September Banter & Location

guido4475

Not a Member
Glad you all are runnin strong...Me, I had a great day woth my grandson on his 1st Birthday and then get to watch a bit of the Michigan football game before it was "called" because of bad weather...

Sittin in the recliner watchin the "Knoxville Nationals" on Speed Have to head to home depot and pickup a pair of "stair stringers and hanger brackets so i can "rebuild" the stairs to the deck from the driveway...seems they were "pulled off the deck and are a mess and not real safe....Have a few steaks rubbed in a nice dry rub and will do a late dinner with my wife tonight.

Got laundry to do and some cooking of Road food" for the van all day tomorrow and then take off about 0400 to deliver tues AM, then head for Taylor and hoepfully a nice run to start the week...

Question, does a load that was pu'd on a fri but not delivered until tues because of the holiday go in last week, or is it the start of the new week? The holiday and the tues being the issue...

I would think everything would remain the same, business as usual, as far as pay is concerned.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Wife and I went to the Baltimore Grand Prix yesterday. Very exciting and great people watching.

Turn 1 has been a problem. Saw a 4 car pile up there. On the same race, a driver missed the turn and had to go into the bypass turn 3 laps in a row. Don't think he won! *l* All 27000 grand stand seats were sold out for all three days. Seems like a success.

Headn to Boston and Cape Cod on Tue.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been home recharging the batteries for a few days after being out for a month. Ready for some more running, bring it on :p

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Road time wrote:

Been home recharging the batteries for a few days after being out for a month. Ready for some more running, bring it on

I know what you mean...while we all have the desire and need to be home, it isn't long before you feel the need to "get out on the road".....I woke up at home this morning and my back was killing me, i never wake up with back pain when i sleep in the truck....:eek:

guido4475

Not a Member
Got a burst of energy after dinner tonight...The weather turned nice and cool, breezy..So, I ended up waxing the van, then putting carnuba wax on it, treated the tires, polished the bug shield, changed the oil, greased the front end,the guy who installed the new ball joints last week put the grease fittings in backwards, had to make that right..discovered a loose right front shock mount,checked all fluids...check tire pressures tomorrow morning, and rain-x the windows.I need a life!! Feel like driving, for some reason...lol..

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a burst of energy after dinner tonight...The weather turned nice and cool, breezy..So, I ended up waxing the van, then putting carnuba wax on it, treated the tires, polished the bug shield, changed the oil, greased the front end,the guy who installed the new ball joints last week put the grease fittings in backwards, had to make that right..discovered a loose right front shock mount,checked all fluids...check tire pressures tomorrow morning, and rain-x the windows.I need a life!! Feel like driving, for some reason...lol..

Nothing like a little relaxation lol :)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
well got brisket smoked yesterday along with some pork and chickens cut up that i smoked the day before. smokin a turkey today then all the cookin for the road will be done. got the street patched in friday so i can now park on my new driveway. with any luck and the weather holds up the house should be sided by friday so we can leave on monday. this has been a big project that i will be glad to see finished but the house looks great and is now maintenance free. so nice not to have to worry about paint and staining anymore and the extra room in the garage will be enjoyed. now to finish up and get back out on the road and make some more money. hope you all enjoyed a long weekend.

guido, sounds like you did a good job, mine is in the driveway and needs some attention, how bout it ?????

guido4475

Not a Member
well got brisket smoked yesterday along with some pork and chickens cut up that i smoked the day before. smokin a turkey today then all the cookin for the road will be done. got the street patched in friday so i can now park on my new driveway. with any luck and the weather holds up the house should be sided by friday so we can leave on monday. this has been a big project that i will be glad to see finished but the house looks great and is now maintenance free. so nice not to have to worry about paint and staining anymore and the extra room in the garage will be enjoyed. now to finish up and get back out on the road and make some more money. hope you all enjoyed a long weekend.

guido, sounds like you did a good job, mine is in the driveway and needs some attention, how bout it ?????

Sure! I still have my polishers and the wheels from the old days of polishing the aluminum on my old straight truck....just supply a faithful, trustworthy, knowing how to communicate marriage-minded female co-driver, and we'll call it even!!! :eek: