October places, things, thoughts and wishes and some other stuff.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
most-interesting-man-in-the-world-red-shirt.jpg

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What a weird week, mid October I hoped would be rocking. My third sitting spot since Sunday and been bumped in each one of them. Talked with six van drivers and not one moving but we all know this job come afternoon it could go crazy besides the inside of my van has gotten a good cleaning.

Good luck to all!

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Been a little slow restarting after the weekend and the holiday up nort. Trips have been kinda short also but that's the way of expediting sometimes.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have had three offers since I started moving last night said yes to two but no luck on those. Did just say no to one, way to many dh miles already this week and it was one I would have had to dh out. Their trying that's all we can ask.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Really strange. Was super busy then last 7 or 8 days have slowed down quite a bit. I am not sure if the government shut down is starting to have some economic effect or what is going on but it is odd.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Alert.... I want to report a chef Dennis sighting. Well his van at least but I think he might just be in there, unless its a decoy of some sort.

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
Really strange. Was super busy then last 7 or 8 days have slowed down quite a bit. I am not sure if the government shut down is starting to have some economic effect or what is going on but it is odd.

Just like expediting...busy as heck, then some time to recharge the batteries. The loads will come back...in the meantime we just swing at every offer that comes to us and keep reaching for the fence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Just like expediting...busy as heck, then some time to recharge the batteries. The loads will come back...in the meantime we just swing at every offer that comes to us and keep reaching for the fence.

Well said Rich. You guys are my longest sitting straight truck which makes me insane!

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
Well said Rich. You guys are my longest sitting straight truck which makes me insane!

No worries...we know it is being worked on. My only problem is that my lovely wife tends to do her online shopping when we are parked! :eek:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yup Been a little quite so far this week. Just had 2 nice back to back bids so hopefully things are waking up :)

guido4475

Not a Member
What a weird week, mid October I hoped would be rocking. My third sitting spot since Sunday and been bumped in each one of them. Talked with six van drivers and not one moving but we all know this job come afternoon it could go crazy besides the inside of my van has gotten a good cleaning.

Good luck to all!

If you'd like me to, I could empty move to where you are at and bump you!!!!...lol...Heck, we could all just drive around and bump each other!!....Wait..this sounds too weird....lol...Sitting does that to me...

I did, however, manage to completely organize the nut and bolt and washer and butt connector collection into separate compartments now....lol...

Is it me, or is Aunt Bea starting to look hot???......

shadow7663

Expert Expediter

FINALLY! Someone besides me who drives you insane. Well there is always Wolfe but he doesn't really count. Or does he ?:D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
We caught one, too. All the way to mickey mouseville. :)