Russia Invades Ukraine

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The guy is smart.

Hardly.

Some don’t like to hear the unvarnished truth however.

That no doubt is true - and qualifies as an #EPICSELFOWN

:tearsofjoy:

BTW, it’s been reported that Ukraine military isn’t too happy with Biden saying that Kiev is surrounded by Russian tanks.

I doubt that they are giving it much thought right at moment.

More pressing matters likely have their attention occupied.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's certainly the Russian disinformation/agit-prop take on it.

Probably be a good thing to know more of the actual facts surrounding the events that you're referring to ... before commenting further:

Viktor Yanukovych

Revolution of Dignity
You’re saying that it is false?450B1D9E-8B8F-41A3-9687-8A39D51ED7FE.jpeg
Source: Wikipedia

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hardly.

That no doubt is true - and qualifies as an #EPICSELFOWN

I doubt that they are giving it much thought right at moment.

More pressing matters likely have their attention occupied.
Ukraine military said they’re not taking prisoners now. Isn’t that a war crime?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
There is reporting within the last hour that a Romanian Mig-21 is down off the coast of the Black Sea. A Puma rescue helicopter that was sent out has apparently vanished as well.

This is the video that was released in conjunction with that event, no idea as to the veracity of the claim or the exact circumstances surrounding the event:

Romania is a member of NATO, and if this was as a result of hostile RU action it could be a game changer.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Ukraine military said they’re not taking prisoners now.

You got a link to a media source that is reporting this ?

Really hoping that it's something a little better than Gateway Pundit, Stew Peters, or the "Conservative Treehouse" (... isn't that where all the Surrender Monkeys hang out ?)

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You got a link to a media source that is reporting this ?

Really hoping that it's something a little better than Gateway Pundit, Stew Peters, or the "Conservative Treehouse" (... isn't that where all the Surrender Monkeys hang out ?)

Original source is from the Facebook page of the command of special operations forces of the armed forces of Ukraine.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I deleted the screen cap because it had inappropriate language in it for this forum.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You're using a Facebook page as an official news source?

I searched for the phrase "Ukraine not taking prisoners" via one search engine and this was the only (apparently relevant) link that came up on the first page of results:

https://chernayakobra.ru › ukraine-ordered-not-to-take-prisoners-in-the-information-battle

It is a Russian site (.ru) - and I WOULD NOT suggest clicking on that link ... as the connection is insecure and not private with all that that entails.

Using another search engine I found no relevant results for "Ukraine not taking prisoners".

This however appears to be the official site for Ministry of Defense of Ukraine:

If anyone has access to FacePalm, the link Muttly posted probably should be reported to them.

I will observe:

EO member 1. posts both a link and a screenshot making a claim ... 2. and then deletes both ... under the rubric that the screenshot (only) contained "inappropriate language"

Glad you manage to capture the link in the original post though before it was deleted. I have saved it as well.

Well done.

:clapping-happy:

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You’re saying that it is false?

That he claimed it ?

No - I would have no reason whatsoever to claim that.

In fact, I suspect that's probably true.

But I would also note that we're speaking about a man who has been accused of torturing his own citizens.

Seems like that might call the credibility of his claims into question.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I searched for the phrase "Ukraine not taking prisoners" via one search engine and this was the only (apparently relevant) link that came up on the first page of results:

https://chernayakobra.ru › ukraine-ordered-not-to-take-prisoners-in-the-information-battle

It is a Russian site (.ru) - and I WOULD NOT suggest clicking on that link ... as the connection is insecure and not private with all that that entails.

Using another search engine I found no relevant results for "Ukraine not taking prisoners".

This however appears to be the official site for Ministry of Defense of Ukraine:

If anyone has access to FacePalm, the link Muttly posted probably should be reported to them.

I will observe:

EO member 1. posts both a link and a screenshot making a claim ... 2. and then deletes both ... under the rubric that the screenshot (only) contained "inappropriate language"

Glad you manage to capture the link in the original post though before it was deleted. I have saved it as well.

Well done.

:clapping-happy:
Did the screen cap I posted contain some inappropriate language? Yes or no? That’s why I deleted it.
I deleted the Facebook page because it was in Ukrainian language.
Joe’s post has the Facebook link it is below his first tweet in his timeline.

9B831A93-38D5-4DE5-9ABD-4D4226D04B5D.jpeg

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That he claimed it ?

No - I would have no reason whatsoever to claim that.

In fact, I suspect that's probably true.

But I would also note that we're speaking about a man who has been accused of torturing his own citizens.

Seems like that might call the credibility of his claims into question.
Well let’s look at a thorough investigation of what happened back in 2014 has to say:

B56D9D35-A0F6-4333-87A9-C0148190A4B2.jpeg8099981C-FCD2-4588-83B2-3657BC06DFF7.png1C5F4DB2-F156-46C8-BAF8-6C26D07917EF.jpegD59306FF-788E-4B62-9196-7372719A6047.jpeg