Russia Invades Ukraine

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Have they actually been offered NATO membership ?

In essence. Some are even recommending “no fly zones” and some of our politicians have met with Ukraine officials previously in the past and implored their soldiers “to go on the offensive”.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
In essence.

So they actually haven't then.

Thanks - got it.

Some are even recommending “no fly zones” and some of our politicians have met with Ukraine officials previously in the past and implored their soldiers “to go on the offensive”.

In light of what's occurring at present, it sounds that those politicians had wisdom and a great deal of foresight.

Would you care to name them or provide links documenting such interactions ?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

Those comments would seem to be in response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine in 2014.

You remember ... the one with all those "little green men" ... right ?

;)

I suspect the political position that Mr. Tracy - a snowflake who apparently once claimed that Maxine Waters assaulted him IIRC :tearsofjoy: - is espousing is that Ukraine should just roll over for his Daddy Vlad.

IOW: hostile foreign country invades ... and one should just roll over and take it.

Is that your personal view/position too ?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I was asking Dan.
He made a comment. I'm asking what he would do.

Guess he can't answer now.
If we had given weapons before hand....and I don't mean like 300 javelin anti tank missles Russia might have had strong second thoughts about attacking. I believe trump was in the process of selling the iron dome defense system to them before he left office.....but Biden and Democrats nixed it.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
If we had given weapons before hand....and I don't mean like 300 javelin anti tank missles Russia might have had strong second thoughts about attacking.

Continuing to beat the deadhorse of "if we had" isn't responsive to the question.

I believe trump was in the process of selling the iron dome defense system to them before he left office.....but Biden and Democrats nixed it.

You have a reputable source for any reporting on what you claim there ?

You do understand that Iron Dome is an Israeli product ... right ?

And Israel has refused to provide it to Ukraine - due to concerns over their (Israel's) relationship with Russia.

The US currently owns only two Iron Dome systems (which is only effective for small countries or areas - Ukraine is the size of Texas) - one is deployed in Japan and the other was in Guam ... so a bit unclear how the US would be selling them any.

Perhaps more research is in order ?

Iron Dome

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If we had given weapons before hand....and I don't mean like 300 javelin anti tank missles Russia might have had strong second thoughts about attacking. I believe trump was in the process of selling the iron dome defense system to them before he left office.....but Biden and Democrats nixed it.
Ok, I get it, Biden and the Democrats are responsible for everything gone wrong between Russia and Ukraine in the since WW2., But what do we do now?

Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Those comments would seem to be in response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine in 2014.

You remember ... the one with all those "little green men" ... right ?

;)

I suspect the political position that Mr. Tracy - a snowflake who apparently once claimed that Maxine Waters assaulted him IIRC :tearsofjoy: - is espousing is that Ukraine should just roll over for his Daddy Vlad.

IOW: hostile foreign country invades ... and one should just roll over and take it.

Is that your personal view/position too ?
Wasn’t that after the forced regime change/ coup that they meddled with that had the President of Ukraine flee to Russia and had an attempt on his motorcade as he was leaving?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Continuing to beat the deadhorse of "if we had" isn't responsive to the question.

You have a reputable source for any reporting on what you claim there ?

You do understand that Iron Dome is an Israeli product ... right ?

And Israel has refused to provide it Ukraine - due to concerns over their relationship with Russia.

The US currently own only two Iron Dome systems (which is only effective for small countries or areas (Ukraine is the size of Texas) - one is deployed in Japan and the other was in Guam ... so a bit unclear how the US would be selling them any.

Perhaps more research is in order ?

Iron Dome
As I understood iron dome was American made....leard something new.

Reactions: muttly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Blaming Biden and Democrats is your standard answer.

Reactions: RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Wasn’t that after the forced regime change/ coup that they meddled with that had the President of Ukraine flee to Russia and had an attempt on his motorcade as he was leaving?

That's certainly the Russian disinformation/agit-prop take on it.

Probably be a good thing to know more of the actual facts surrounding the events that you're referring to ... before commenting further:

Viktor Yanukovych

Revolution of Dignity

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
About that MacGregor guy that some here were getting so worked up about:

Clearly one of Russia's useful idiots ... and there are many.

Fox News seems to attract them like flies hovering around a piece of rotting meat.

Excellent job on deploying the Surrender Monkeys there Rupert !

We won't forget.

Ever.
The guy is smart. Some don’t like to hear the unvarnished truth however.
BTW, it’s been reported that Ukraine military isn’t too happy with Biden saying that Kiev is surrounded by Russian tanks.