the I-90 Oasis on the north side. Too many airplanes.

you are correct !!!
i parked just a mil up runway 1028 , just to the west .
i can tell the size of the Aircraft , by the time passed till the next landing .
large airplane create more turbulence behind him , there 4 , more gap needed for the next plane to land .
I wish them all to need the Streaken1 service soon .
Guss it's another Ear plugs night , just like parking next to a reefer ...

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
Nasty? You at the one just outside town west side? Or the one at exit zero..east side.?

I have no idea which one we were at. Hubby was driving and I was in the sleeper. I don't even know where the Petro is. I guess I should go up front more often when he is driving so I know where we are once in a while. lol

We met Highway Star here today and had a nice time talking with him. :)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We met Highway Star here today and had a nice time talking with him. :)

He's still there? I guess if one has their own personal parking area roped off, why not make the most of it. Rumor has it that he gets room service direct to his truck at no extra charge.

Tank you seenior Highway Star for dat most gracious teep.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
cripes what a week!! take truck in . get truck back. fel pro gaskets added to the ford plastic gasket. we will see. cleaning back bedroom for house sitter. laundry, dinner with friends friday, more cleaning,. saturday go to chgo see mom and have b-day meal with navy bound son.wash the van, more cleaning, church, organize truck and grocery shop, in service at 1100 this morning. now time to shower. pee yew glad to get back on the road and rest.:)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Moot, after reading your post I nearly went into my Sally Fields impression and yelled, "You like me! You really like me!!" You don't have to feel too sorry for me though. I was in Laredo when I posted in this thread. I was then back in Laredo again, and now in El Paso. So, I haven't gotten a P.O. box or anything like that, yet.

Inky, nice to meet you guys. Hopefully we're both outta here today. I need to be home Friday night and I'm starting to be concerned about how that's going to happen.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Out here in Sunny ALL DAY CA.

Warm weather by Day and cool breeze by night.

Ran across some friends today in a DR Tractor Trailer Unite
has only 2 Axel on the Tractor and 1 Axel on the Trailer.
By the way I know what your all going to say.
Wrong. You got to Have a Class A to drive the thing. As its a combination. But Because of its size its considered a Super D. Any way Chatted with them a spell.
They are really super nice People.

Going to go work out when the sun sets in the West.

Last edited:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Been to Laredo three times in the las ten days myself. Be there again Wednesday. One trip while I wuz fueling, seen "the" coffee clotch leaving th J in their sun dresses heading for their trucks to type. Wunnerful business, eh??

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
it matters if you are a smoker...the one in town at 0 ya can't smoke....the east side one is just outside the city limits and ya can.....if you get a room inside the limits it is 15% tax outside it is only 7% tax....

Dang you make a good lib....see how you went from subject of nasty to smoking...lol Keep up the good work.....eh? Right out of the blue!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Out here in Sunny ALL DAY CA.

Warm weather by Day and cool breeze by night.

Ran across some friends today in a DR Tractor Trailer Unite
has only one Axel on the Tractor and 1 Axel on the Trailer.
By the way I know what your all going to say.
Wrong. You got to Have a Class A to drive the thing. As its a combination. But Because of its size its considered a Super D. Any way Chatted with them a spell.
They are really super nice People.

Going to go work out when the sun sets in the West.

A one axle tractor, is that kinda like a unicycle? Never seen a truck that didn't have at least two axles, one in the front and one in the back :rolleyes:;)

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back at my favorite J in Montreal. Who knows, if I lose enough oxygen I might get a visit from my pal Andy Ruiney again.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Did 3 short (less then 200 miles) runs in south eastern mich yesterday. Picked up last night in Detroit, delivered to trotwood ohio this morning. Dh'd to the Pilot in south of dayton on 75...got another short run from dayton to greenville ind. At the "J" in Spiceland Ind now....