September Banter & Location

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
No Guido, this noise is not late spark , it is internal, bearing, lifter, rocker...it sounds like it is in the lower end of the motor, but it easily can be in the valve train, actually i am hoping it is in the valve train (lifter, rocker arm) a that would be quicker fix then somsthing in the botton end of the motor....find out soon enough, just about to leave to head for the dealer...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Problem resolved....well they had to order a part, but I am back in service...while it sounded internal, it was a broken heat shield mounting bracket that let the shield rattle between the block and the "Y" pipe....

I guess when we depend on these thing for what we do, when we hear something that is out of the norm, we. well i know i do, go straight to the worst case....but I am glad it is minor....

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Had a nice weekend with Nicks friends out in Massachusetts. Didn't win the car but the money went to a great cause. Now we are sitting in Connecticut in service.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a nice weekend with Nicks friends out in Massachusetts. Didn't win the car but the money went to a great cause. Now we are sitting in Connecticut in service.

So on your day off you guys just pop over to Massachusetts? :eek:

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Yup. we got our new rubber and headed for MA. Lol. Nick got to spend time with his old.car.club guys so it was worth it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Problem resolved....well they had to order a part, but I am back in service...while it sounded internal, it was a broken heat shield mounting bracket that let the shield rattle between the block and the "Y" pipe....

I guess when we depend on these thing for what we do, when we hear something that is out of the norm, we. well i know i do, go straight to the worst case....but I am glad it is minor....

all for a .25 cent bolt....lol:D

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Been in service since Thursday afternoon in Laredo. Ran a shorty from Laredo to Laredo Thursday evening...... Not even a load offer since! Man I sure hope something gives real quick.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Been in service since Thursday afternoon in Laredo. Ran a shorty from Laredo to Laredo Thursday evening...... Not even a load offer since! Man I sure hope something gives real quick.

You would not believe how low we are bidding and losing right now. Ridiculous.