September Banter & Location

guido4475

Not a Member
Quite possibly so..Whatever the case,Generator-a/c and heater, It all costs $$...so, it'll have to wait for now..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Dropped in Murray Ky and ran to Paducah...ran into a really bad storm and had to the road for about 5 minutes before i got blown off the road...Finally got to the Pilot and found a great pizza place....you get to Paducah, give it a try:

Pizza By The Pound - Pizza Restaurant - Paducah | Facebook
Wow, talk about off the beaten path. LOL That's a popular local dive. And I do mean dive. Looks like it needs to be set on fire and then bulldozed. But, it's got quite likely the very best pizza I've ever had. It's really that good. They need to open more locations. Being a college town, Murray has 12 or 13 pizza places. A PBTP in town would put half of them out of business.

Did you get that Eight Pounder down in under an hour? :D

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Just got home. It was a great time. The boss had a ball, so I can go back to work. Got a few chores to do around here, top off the fuel in the boat, gonna mount a tv in the Sprinter. The laptop works great, but a bit of a pain in the butt to set it up each time. So off to wally world tomorrow.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Turtle wrote:

Wow, talk about off the beaten path. LOL That's a popular local dive. And I do mean dive. Looks like it needs to be set on fire and then bulldozed. But, it's got quite likely the very best pizza I've ever had. It's really that good.

LOL, yea I found it when I asked a lady at another place where a good place for a pizza was...she sent me there...BUT..lol..a guy sitting there and his GF bith said the same thing..."its a dump"..but the best pizza you will ever have... not sure if it was the best, but it was dang good and i will be back, it is in my GPS favorite places...

Did you get that Eight Pounder down in under an hour?

LOL, I didn't get there until about 2100, I ordered a 10" and took 2 pieces with me...but the honey on the crust was great!!!

LOL, if anyone is a Marilyn Monroe fan, you will enjoy the Decor:)!!!

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
what a week it been the wonders of freight
day 1 nj . no load
day 2 nj no load
day 3 dry run BUT THEN WOW A small one to ohio to get truck out of nj / pa
day 4 cleveland .. 2 non dry runs will wait and see what the remaining week can give me but this is the beauty of this game i would not give it for the world
even missing out on my hotdogs and pancakes wow
lol

wombat

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
phone battery finally died, new one in this am. let me get it charged up and ill ring ya later. got your mssg from other ph but dont have ph # in that one.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
so it was not my phone or my aussie accent but your lousy phone can always get you know like when we were kids two tin cans piece of string and talk lol
wombat

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dropped in Hopkinsville KY about 3 am. At the Oakville J now. The sun has come out and it's turning into a nice day.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
So i have been with Load 1 for just under a year and a half....and today i turned down my 2nd load...i hate doin that but it made no sense....call came at 1030....dh 94 miles, pu at 1830, deliver 270 miles....i just couldn't see sitting all day and possibly miss something in the mean time...

So at 1530, i decided to heck with it, the week hasn't been all that good, might as well end it now, go home, spend the weekend at 2 football games and take care of some other business..

So i fill the truck up and call dispatch...tell Frankie its 252 and he sayes, "I was just going to call you"....he had a Sparta Ill ready now goin to Toledo, Ohio....3 miles from my house....:)

So....away I go...:D

BigWheeler

Seasoned Expediter
We are in S.C. now, got to see my parents before we delivered in Miami the other day. We hunkered down last night on Ga., Fl. border and we saw my sister in-law. Today no family visit just another filter change and wait for load. Can you say hot, mid 90's today but cooler temps on the way according to forecasts. Cool good, Hot bad.:cool:

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Sitting in Laredo...... Hit the lottery with a Laredo to Laredo load........ Holy Smokes did that load pay big$$$$$ and I even delivered it 4 hours early!!!!!!!! Thanks dispatch!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
finally got all but a little bit of the house sided and as soon as two windows and a door and the stone come in next week they will come back and finish the project. glad this is almost done been tore up since mid july. got all we need to be here for complete so come monday back to work. we are actually anxious to get going again. things are so much better since we moved to load one it changes the way we think. interested to see where our freight will come from when we go back into service here at the house.

being just 30 mi. north of effingham, il do any of you veteran load one people think we will have to move or will dispatch get us loaded out of the house. 150 from chicago, 138 from st.louis and 125 from indy.