November Banter and Location

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Back in service. I had planned on staying out through the holiday week, but my fan clutch went into failure mode. Instead of risking it, I decided to have the shop fix it and take care of the next batch of preventive work. All the work was finished just in time for the holiday part of the week. So I'm available for the odd weekend load that may come up, and no more shop bound maintenance until after the new year.

eb

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Road Time wrote:

Thank you Dispatch and Load 1...

After a dry run late last week that left me hanging in DFW area for the weekend. I was surrounded by about 10 sprinters and 10 cargo vans that I could see. I had a dream (more of a nightmare) that I woke up on Monday morning to find out I was the only one still there. oddly enough just 2 mins. after waking from this dream dispatched called with a nice run to Anderson SC. I was the first person to leave not the last I sent a request in response to that QC message if we wanted to get home. I put my request in to get back toward Michigan. I was already planing on spending a missed holiday in Anderson and did not have high hopes, but took a nap and settling in just in case.
About 5hrs later I get a call from dispatch mentioning my note they had and was offered a load that picked up 30 miles away and dropped off 30 miles from my house
I must say I almost choked on my Taco Bell when he told me that. So here I sit, at home looking out at the lake, typing this and looking forward to a great Thanksgiving.
Thank you Load 1 for making this possible
Happy Thanksgiving to All

Its things like this, and the Thanksgiving dinner thread, and having been on the recieving end of a really long paid DH home for Christmas last year that show me and i know alot of others that we do lease to one of if not the best carrier in this industry...

Thanks John and all of Load 1 for all that you do for our benefit, it is Greatly appreciated.....

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Juju, have a great holiday (you owe me for the peace and quiet). Maybe you should come out for a spurt and see us all again! :D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Juju, have a great holiday (you owe me for the peace and quiet). Maybe you should come out for a spurt and see us all again! :D

Thanks John...You don't know just how often I think about just that! Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family..and to all our family at Load One. Something about this trip of Ken's is going to make my cousin's cooking a lot more enjoyable! But I do kinda miss him..:)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
happy thanksgiving all.

hope your pecans turn out, did you and nick make it home to be with family.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
happy thanksgiving all.

hope your pecans turn out, did you and nick make it home to be with family.

Half of them ended up a bit more done thn I would have liked. I used brown sugar instead of white. but Nicks is gladly eating them. We did make it home, but dinner is not until.Saturday. thank you again for the offer of dinner at your home.

jojomica

Seasoned Expediter
To all my new friends at Load 1, its been only a year but it seems Ive been here so much longer. Feel very much appreciative of all the help and support. Happy Thanksgiving John and family, drivers, and the whole Load 1 team. Peace

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guess I pulled a rabbit out of my hat ...or wherever that horseshoe is..:p

Picked up a double out of Michigan one going to Lancaster Pa that was to deliver tomorrow morning...planned on going to check out where consignee was and go to Wally World and come back in morning.....got to the guards gate and lo and behold the contractors were working and I got unloaded!
Second stop is Concord NH for a Monday delivery....But hold the phone it gets better...have a predispatch that picks up 60 miles away Monday that comes back to Michigan!! Who would thunk.:D..Now at the Petro in Scranton Pa for the night...