chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in georgetown Ky at the toyota plant. Took a load up to franklin oh. Dh'd home to toledo this AM. Just missed the I-75 shutdown in Dayton and got to Toledo in a little over 4 hours. 1st out here, so We will see where we go from here.

cannedmeat27

Expert Expediter
im assuming at least washington it all depends
on if they get lucky with a load back or where
dispatch wants them to go.

transporter

Expert Expediter
ok alaska? I wonder how dangerous in winter it is to drive to anchorage al? are truckstops very far a part. ie dangers of running out of fuel.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When we went to AK it was November. It is a wonderful time to drive the Alaskan Highway. There is little tourist traffic then. For the most part the road was good the year we went, 2005. We never had to chain up. There was heavy snow in the Alaskan portion but we only drove during daylight and waited for the plows to clear it first. As to fuel. There are ample truck stops the entire route. Just be sure to ALWAYs work off the top half of your tanks. We starting looking for fuel everytime the gauge showed 1/2 tank. We sometime bought fuel before that just to have it. It is a run beyond belief. The scenery is un-believable. They would not allow us to run at night in the Yukon. The scale at Tok Alaska informed the last scale in the Yukon that we had cleared thier part of the highway. We did take 3 days off in Anchorage to see it. Layoutshooter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOL, FedEx does require that you have fuel tank heaters to take that run, at least in the winter. The truck we were driving at the time had them. I would like a run up there in late July thru early August. Just the right time to catch the salmon runs. I would take a week off then. Layoutshooter

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Where ya headed?
Actually, where I am headed is contained in the word "west" in my post (.... it's a web link) ..... but if ya don't wanna click it, I'll tell ya - Avon, CO ...... about 8 miles west of Vail .... :eek:

@ home and we are heading east 2morrow....
Kewl ... where ya goin' ?

Had an offer yesterday Montana to Greenfield Ind 1300 and change miles...but the deal fell thru...darn!!
Yeah ... this one I'm on is pretty decent on the miles .... I picked it up about 15 miles west of NYC .... 1868 loaded :D .... I was only 17 miles away from the pick up .... that oughta do a little something to keep the deadhead percentage in line ......

Trick will be getting a load back out ..... :cool:

Anybody know a good place to get chains in the Denver area ?

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
maybe an autoparts store since you have lite truck tires?

looks like the worst weather is behind you. be careful in i-o- way.

transporter

Expert Expediter
layout you better stay away from those salmon runs or one of those bears will eat you. poof one less expediter. You better just go a head and let me take it up there for you. I am just looking out for ya.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I call bs.

I firmly believe every expediting truck in the nation is currently occupying the 2 TA stops in Ontario, CA. Holy, moly, there are a ton of expediters here!

That's where I am, for the second week in a row. I'm not complaining. Making money, two weeks running. I grew up very near where you are, nekedi (pardon the spelling...it's on the last page), between Rochester and Buffalo. Talked to them last night, and to folks back home (West Michigan) this AM, and it appears both are getting pounded with snow. I am very thankful to see my white legs in a pair of shorts this time of year.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not every truck is there, we are in KC. I can say one thing about those two truck stops there and that is WHEN the "BIG ONE" hits and the San Andreas faults cuts loose and releases over 300 years of tension and power, that the epicenter is directly under those two TA's. Layoutshooter

moose

Veteran Expediter
Anybody know a good place to get chains in the Denver area ?

Moose to the rescue .
call ahead to the Penskee lease location in Aurora , CO ,for pricing.
The Petro in York , N.E carry them for cars also, and just to the north of Exit 353 in York , the WM have them too.
also the Pilot x312 and 107.
I know of other locations for a 22.5 truck tire .
remember to duck under the bridge in Kearney...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Moose,

Thanks !!! I'll check 'em out.

Jack,

Eyerway weren't too bad - I80 was clear when I got on it, and little bit of snow flurries here and there over to Des Moines, after that clear skies - extremely windy though, up to Des Moines (cut my mileage by 2 mpg) .... after that it calmed down ....

I just stopped in Gretna, NE for fuel ..... very light breeze, 20 degrees, and clear as a bell ....... heading on to North Platte for the night.

Attachments

• Sundown west of Des Moines.jpg
    Sundown west of Des Moines.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 7

moose

Veteran Expediter
Funny thing about Nebraska.
no matter what direction you are driving -
You always facing the wind.

Moose.
somewhere snowy .

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is that anything like walking to school up hill in the snow both ways in your bare feet in January? Layoutshooter

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I call bs.

I firmly believe every expediting truck in the nation is currently occupying the 2 TA stops in Ontario, CA. Holy, moly, there are a ton of expediters here!

That's where I am, for the second week in a row. I'm not complaining. Making money, two weeks running. I grew up very near where you are, nekedi (pardon the spelling...it's on the last page), between Rochester and Buffalo. Talked to them last night, and to folks back home (West Michigan) this AM, and it appears both are getting pounded with snow. I am very thankful to see my white legs in a pair of shorts this time of year.

We had a truck out there a little over a week ago and we were amazed that many had been out there for several weeks waiting on a load.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Sittin in my recliner in cold 17 degree Harlan, Indiana

Just a thought but does EO have window stickers?
I always wonder if the expeditor I am passing is an EO member.
It would be cool if I could look for an EO sticker on the drivers side window or the back of the truck.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Hear that Lawrence? Think of all the extra revenue you could be raking in... window decals... ball caps.. sweatshirts.. bumper stickers.. mugs.. pens.. people are HOT for EO!!

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
We are in the KC area, waiting till monday to take the truck in for service. Had a great load from KC to Miami, but that deal fell thru, kinda bummed, was missing the warm weather after spending almost 2 weeks in texas.