September Banter & Location

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
finally got all but a little bit of the house sided and as soon as two windows and a door and the stone come in next week they will come back and finish the project. glad this is almost done been tore up since mid july. got all we need to be here for complete so come monday back to work. we are actually anxious to get going again. things are so much better since we moved to load one it changes the way we think. interested to see where our freight will come from when we go back into service here at the house.

being just 30 mi. north of effingham, il do any of you veteran load one people think we will have to move or will dispatch get us loaded out of the house. 150 from chicago, 138 from st.louis and 125 from indy.

When I was running team I picked up a load half way between you and St Louis that went to Long Beach California

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
600 lbs of Twix and Snicker bars with...CHRISTMAS promotion wrappers no less.....LOL..they are samples for Walmarts in this area....

Now at the J in Carlisle ...surrounded by 3state vans....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in Toledo at 0315....went out OOS and went home...Its a Football weeked for our family... University of Toledo vs Boise St tonight...Michigan vs Eastern tommorrow (no 1 bought the tickets, so we are goin, and a good chance of a local highschool game sat night....:)

Got to love this time of yr...Football, bonfire, hoodies, Chili, good friends and Family!!!!

Be back in service sunday night....:)

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
finally got all but a little bit of the house sided and as soon as two windows and a door and the stone come in next week they will come back and finish the project. glad this is almost done been tore up since mid july. got all we need to be here for complete so come monday back to work. we are actually anxious to get going again. things are so much better since we moved to load one it changes the way we think. interested to see where our freight will come from when we go back into service here at the house.

being just 30 mi. north of effingham, il do any of you veteran load one people think we will have to move or will dispatch get us loaded out of the house. 150 from chicago, 138 from st.louis and 125 from indy.

These are my 2 words of wisdom here at load 1 and something to always remember...
All Loads lead to Taylor
Drop and stop...
I would just sit at the house and enjoy the home time...

guido4475

Not a Member
Howell, Mi, to Cottondale, Al....Vance, Al to Sheperdsville, Ky...Lebanon, Ky, to Lafayette, Ind..All great paying loads! I dont mean to sound stingy, but I am hoping for another decent run over the weekend!! Things are piling up on the van to do list, as well as the bills..But, in time, I know, It will all happen..Loving this cool weather!!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
5 for 5 on the week...just unloaded here in Amsterdam NY...maybe 6 for 6 IF Jeremy is on his game plan...:D

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
These are my 2 words of wisdom here at load 1 and something to always remember...
All Loads lead to Taylor
Drop and stop...
I would just sit at the house and enjoy the home time...

I agree with the dude with the giant flag on his truck! :USA:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
thanks for the advice, we have no intentions of dead heading out of the house empty. never had to before and dont figure we'll have to now. those words of advice pretty well fit us exact. we dont move much on our own dime. theres always freight they can get and manage to get the time to go get it. might as well wait and see if you can get paid to dh versus going on your own dime. most of the time it works out. dispatch has been pretty good with the dh pay, although, so far dh is not an issue. almost non existent, 11% so far. will be good to get back at it monday. need to get back on the road and relax. thought coming home was suppose to be to relax but lately its more relaxing on the road and certainly less stressful.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
thanks for the advice, we have no intentions of dead heading out of the house empty. never had to before and dont figure we'll have to now. those words of advice pretty well fit us exact. we dont move much on our own dime. theres always freight they can get and manage to get the time to go get it. might as well wait and see if you can get paid to dh versus going on your own dime. most of the time it works out. dispatch has been pretty good with the dh pay, although, so far dh is not an issue. almost non existent, 11% so far. will be good to get back at it monday. need to get back on the road and relax. thought coming home was suppose to be to relax but lately its more relaxing on the road and certainly less stressful.

No kidding...LOL should see my honey do list....:eek:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
ya, i forgot you just did a bunch of work @ the house also. oh well, its all worth it in the end. ours looks so much different that when we come home we have to make sure not to just drive on by. especially when the truck is not in the driveway. i will have to post some pics one of these days of the transformation. really is quite cool.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
3 major projects...fertilize and till garden, pull the red potatoes and at least 2 sections of gutter and down pipes to install.......

Walmart time.....BBL

guido4475

Not a Member
Unloaded in Lafayette, Ind, yesterday evening,Came up to the Petro in Remington, Ind, had an awesome dinner! How I miss Petro restaurants, it made me realize just how bad Denny's sucks!!! Moved further north this evening, to the ....Flying pilot at exit 240...Figure it may be a little easier for Jeremy to find that last load for the week..Spent the day going over everything on the van, found a few small things wrong...Missing cotterpin on the lower ball joint that the repair shop never put in when I had them replace them a few weeks ago...Wheel bearings out of adjustment slightly..enjoying the weather, it is so awesome!