September Banter & Location

guido4475

Not a Member
Sorry Shadow....did not see ya...I had tunnel vision...had to get to "Timmies"....*LOL*

Looks like a Loooooong 4 days of nuttin for me.....:(..in Nashville Tn for now..

There's a Captain D's and a 24 hour laundromat not too far from the T/A and Love's! lol...The Spaghetti Factory in downtown Nashville is awesome, along with Tootsie's bar and grill on Broadway.Ride in the white horse-drawn carriages...pretty cool! Printer's alley is real cool, also! Alot of nightlife down there...:eek:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
so did they get ya loaded ? myself, enjoyed the day off. had a few on the rocks and put a couple of chickens in the smoker. today gonna smoke a brisket two more chickens and a pork shoulder. might even have a few more on the rocks. kids coming for supper. they turn 28 today. anyone up this way over the long weekend let us know.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
so did they get ya loaded ? myself, enjoyed the day off. had a few on the rocks and put a couple of chickens in the smoker. today gonna smoke a brisket two more chickens and a pork shoulder. might even have a few more on the rocks. kids coming for supper. they turn 28 today. anyone up this way over the long weekend let us know.
Nope not I...Too many trucks around the south...not enough in the north...groan...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like a new microwave is in order...the old el cheapo one went off in a cloud of stinky smoke....over 5 yrs of bouncing around in here...can not complain at that..:D

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up in AL near the Mercedes plant Thursday evening. Delivered in Auburn Hills Friday Morning, did a mac 19 and was the only sprinter in the Detroit area. :eek: Laid down fast to try and get some shut eye, Mike Jr. called about an hour later with one to KY. I was still way to dead to run it for him at that point, needed a little more sleep. About 12 noon C called with one delivering to the Dallas area Tues am. Got it loaded took off for the Ranch to spend a couple days before heading down that way. Phone rings another skid picking up in Howell going to Nashville AL about 200 miles away from the first delivery!

Now home for a couple days then head to Dallas, drop the first load head over and drop the second then maybe right on to Memphis depending on what the QC shows. Had a great week!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I stopped by the J on the way to Cottondale, probably around 2PM or so, but your window coverings were all up, so I headed on down to the delivery. After the drop I went to the TA and slept. In Knoxville now, have a load picking up on Monday going to, of all places, and the first time ever for me, Murray, KY.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That load was easy money...:D....now in Seymour at a Wally World....got my new nuker...just have to anchor this one somehow...

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Jeremy does it again!!!!

Not gonna say where since a lot of cut throat people seem to read this forum. Suffice it to say it's a good one. Holidays are fun.:D

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
I stopped by the J on the way to Cottondale, probably around 2PM or so, but your window coverings were all up, so I headed on down to the delivery. After the drop I went to the TA and slept. In Knoxville now, have a load picking up on Monday going to, of all places, and the first time ever for me, Murray, KY.

I've done that load before.

guido4475

Not a Member
Relocated to Russelville, ark,so I could be #1 out, and in a better area, using the triangulation way of thinking, from Springdale, ark, where I got unloaded at, with that ever so strong smelling 2,800# of fajita seasoning..And the gross smell of chicken guts everywhere at the Tyson plant.Guess I'll change the oil and grease the van tomarrow morning, before it gets hot again.I am really hoping for a load this weekend, but something is telling me different.I sure hope I am wrong in this!

guido4475

Not a Member
That load was easy money...:D....now in Seymour at a Wally World....got my new nuker...just have to anchor this one somehow...

Back in my drunken days, a flashcube plkaced in the nuker was fun, watching all of the different color lighting going everywhere in the microwave.....Cheap entertainment, like sitting in a lawnchair, with a cold one in the hand, watching the bugs get fried in the bugzapper....especially when the big ones caught on fire!:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Glad you all are runnin strong...Me, I had a great day woth my grandson on his 1st Birthday and then get to watch a bit of the Michigan football game before it was "called" because of bad weather...

Sittin in the recliner watchin the "Knoxville Nationals" on Speed Have to head to home depot and pickup a pair of "stair stringers and hanger brackets so i can "rebuild" the stairs to the deck from the driveway...seems they were "pulled off the deck and are a mess and not real safe....Have a few steaks rubbed in a nice dry rub and will do a late dinner with my wife tonight.

Got laundry to do and some cooking of Road food" for the van all day tomorrow and then take off about 0400 to deliver tues AM, then head for Taylor and hoepfully a nice run to start the week...

Question, does a load that was pu'd on a fri but not delivered until tues because of the holiday go in last week, or is it the start of the new week? The holiday and the tues being the issue...