March 2017 this and that.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What's the name of that app? This giraffe watching is getting old and it's to cold to go out so I don't have the cat cam on either.

0bff0cdfdd5b14b06911da6a6267b59c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: NorthernBill

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a call today. Asked if I understood the email, I said yes. Then I waited. Then I got hung up on.

Wasn't asked to do any deliveries, would have been fine with that

Lol

(To clarify...yes it was the old company...insurance changes take so long nowadays)

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually...someone may be able to help me here...

What's the proper response when you are told that you are going to have your plates cancelled and insurance cancelled if you don't have any deliveries? I think it would have been supremely helpful if I was offered one. Maybe I'm wrong?

I was out for the weekend due to the shock...which I advised Thursday evening last week, and he seemed upset when I turned down a local for safety reasons the next day...would have made last week like the week before, about $245 gross...

Ah, well. I'm not privy to the advanced thinking that leads to buying 2 more company trucks in the lowest rate slowest time of the season. I consider myself well chastised, punished, and will dutifully begin to shake in my boots.

But if I'm missing something, somebody set me straight

:jester:

Last edited:

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I whined yesterday about people running at .60. So what happens? I get a shortie from Three Mile Island to a sister plant in NYS, at a good rate.

Now at the J in Pembroke. Whining about the cold now
Couldn't steal a run outta NYS. Even bid .60 to go to Odessa TX and didn't get it

Shook the dust off my feet and went back to PA. After 12 hrs, loaded & gone. Enrt to south Alabama.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Couldn't steal a run outta NYS. Even bid .60 to go to Odessa TX and didn't get it

Shook the dust off my feet and went back to PA. After 12 hrs, loaded & gone. Enrt to south Alabama.
Hopefully it went to someone who bid higher. Doubtful but hopeful.

Reactions: Perioodic

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I whined yesterday about people running at .60. So what happens? I get a shortie from Three Mile Island to a sister plant in NYS, at a good rate.

Now at the J in Pembroke. Whining about the cold now

Iam sorry who would even want to go to Odessa TX in BFE anyways never mind at .60 ... I just gotta give ya a thumbs down on that one... .60 to go home maybe or even 60 to get out of Odessa ... we do what we feel we must .. :)

Reactions: Perioodic

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Iam sorry who would even want to go to Odessa TX in BFE anyways never mind at .60 ... I just gotta give ya a thumbs down on that one... .60 to go home maybe or even 60 to get out of Odessa ... we do what we feel we must .. :)

I am so tired of Texas and I've been here one day! I still wouldn't run for that to get here or even get out.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I am so tired of Texas and I've been here one day! I still wouldn't run for that to get here or even get out.
You know I have been doing that Texas thing and I have never not even yet been close to doing $.60 I have not been below 70 and I'm talking all mile calculation that that's not to say though if I ever get stuck I will run for a price I know I can make money at...

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You know I have been doing that Texas thing and I have never not even yet been close to doing $.60 I have not been below 70 and I'm talking all mile calculation that that's not to say though if I ever get stuck I will run for a price I know I can make money at...

Yeah me either, I don't even entertain offers that low. I see that you're becoming Mr. 3000 while the other guy is hanging out in the dakotas

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Yeah me either, I don't even entertain offers that low. I see that you're becoming Mr. 3000 while the other guy is hanging out in the dakotas
It was just luck buddy pure and simple luck I managed to snag one out of close to Rapid City to Michigan over a weekend now I'm headed back to Texas
And I have been fighting a head cold while running all these miles but when you're on a roll you got to go with it