layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
WOW, sounds really good!! I will keep that in mind. We had the last of our REAL food (made at home) tonight. With any luck we will be out of here tomorrow. We get out this way often so I will put your suggestion in our "tihngs to do and places to go" list. Many thanks, Layoutshooter

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Peculiar, MO. Just a bit south of KC at the "J" Layoutshooter

We just passed that J and did the usual jokes about the place named Peculiar. Wish we had seen this earlier and stopped.
We deliver tomorrow in Britt, IA.

If this could be an ongoing thread it would be fun to meet other EO members.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are going to try to keep it up, it is always fun to meet other E.O. members. Too bad you missed us, we have been here forever. I think they will be charging us property taxes starting tomorrow!! Maybe a new "Location Forum"? Layoutshooter

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Maybe one day, we can all get together and play a game called "Musical Cities". Based upon the "Musical Chairs" game....LOL:p

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The J in Aurora, CO ..... go up the hill tomorrow morning.

Was pretty nice this afternoon, from the 80/76 split in NE into Denver .... the temp hit 61° about two hours out .... turned on the AC 'cause it was getting warm with the sun coming in thru the windshield (partly sunny with high, thin clouds)

After I got here I changed the bypass filter at the J .... in a short-sleeved t-shirt (no coat) :D

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Yep...trapped in Michigan, turning down loads that don't pay enough to move the truck. Did someone mention SPRING? if not..... I will!!!!
SPRING

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Sitting at the J in Dallas, Texas. Been here since about noon today. Dropped this morning in Nacogdoches. Put us on the Shreveport board. Figured Shreveport and Houston were a bust so headed on over here. Currently 5th on board 4th team out. Looks like we might be here a day or two. :(

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
At a Wal Mart in Biddeford, ME. I'm thinking about heading down to the TA in Greenland, NH. Anyone even remotely close?

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
We pick up a load here in Michigan tomorrow morning going to SC. I can't wait to leave the snow and cold behind!

termite289

Expert Expediter
yahooo, made it to woodhaven, mi.
by the way, the restaurant at the detroiter is now closed for remodeling, aprox 6 weeks. it will be an I-hop when complete.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Back at the J in Aurora ..... after the little trip up the hill to Avon, CO :D

Less than an hour later after leaving Denver, the temperature had dropped 30 degrees, and it was snowing pretty good going up to Loveland Pass ..... coming out of the Eisenhower Tunnel and going down the hill it was pretty messy but still not too bad.

When I got to the 195 MM the chain law was in effect to the top of Vail Pass, and the road was pretty bad coming down into Vail ...

I dropped my load at 18:30 EST and turned around and started back to Denver immediately .... which was probably a good thing since I-70 EB after MM182 going up to Vail Summit had turned into a parking lot (chains required after MM180 for commercial trucks)

Lotsa goobers with little front-wheel drive cars who have apparently never heard of snow tires ....

I almost chained up at about the 182 ..... but it really didn't look all that bad ..... I was pretty impressed with how the Sprinter and the tires (Michelin LTX M+S) did ..... cars were spinning out all over, sliding from one lane to another .... I never once lit the ASR light on the dash - or spun at all - all the way up to the top ..... even when I ended up having to start from a complete stop.

Interesting on how rapidly conditions can change when going up in the mountains .... when I left Denver it was partly sunny and 62 degrees :rolleyes:

Descending from Vail Summit, on the way to Avon:

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
And I was hopping you stop in Aspen and get a drink with the Hollywood stars that did not made it to the Oscar ...
maybe rent a snow Slade ...
or at least go up the escalators ...
you workaholic...

Moose.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I can't remember the last time I spent any time at the Detroiter. I just go to that TA in Monroe. You can get to Toledo fast and back to Detroit if you need to.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Detroit no longer ex center for FDCC,its now Dearborn.We either stay old truck stop in Dearborn or truck stop over by the airport off of Merridian