June Location with banter

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
John have you considered sealing off the door from the wash bay into the main floor area? (by the washroom). There's a lot of grease from boots that gets all over the carpet that I guess is coming from there.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
So true! We pay to have the shower cleaned 5 times a week. 10 times would not be enough if people don't take care of basic cleaning up after themselves. Crazy but kind of like the why throw paper towel in the urinals problem. Very frustrating when you try to provide and do nice things for peopl

I've not used the shower or laundry, but they certainly are nice, and it must be discouraging to see people act like slobs in those surroundings.
I hope the rest of us will find a way to get the message across that "slobs need not apply", because Load One is better than that.
Maybe the presence of a CCTV camera [in the lounge, not the shower!] would help them clean up their act - and it doesn't even have to be filming, lol, 'dummies' work for the purpose, too.;)

guido4475

Not a Member
Please when using the shower at the yard CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!

I doubt the guy gets on here but the other day I went in the shower as someone else was coming out so I do know who it was. The place looked like someone took a shower with the glass door open and had a pool party. Water was all the way in the laundry area and covered the sink counter. There was wrappers and tags on the bench and floor. Why is it so hard for people to wipe the place down when they are done. If they don't want to use their own towel get one from dispatch and use it, a quick wipe down of the door, floor and chrome works wonders. They might want to pick up their own trash too!

OK I fel better now. :)

I'm right there with you, probably was Sleepy...lol..But the wash bay!! What is it about people not cleaning up there, also? I washed the van yesterday.Grease all over the floor.Wands on the floor.Vacuum left on, just whirring away.Presoak pump not turned off.Brushes laying on the floor.Amazing how so many abuse what is given to us.

guido4475

Not a Member
John have you considered sealing off the door from the wash bay into the main floor area? (by the washroom). There's a lot of grease from boots that gets all over the carpet that I guess is coming from there.

If drivers would rinse off the floor after they get done using the wash bay, this wouldnt be a problem...

guido4475

Not a Member
So true! We pay to have the shower cleaned 5 times a week. 10 times would not be enough if people don't take care of basic cleaning up after themselves. Crazy but kind of like the why throw paper towel in the urinals problem. Very frustrating when you try to provide and do nice things for peopl

I've not used the shower or laundry, but they certainly are nice, and it must be discouraging to see people act like slobs in those surroundings.
I hope the rest of us will find a way to get the message across that "slobs need not apply", because Load One is better than that.
Maybe the presence of a CCTV camera [in the lounge, not the shower!] would help them clean up their act - and it doesn't even have to be filming, lol, 'dummies' work for the purpose, too.;)

Uhhhh...there already is one in the lounge,upper corner above the A/C unit..:eek:

guido4475

Not a Member
Please when using the shower at the yard CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!

I doubt the guy gets on here but the other day I went in the shower as someone else was coming out so I do know who it was. The place looked like someone took a shower with the glass door open and had a pool party. Water was all the way in the laundry area and covered the sink counter. There was wrappers and tags on the bench and floor. Why is it so hard for people to wipe the place down when they are done. If they don't want to use their own towel get one from dispatch and use it, a quick wipe down of the door, floor and chrome works wonders. They might want to pick up their own trash too!

OK I fel better now. :)

If the door is pulled slightly toward the shower, and not the room,it will not leak into the shower room.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Probably have traffic control for all of those farm implements out there...:D

They should have...can't tell you how many times I've popped over a hill and there's a tractor going down the highway being taken to the next field..You watch for them like you'd watch for deer.

It is a farming community...sometimes a cattle drive or moving sheep will slow you down pretty good too.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If the door is pulled slightly toward the shower, and not the room,it will not leak into the shower room.

If the door is just shut normal it works fine no need to stress the hinges. But in this case it was no leak it was a break in the dam.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It's so easy to wipe everything down with a towel.

Seems pretty simple when you say it that way, lol.

Yes, the lounge has a camera and it is for real.

Now we just need to trap the guy throwing the paper towel in the urinal!!! LOL

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would like to see something like a mail box put up with a lock on it so the drivers could put a couple of dollars or spare change in it and then take the money and buy some cleaning supplys to spray and wipe the shower down after using it..I have donated a couple of bottles and left there to be used...it is a small price to pay to shower at something as nice as a Hilton Hotel...I like to call the shower the Hilton south..

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I would like to see something like a mail box put up with a lock on it so the drivers could put a couple of dollars or spare change in it and then take the money and buy some cleaning supplys to spray and wipe the shower down after using it..I have donated a couple of bottles and left there to be used...it is a small price to pay to shower at something as nice as a Hilton Hotel...I like to call the shower the Hilton south..

The same guy that puts paper towels in the urinal would probably steal it..why is it always ONE bad apple?:confused: